Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
chickpea
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby chickpea » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:29 pm

Et moi.

stacy
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:22 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby stacy » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:30 pm

djwjddl wrote:Anyone else still at UR? Feel like they're slowly, but surely making there way to everyone who's left.

For the record I received a response from Stanford today and I applied mid-November.

User avatar
LSATSCORES2012
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby LSATSCORES2012 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:36 pm

stacy wrote:
djwjddl wrote:Anyone else still at UR? Feel like they're slowly, but surely making there way to everyone who's left.

For the record I received a response from Stanford today and I applied mid-November.
Thanks for the info... but based on this (LinkRemoved) I really don't think there's any correlation with submit date.

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby digifly » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:06 pm

Stiiiiiiilll in line for the chopping block.

User avatar
Aawaldrop
Posts: 251
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby Aawaldrop » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:40 pm

digifly wrote:Stiiiiiiilll in line for the chopping block.

Yup
--ImageRemoved--

angflos
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 9:22 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby angflos » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:18 pm

There's a shitload of TLS'ers still left. Thought that was established already.

User avatar
Aawaldrop
Posts: 251
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby Aawaldrop » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:23 pm

angflos wrote:There's a shitload of TLS'ers still left. Thought that was established already.

Yup
Still sucks
Image

arrggg
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:39 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby arrggg » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:24 pm

DLS today. hooray for the end!

(haven't called yet)

User avatar
porch
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby porch » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:00 pm

I'm still holding on to hope I get accepted. My last two letters I dropped some bombs of why they should accept me.

User avatar
LSATSCORES2012
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby LSATSCORES2012 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:09 pm

porch wrote:I'm still holding on to hope I get accepted. My last two letters I dropped some bombs of why they should accept me.

stahp. no good can come of this

User avatar
Aawaldrop
Posts: 251
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby Aawaldrop » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:18 pm

porch wrote:I'm still holding on to hope I get accepted. My last two letters I dropped some bombs of why they should accept me.

Image

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2740
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby TripTrip » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:22 pm

porch wrote:I'm still holding on to hope I get accepted off the waitlist.

User avatar
tech_it
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:24 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby tech_it » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:23 am

…by the by, helix23 created a thread for all you waitlist-ers:


Enjoy, y'all :)


……and don't forget the editable google docs spreadsheet, created by MyNameIsFlynn!, intended for keeping track of all you waitlist-ers :arrow: http://is.gd/SLS_Class_of_2016_Waitlist :)

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby helix23 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:54 am

thanks tech_it

spreadsheet added to WL OP

User avatar
porch
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby porch » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:50 am

LSATSCORES2012 wrote:
porch wrote:I'm still holding on to hope I get accepted. My last two letters I dropped some bombs of why they should accept me.

stahp. no good can come of this


Just you wait and see

User avatar
porch
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby porch » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:51 am

But yeah I'm an idiot

BSC
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:11 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby BSC » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:19 am

porch wrote:But yeah I'm an idiot


I'm right there with you. It can't hurt to keep hope alive for 4 more days, right?

lawschoolboundfuture
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:07 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby lawschoolboundfuture » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:29 am

A decision letter has been sent......wait listed or rejected?

User avatar
RSterling
Posts: 358
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby RSterling » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:31 am

porch wrote:
LSATSCORES2012 wrote:
porch wrote:I'm still holding on to hope I get accepted. My last two letters I dropped some bombs of why they should accept me.

stahp. no good can come of this


Just you wait and see


Can't fault you for the hope, but the WL letter I got yesterday said in no uncertain terms that they were done admitting people for now and that they were focusing on sending out rejections and WLs.

User avatar
cwid1391
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:41 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby cwid1391 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:36 am

RSterling wrote:
porch wrote:
LSATSCORES2012 wrote:
porch wrote:I'm still holding on to hope I get accepted. My last two letters I dropped some bombs of why they should accept me.

stahp. no good can come of this


Just you wait and see


Can't fault you for the hope, but the WL letter I got yesterday said in no uncertain terms that they were done admitting people for now and that they were focusing on sending out rejections and WLs.


I don't get why they sing such different songs in the letter and to people calling in.

angflos
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 9:22 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby angflos » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:39 am

Easier to crush hopes in a letter than over the phone.

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2740
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby TripTrip » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:45 am

angflos wrote:Easier to crush hopes in a letter than over the phone.

Actually the letter is optimistic, too. You've just been informed that you're waitlisted, then you are told that no one else is getting in right now. You're happy no one else is getting in.

"Good" news both ways.

User avatar
cwid1391
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:41 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby cwid1391 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:50 am

TripTrip wrote:
angflos wrote:Easier to crush hopes in a letter than over the phone.

Actually the letter is optimistic, too. You've just been informed that you're waitlisted, then you are told that no one else is getting in right now. You're happy no one else is getting in.

"Good" news both ways.


All I'm saying is I'm still holding out for the April Madness idea.

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2740
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby TripTrip » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:02 pm

  1. Go to http://stanford.lawschoolnumbers.com/applicants/1112
  2. Sort by decision date
  3. See that there were no acceptances after April 12
  4. Do the same for every previous year
  5. See that Stanford never ever gives out initial admits after April 12
  6. Have dreams crushed

User avatar
porch
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby porch » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:06 pm

TripTrip wrote:
  1. Go to http://stanford.lawschoolnumbers.com/applicants/1112
  2. Sort by decision date
  3. See that there were no acceptances after April 12
  4. Do the same for every previous year
  5. See that Stanford never ever gives out initial admits after April 12
  6. Have dreams crushed



:| :cry:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin, l3g@l33s3 and 6 guests