Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
mtrrw
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:05 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby mtrrw » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:25 pm

DLS (WL) this morning.

User avatar
porch
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby porch » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:33 pm

GO AWAY

Image

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2737
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby TripTrip » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:55 pm

porch is a firstworldanarchist.

Not only does he post the obvious, he also takes a screenshot by taking a photograph of his screen.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby helix23 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:57 pm

TripTrip wrote:porch is a firstworldanarchist.

Not only does he post the obvious, he also takes a screenshot by taking a photograph of his screen.


I was going to point this out.

User avatar
porch
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby porch » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:07 pm

nope i took a screenshot on my phone. sorry guys.

i think the cropping did that.

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:09 pm

TripTrip wrote:porch is a firstworldanarchist.

Not only does he post the obvious, he also takes a screenshot by taking a photograph of his screen.


Hahahaha my exact thoughts

User avatar
porch
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby porch » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:09 pm

Image

heres an actual screenshot off the mac. also expanded it to include the hovering If for those who havent seen it.

edit: also just googled firstworldanarchist, hilarious. http://www.buzzfeed.com/virginmobileliv ... hists-5l87

Lebron1234
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:33 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby Lebron1234 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:26 pm

WL (Checked a couple hours ago)

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2737
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby TripTrip » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:29 pm

porch wrote:edit: also just googled firstworldanarchist, hilarious. http://www.buzzfeed.com/virginmobileliv ... hists-5l87

Eh, I guess this proves I'm a reddit junkie. I was referring to http://www.reddit.com/r/firstworldanarchists/top/

User avatar
porch
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby porch » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:45 pm

TripTrip wrote:
porch wrote:edit: also just googled firstworldanarchist, hilarious. http://www.buzzfeed.com/virginmobileliv ... hists-5l87

Eh, I guess this proves I'm a reddit junkie. I was referring to http://www.reddit.com/r/firstworldanarchists/top/



I just spent an hour of class looking at that. Finals are next week. we were reviewing for the final today. damn you triptrip

User avatar
cwid1391
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:41 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby cwid1391 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:48 pm

porch wrote:
TripTrip wrote:
porch wrote:edit: also just googled firstworldanarchist, hilarious. http://www.buzzfeed.com/virginmobileliv ... hists-5l87

Eh, I guess this proves I'm a reddit junkie. I was referring to http://www.reddit.com/r/firstworldanarchists/top/



I just spent an hour of class looking at that. Finals are next week. we were reviewing for the final today. damn you triptrip


It's been fifteen minutes. Simmer down, porch.

User avatar
porch
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby porch » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:50 pm

cwid1391 wrote:
porch wrote:
TripTrip wrote:
porch wrote:edit: also just googled firstworldanarchist, hilarious. http://www.buzzfeed.com/virginmobileliv ... hists-5l87

Eh, I guess this proves I'm a reddit junkie. I was referring to http://www.reddit.com/r/firstworldanarchists/top/



I just spent an hour of class looking at that. Finals are next week. we were reviewing for the final today. damn you triptrip


It's been fifteen minutes. Simmer down, porch.


hahah i meant firstworldanarchist stuff and i guess that was 45 minutes... regardless i could not care less about this class.

User avatar
porch
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby porch » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:53 pm

This has been fun and all today, however I am going to play a round of golf now. I shall post in here about my acceptance call waitlist/ding when I return from triple bogeying my way down the back nine.

User avatar
Vincent
Posts: 258
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:57 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby Vincent » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:06 pm

porch wrote:This has been fun and all today, however I am going to play a round of golf now. I shall post in here about my acceptance call waitlist/ding when I return from triple bogeying my way down the back nine.


Next time you LOCI, talk about how you'd love to do that on the campus golf course...

switchis32
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:35 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby switchis32 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:37 pm

since the deposit deadline is tomorrow, any thoughts of whether we will see any wait list movement next week?

User avatar
Skunky Bumps
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:24 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby Skunky Bumps » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:06 pm

switchis32 wrote:since the deposit deadline is tomorrow, any thoughts of whether we will see any wait list movement next week?


Considering how long they're letting this shit go, they'll probably sit on 100 waitlist acceptances for about 3 months just to keep you on the edge of your seat.

nextstep222
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:22 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby nextstep222 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:08 pm

switchis32 wrote:since the deposit deadline is tomorrow, any thoughts of whether we will see any wait list movement next week?


their deposit deadline is tomorrow?!

great, we're all getting fucking dinged

User avatar
Vincent
Posts: 258
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:57 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby Vincent » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:13 pm

nextstep222 wrote:
switchis32 wrote:since the deposit deadline is tomorrow, any thoughts of whether we will see any wait list movement next week?


their deposit deadline is tomorrow?!

great, we're all getting fucking dinged


Regular deadline is tomorrow, but some of the people with later acceptances have been getting extended deadlines (e.g. 5/10)

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby digifly » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:31 pm

There it is! DLS ----> WL.

User avatar
cwid1391
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:41 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby cwid1391 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:32 pm

digifly wrote:There it is! DLS ----> WL.


ONE.BY.ONE

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9635
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby jbagelboy » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:53 pm

At first, I thought this waitlist indicated some hope of staying on the west coast. Now that its so bloated with so many more qualified candidates, I'm resigned to leaving.

User avatar
cwid1391
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:41 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby cwid1391 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:55 pm

jbagelboy wrote:At first, I thought this waitlist indicated some hope of staying on the west coast. Now that its so bloated with so many more qualified candidates, I'm resigned to leaving.


Yessss..yesss... that's the spirit!


Congrats on your 1000th post.

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9635
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby jbagelboy » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:00 pm

cwid1391 wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:At first, I thought this waitlist indicated some hope of staying on the west coast. Now that its so bloated with so many more qualified candidates, I'm resigned to leaving.


Yessss..yesss... that's the spirit!


Congrats on your 1000th post.


Thanks! If I'd realized it, I wouldn't have blown it on self-pity.

That being said, looking at the google doc so kindly provided in the OP, I am the lowest GPA on the waitlist (non-URM, of course)!! What a bizarre honor.

sideoffries
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:17 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby sideoffries » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:46 pm

Was I the only one dinged today?

User avatar
LSATSCORES2012
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby LSATSCORES2012 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:53 pm

Dinged. Oh well, after submitting in September I don't think I could handle much more of this, anyway.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carlos_danger, ericb1228, JazzyMac, Mia93, PDX4343, Snowjon, ThorB and 13 guests