Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
TripTrip

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby TripTrip » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:51 pm

zz888 wrote:Still sitting at your application is complete.....not sure if this is good or bad :shock:

That would depend on your definition of "good."

ManOfTheMinute

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:04 pm

TripTrip wrote:
zz888 wrote:Still sitting at your application is complete.....not sure if this is good or bad :shock:

That's deep bro

porch

Postby porch » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:12 pm

ManOfTheMinute wrote:
TripTrip wrote:

That's deep bro

She said that as well.

bernaldiaz

Postby bernaldiaz » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:12 pm

porch wrote:
ManOfTheMinute wrote:
TripTrip wrote:

That's deep bro

She said that as well.

http://instantostrich.com/

angflos

Postby angflos » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:15 pm

You're either going to be waitlisted (with a very low possibility of getting of the WL) or dinged. Does that answer your question?

feelingood

Postby feelingood » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:38 pm

The doomsday tone on this thread is getting more intense. Anyone else feelin shitty that they're probably not getting in at HY or S? I mean, I felt like I really had a shot w/ a 172/3.8 and some half decent softs---apparently not haha.

ManOfTheMinute

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:13 pm

feelingood wrote:The doomsday tone on this thread is getting more intense. Anyone else feelin shitty that they're probably not getting in at HY or S? I mean, I felt like I really had a shot w/ a 172/3.8 and some half decent softs---apparently not haha.

Retake! "half-decent softs" are probably well below average :(

Jaqen

Postby Jaqen » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:20 pm

My DLS yesterday was a WL as well.

zabava

Postby zabava » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:15 pm

WL!

For those who are interested, I asked the girl about staying on the waitlist:
She said that campus visit will not make much of an impact at all when they review since they don't keep track of visits and make decisions based on things that are written down

She advised sending in more LOCIs & LORs, but mentioned that they need to be submitted ASAP (LORs thru LSAC) since they will start reviewing the WLs in a couple of weeks.

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:38 pm

This seems like a huge WL.

stacy

Postby stacy » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:48 pm

jbagelboy wrote:This seems like a huge WL.

How many people are on a typical WL at Stanford, and how many get in? Also if I received the letter saying I am on the WL, if I just don't reply will they still consider my application? (I am probably going to another school, but still curious if I will get into Stanford. I'd rather not reply I'm interested, because that is not totally true, on the other hand if I just do nothing I'd like to see what happens.)

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:50 pm

stacy wrote:

How many people are on a typical WL at Stanford, and how many get in? Also if I received the letter saying I am on the WL, if I just don't reply will they still consider my application? (I am probably going to another school, but still curious if I will get into Stanford. I'd rather not reply I'm interested, because that is not totally true, on the other hand if I just do nothing I'd like to see what happens.)

If you are WL'd, they will include a sheet where you indicate whether you want to remain on the WL, give some other information, and mail it back to them. So yea -- if you aren't interested, please don't opt to stay on the WL for curiosity! Some of us really really do want to get in.

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:56 pm

stacy wrote:I am probably going to another school, but still curious if I will get into Stanford. I'd rather not reply I'm interested, because that is not totally true, on the other hand if I just do nothing I'd like to see what happens.

You are the worst kind of person.

stacy

Postby stacy » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:57 pm

jbagelboy wrote:
stacy wrote:

If you are WL'd, they will include a sheet where you indicate whether you want to remain on the WL, give some other information, and mail it back to them. So yea -- if you aren't interested, please don't opt to stay on the WL for curiosity! Some of us really really do want to get in.

OK Thanks! Any idea how many people are WL'd a year, and what percentage of that number are admitted?

It makes a difference if I knew what odds I am up against.

TripTrip wrote:
stacy wrote:I am probably going to another school, but still curious if I will get into Stanford. I'd rather not reply I'm interested, because that is not totally true, on the other hand if I just do nothing I'd like to see what happens.

Why thank you. You are too kind.

Like I said if I thought I had any chance then I would consider it more. I wish I knew percentages to help me decide.

Azariel

Postby Azariel » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:01 pm

Forgot to check in yesterday (had a lot of BS issues blow up in my face so had to deal with that) but DLS. I'd put money on WL given what I've been seeing, but I haven't called yet. Think I'm going to just wait for the letter since I'm in CA and my phone's been on the fritz anyway.

Skunky Bumps

Postby Skunky Bumps » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:13 pm

Any consensus on whether the recent DLS wave was all WL's? Applied reeeallly late, so I'm hoping to sneak in with my 172/3.8. Still sitting in "under review" purgatory. Just want a decision so I can move on with my life at this point.

sinfiery

Postby sinfiery » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:21 pm

WL size based on LSN is generally equal to the size of admits which would be equal to or less than ~379 applicants WL but not everyone rides the WL.

From one of those blog posts, one year roughly 220 people attended ASW.

So I guess they generally pull 379 - (220 / (1-% of people not attending ASW))

Could be zero, could be 160, though LSN indicates ~10 people get pulled with 1-2 from LSN.

wert3813

Postby wert3813 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:30 pm

wert3813 wrote:
jselson wrote:DLS, folks.

Called this morning. Waitlisted. Withdrew this afternoon.

HLS.

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:34 pm

stacy wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:
stacy wrote:

OK Thanks! Any idea how many people are WL'd a year, and what percentage of that number are admitted?

It makes a difference if I knew what odds I am up against.

TripTrip wrote:

Why thank you. You are too kind.

Like I said if I thought I had any chance then I would consider it more. I wish I knew percentages to help me decide.

there's a very small chance you would get off, and you would have to indicate substantial interest through additional LOR's/LOCI's. The percentage should fluctuate between 0.5% and 6% based on rough estimates.

edit: if you do not reply, they will consider your application withdrawn, which is what you should do anyway when you are no longer interested in a school.

feelingood

Postby feelingood » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:37 pm

DLS within the last hour, line busy @ SLS

Edit: WL, gona be a long summer
Last edited by feelingood on Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:39 pm

Skunky Bumps wrote:Any consensus on whether the recent DLS wave was all WL's? Applied reeeallly late, so I'm hoping to sneak in with my 172/3.8. Still sitting in "under review" purgatory. Just want a decision so I can move on with my life at this point.

WL's or ding. seems like a massive WL this time around though.

sinfiery

Postby sinfiery » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:46 pm

jbagelboy wrote:
there's a very small chance you would get off, and you would have to indicate substantial interest through additional LOR's/LOCI's. The percentage should fluctuate between 0.5% and 6% based on rough estimates.

edit: if you do not reply, they will consider your application withdrawn, which is what you should do anyway when you are no longer interested in a school.

Yep. There are so many moving parts it really is impossible to put a number on it but that range seems about right.

wert3813 wrote:
Called this morning. Waitlisted. Withdrew this afternoon.

HLS.

Gratz, enjoy HLS!

ajclark1992

Postby ajclark1992 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:53 pm

Waitlist. DLS'd and then called today.

djwjddl

Postby djwjddl » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:24 pm

Anyone else still at UR? Feel like they're slowly, but surely making there way to everyone who's left.

LSATSCORES2012

Postby LSATSCORES2012 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:25 pm

djwjddl wrote:Anyone else still at UR? Feel like they're slowly, but surely making there way to everyone who's left.

moi

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”