Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
WhiteyCakes

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby WhiteyCakes » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:44 am

Yukos wrote:Harvard sends out a few denials in September, so Stanford could be picking up that model, but a 3.92/168 with good softs doesn't sound like an autoding at Stanford...

Definitely not an autoding from the looks of last year's numbers

Mdenis1

Postby Mdenis1 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:33 am

WhiteyCakes wrote:
Mdenis1 wrote:Atch! "Decision letter send" appeared on my status checker :/ that was quick! I guess I didn't get in :( because they usually directly call you when you're in... oh well! I knew my chances were slim (3.92 168 good softs good work experience) especially because of my LSAT but I thought they would onto me a little bit or WL me!

How could you possibly receive a decision this early in the cycle? Apps have only been open for S for 2 weeks

I have seriously no idea!!! I was extremely surprised. Like someone says, maybe it's a technical difficulty? I guess I'll know for sure when I see if get or not a letter in the mail in the following days...

Mdenis1

Postby Mdenis1 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:36 am

MayBJack426 wrote:
Mdenis1 wrote:Atch! "Decision letter send" appeared on my status checker :/ that was quick! I guess I didn't get in :( because they usually directly call you when you're in... oh well! I knew my chances were slim (3.92 168 good softs good work experience) especially because of my LSAT but I thought they would onto me a little bit or WL me!

wow! That is so quick! When did you send in your app?

And don't lose hope yet! Maybe it is a WL or acceptance?! I'm crossing my fingers for you!!!

I sent my application on Septemner 19th o_0 o_0 !

I really think (after reading last year thread) that when you get in 1) they directly call you to tell you on the phone 2) and that WL only come out by Spring.

Mdenis1

Postby Mdenis1 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:37 am

WhiteyCakes wrote:
Yukos wrote:Harvard sends out a few denials in September, so Stanford could be picking up that model, but a 3.92/168 with good softs doesn't sound like an autoding at Stanford...

Definitely not an autoding from the looks of last year's numbers

Yeah that's also what I thought. I knew I wouldn't be the best of their applicants, but I was expecting them to at least hold on to me a little bit so they could compare me with the rest of the pool...

Mdenis1

Postby Mdenis1 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:47 am

I'm confused now :evil: I relogged in and now it says my file is incomplete... o_0 I will contact them on this !

Yukos

Postby Yukos » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:56 am

Mdenis1 wrote:I'm confused now :evil: I relogged in and now it says my file is incomplete... o_0 I will contact them on this !

Probably just a glitch. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

spicyyoda17

Postby spicyyoda17 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:54 am

one_by_one wrote:Maybe their system is just spazzing out? I can't log-in to my status checker (it says that my User ID is invalid) ...

I had the same problem last week and was told that this can happen when you use a browser besides Internet Explorer. Try using IE and logging in - it worked for me.

one_by_one

Postby one_by_one » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:13 pm

Last edited by one_by_one on Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pandamonium13

Postby pandamonium13 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:24 pm

Checking in! Just submitted my app today. Let the waiting commence.

hopeful16

Postby hopeful16 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:43 am

Checking in as well. Good luck everyone!

Mdenis1

Postby Mdenis1 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:55 am

spicyyoda17 wrote:
one_by_one wrote:Maybe their system is just spazzing out? I can't log-in to my status checker (it says that my User ID is invalid) ...

I had the same problem last week and was told that this can happen when you use a browser besides Internet Explorer. Try using IE and logging in - it worked for me.

It's working now! Thanks :)

Mdenis1

Postby Mdenis1 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:00 am

Am I the only one who can't log into the status check? I enter my username and password, it doesn't work, I click on the forget my password button, I enter my used name and it says user name unknown... -_-

spicyyoda17

Postby spicyyoda17 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:10 am

Mdenis1 wrote:Am I the only one who can't log into the status check? I enter my username and password, it doesn't work, I click on the forget my password button, I enter my used name and it says user name unknown... -_-

See above. Use Internet Explorer

Mdenis1

Postby Mdenis1 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:45 am

spicyyoda17 wrote:
Mdenis1 wrote:Am I the only one who can't log into the status check? I enter my username and password, it doesn't work, I click on the forget my password button, I enter my used name and it says user name unknown... -_-

See above. Use Internet Explorer

Yeah i know! i'm using IE now and it's still not working... (it was 2 days ago but not anymore)

masked kavana

Postby masked kavana » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:24 pm

Question for everyone. As a reapplicant the law school website says they require an "updated personal statement" does this mean a whole new statement or can I use my old one and tweak it a bit?

RSterling

Postby RSterling » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:32 pm

masked kavana wrote:Question for everyone. As a reapplicant the law school website says they require an "updated personal statement" does this mean a whole new statement or can I use my old one and tweak it a bit?

I'm not a reapplicant to stanford, but I am for other schools that mention they want an updated or new PS. Mine tells the same story and is exactly the same in a lot of parts, but I cleaned it up a bit and integrated a new paragraph about what I've been doing since the last time I applied.

masked kavana

Postby masked kavana » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:24 am

RSterling wrote:
masked kavana wrote:Question for everyone. As a reapplicant the law school website says they require an "updated personal statement" does this mean a whole new statement or can I use my old one and tweak it a bit?

I'm not a reapplicant to stanford, but I am for other schools that mention they want an updated or new PS. Mine tells the same story and is exactly the same in a lot of parts, but I cleaned it up a bit and integrated a new paragraph about what I've been doing since the last time I applied.

Awesome thanks for the tip. Just submitted :)

kfischm1

Postby kfischm1 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:44 pm

Anyone's Statement from Undergraduate Dean still not recieved? Mine was sent on Sept. 10 from my university and my file is STILL incomplete (I submitted on 9/16). Yesterday I went to my university and had them send it by email in case it got lost in the mail...but my file is still incomplete on the status checker. How long does it usually take them to update that in your file? Anyone else having problems with this?

one_by_one

Postby one_by_one » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:55 pm

kfischm1 wrote:Anyone's Statement from Undergraduate Dean still not recieved? Mine was sent on Sept. 10 from my university and my file is STILL incomplete (I submitted on 9/16). Yesterday I went to my university and had them send it by email in case it got lost in the mail...but my file is still incomplete on the status checker. How long does it usually take them to update that in your file? Anyone else having problems with this?

I think they're just a little bogged down in the office. I had called to confirm its receipt and it was later updated.

Kionaltski

Postby Kionaltski » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:02 pm

one_by_one wrote:
kfischm1 wrote:Anyone's Statement from Undergraduate Dean still not recieved? Mine was sent on Sept. 10 from my university and my file is STILL incomplete (I submitted on 9/16). Yesterday I went to my university and had them send it by email in case it got lost in the mail...but my file is still incomplete on the status checker. How long does it usually take them to update that in your file? Anyone else having problems with this?

I think they're just a little bogged down in the office. I had called to confirm its receipt and it was later updated.

Same thing happened to me. I emailed them and it was fixed (today) and now it's complete

lsacqueen

Postby lsacqueen » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:21 am

Just submitted my app - checking in!

kfischm1

Postby kfischm1 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:07 pm

Kionaltski wrote:
one_by_one wrote:

Same thing happened to me. I emailed them and it was fixed (today) and now it's complete

I emailed them yesterday and they hadn't responded yet, so I called today. The woman in admissions found the statement (received by email) and then updated my file. So my file is now complete. :-) I guess the one in the mail did get lost after all.

Let the waiting begin!

Yukos

Postby Yukos » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:00 am

Dreamed I got accepted last night. So disappointing to wake up...

Yukos

Postby Yukos » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:50 am

I'm consistently unable to log into my status check now. I'm on a Mac and Chrome and Safari don't work -- is there any alternative to downloading IE for Mac?

tyler.durden

Postby tyler.durden » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:24 am

Yukos wrote:I'm consistently unable to log into my status check now. I'm on a Mac and Chrome and Safari don't work -- is there any alternative to downloading IE for Mac?

I have the same problem when I try to log in using the bookmark I made to the site in chrome, but when I click the link in the email they sent it works every time. I am on a Mac also and this is all through chrome. I don't understand it, but hope that helps!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”