Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
RSterling
Posts: 358
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby RSterling » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:08 pm

I'm disappointed that no one has fueled the speculation fire for today yet.

curious66
Posts: 381
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby curious66 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:10 pm

RSterling wrote:I'm disappointed that no one has fueled the speculation fire for today yet.


well they have an admitted student website / link for JD admits. Maybe that was always there.. can't remember now.
New thought is that all LSN posters are in the auto reject pile (new admissions criteria).

User avatar
trojandave
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby trojandave » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:14 pm

RSterling wrote:I'm disappointed that no one has fueled the speculation fire for today yet.


"Today's the big day, everyone hold on to your hats!"

(Seemed to work for our friend over at Columbia...)

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby helix23 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:18 pm

RSterling wrote:I'm disappointed that no one has fueled the speculation fire for today yet.


I heard someone say that today could be the day


User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby twinkletoes16 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:20 pm




damn


i know i have zero chance but i'm interested to see what will happen with this anyway

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby helix23 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:21 pm


User avatar
sinfiery
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby sinfiery » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:22 pm


~21 on LSN accepted before/on first week in January, ~23 on LSN accepted after first week in January

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby helix23 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:24 pm

sinfiery wrote:

~21 on LSN accepted before/on first week in January, ~23 on LSN accepted after first week in January


so how does that equal 190? am I being dense?

User avatar
RSterling
Posts: 358
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby RSterling » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:25 pm



If I had to make a serious prediction, this would be it. At least the part about calls going wed-friday. I just wish they would post a blog saying "hey, sorry we've been off the grid, but here's what you can expect. Now you can stop wasting half your workday checking TLS."

User avatar
sinfiery
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby sinfiery » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:29 pm

helix23 wrote:
sinfiery wrote:

~21 on LSN accepted before/on first week in January, ~23 on LSN accepted after first week in January


so how does that equal 190? am I being dense?

They accept roughly 380 applicants a year. If LSN is proportional, half would be before/on the first week of January. Half of 380 is 190. The big IF is if LSN is proportional and if there is going to be any resemblance to the time-line of last year.\


Edit: I don't really think 180 acceptances are going out in 3 days but HUGE movement is definitely on its way.
Last edited by sinfiery on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby helix23 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:39 pm

sinfiery wrote:They accept roughly 380 applicants a year. If LSN is proportional, half would be before/on the first week of January. Half of 380 is 190. The big IF is if LSN is proportional and if there is going to be any resemblance to the time-line of last year.


I see. that's a lot of phone calls in three days.

User avatar
sinfiery
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby sinfiery » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:40 pm

helix23 wrote:
sinfiery wrote:They accept roughly 380 applicants a year. If LSN is proportional, half would be before/on the first week of January. Half of 380 is 190. The big IF is if LSN is proportional and if there is going to be any resemblance to the time-line of last year.


I see. that's a lot of phone calls in three days.

You just beat my edit!

Yeah, it was more joking that it would all happen in a few days but at the very least, I do expect a large amount of movement within the next few days even if it falls short of 180.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby helix23 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:46 pm

sinfiery wrote:
helix23 wrote:
sinfiery wrote:They accept roughly 380 applicants a year. If LSN is proportional, half would be before/on the first week of January. Half of 380 is 190. The big IF is if LSN is proportional and if there is going to be any resemblance to the time-line of last year.


I see. that's a lot of phone calls in three days.

You just beat my edit!

Yeah, it was more joking that it would all happen in a few days but at the very least, I do expect a large amount of movement within the next few days even if it falls short of 180.


status changes to DLS before the call right?

User avatar
sinfiery
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby sinfiery » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:47 pm

helix23 wrote:status changes to DLS before the call right?

not sure

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby helix23 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:47 pm

sinfiery wrote:
helix23 wrote:status changes to DLS before the call right?

not sure


FIGURE IT OUT JS1 BOY

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby twinkletoes16 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:47 pm

helix23 wrote:
sinfiery wrote:
helix23 wrote:
sinfiery wrote:They accept roughly 380 applicants a year. If LSN is proportional, half would be before/on the first week of January. Half of 380 is 190. The big IF is if LSN is proportional and if there is going to be any resemblance to the time-line of last year.


I see. that's a lot of phone calls in three days.

You just beat my edit!

Yeah, it was more joking that it would all happen in a few days but at the very least, I do expect a large amount of movement within the next few days even if it falls short of 180.


status changes to DLS before the call right?


According to c/o 2015 yes

Edit: no I'm wrong. Apparently DLS is reserved for waitlist or deny. But I'm going back now and reading c/o 2015 thread now so ill triple-check. Looks like Admits get a Deal call first
Last edited by twinkletoes16 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sinfiery
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby sinfiery » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:50 pm

helix23 wrote:
sinfiery wrote:
helix23 wrote:status changes to DLS before the call right?

not sure


FIGURE IT OUT JS1 BOY

:lol: :lol:

I'm out of neuroticism for the year :(

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby helix23 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:51 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:
helix23 wrote:status changes to DLS before the call right?


According to c/o 2015 yes


thx tt

but it changes to that when you've been admitted or denied. right?

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby twinkletoes16 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:08 pm

Based on last year's thread, people just get the phone call (or an email, for some in the first wave of acceptances...) and the DLS status doesn't change until after.



Also it seems really unfair that people heard back from Stanford so early last year. wtf? still bitter.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby helix23 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:12 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:Based on last year's thread, people just get the phone call (or an email, for some in the first wave of acceptances...) and the DLS status doesn't change until after.



Also it seems really unfair that people heard back from Stanford so early last year. wtf? still bitter.


+1

User avatar
Teflon_Don
Posts: 474
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:04 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby Teflon_Don » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:20 pm

Is Stanford still alive?

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby twinkletoes16 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:22 pm

Is anyone else waiting for the exeter guy from the harvard thread to come over here and tell us all he got in at stanford, too?

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby helix23 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:27 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:Is anyone else waiting for the exeter guy from the harvard thread to come over here and tell us all he got in at stanford, too?


you're just jealous

User avatar
Jaqen
Posts: 947
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:23 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby Jaqen » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:31 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:Is anyone else waiting for the exeter guy from the harvard thread to come over here and tell us all he got in at stanford, too?


Well now I am.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, AJ1010, Nobiggie, okf731, Photomike2, potterotter, root_beer and 17 guests