Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
statslaw

New

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Post by statslaw » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:31 pm

Anonymous4444 wrote:I don't know ccopy's avatar implies she is out of his league...
Nobody is out of Ron Swanson's league...

Anonymous4444

Silver

Post by Anonymous4444 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:33 pm

statslaw wrote:
Anonymous4444 wrote:I don't know ccopy's avatar implies she is out of his league...
Nobody is out of Ron Swanson's league...

8) :)

wert3813

Silver

Post by wert3813 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:35 pm

scoutmaster wrote:
wert3813 wrote:
scoutmaster wrote:....checking in.....ugh

I told myself I would never sign up for TLS but I caved after I realized nobody else in the world gives two poos about or understands the torture I am being forced to endure besides you lovely people.

--hopefully only a few more days?/weeks?/hours? with this app outstanding. Let the neuroticism commence...
Why did you tell yourself this?

Looks at what we did to Laxgirl who has now deleted all her posts
well unlike Laxgirl I not only got into YLS and HLS but they actually accepted me before I even took the LSAT. Once I got a 181 on the LSAT...I decided it was best to try for the ever enigmatic Stanford...

I ACTUALLY didn't want to sign up because I thought it would be a distraction from my work and somehow I had this brilliant idea that not signing up would be the mature decision. UNFORTUNATELY I was still stalking TLS pretty much all year. I feel like I know all of you now.

I mean... I am even willing to make the prediction that if MOTM and carboncopy go to the same school they are DEF going to hookup. :!:
LOL...Bro with two posts just said this. GOLD.

On another note I would like to publically state that Laxgirl got an awful deal here today. While I like ITTG in general, his response was unnecessary (and he apologized).

Laxgirl, people are uptight, stressed, ready for it to be over, and slowly realizing the golden HYS ticket is sailing by. Just a bad time. If you don't want to be around here I'd understand but think about giving TLS a second try.

BabyJT

New

Post by BabyJT » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:37 pm

Last edited by BabyJT on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dnptan

Bronze

Post by dnptan » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:38 pm

wert3813 wrote:

On another note I would like to publically state that Laxgirl got an awful deal here today. While I like ITTG in general, his response was unnecessary (and he apologized).

Laxgirl, people are uptight, stressed, ready for it to be over, and slowly realizing the golden HYS ticket is sailing by. Just a bad time. If you don't want to be around here I'd understand but think about giving TLS a second try.
The wisdom of the internetz right here

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

amonthofsundays

Bronze

Post by amonthofsundays » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:40 pm

Never underestimate the power of dat stache.

ssanonymous

Silver

Post by ssanonymous » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:40 pm

scoutmaster wrote: I mean... I am even willing to make the prediction that if MOTM and carboncopy go to the same school they are DEF going to hookup. :!:
greatest thing I've read on this thread. It's so true.

iteachtenthgrade

Bronze

Post by iteachtenthgrade » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:41 pm

wert3813 wrote:
scoutmaster wrote:
wert3813 wrote:
scoutmaster wrote:....checking in.....ugh

I told myself I would never sign up for TLS but I caved after I realized nobody else in the world gives two poos about or understands the torture I am being forced to endure besides you lovely people.

--hopefully only a few more days?/weeks?/hours? with this app outstanding. Let the neuroticism commence...
Why did you tell yourself this?

Looks at what we did to Laxgirl who has now deleted all her posts
well unlike Laxgirl I not only got into YLS and HLS but they actually accepted me before I even took the LSAT. Once I got a 181 on the LSAT...I decided it was best to try for the ever enigmatic Stanford...

I ACTUALLY didn't want to sign up because I thought it would be a distraction from my work and somehow I had this brilliant idea that not signing up would be the mature decision. UNFORTUNATELY I was still stalking TLS pretty much all year. I feel like I know all of you now.

I mean... I am even willing to make the prediction that if MOTM and carboncopy go to the same school they are DEF going to hookup. :!:

I'm a GIRLLLL and again, I'm sorry - if it makes you feel better, I puked at school. While teaching. So that probably accounts for my quickness to anger today.

wert3813

Silver

Post by wert3813 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:43 pm

iteachtenthgrade wrote:
I'm a GIRLLLL and again, I'm sorry - if it makes you feel better, I puked at school. While teaching. So that probably accounts for my quickness to anger today.
See the irony here is I taught tenth grade last year. So I assure you I'm not judging.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

iteachtenthgrade

Bronze

Post by iteachtenthgrade » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:45 pm

wert3813 wrote:
iteachtenthgrade wrote:
See the irony here is I taught tenth grade last year. So I assure you I'm not judging.
Thanks, wert. Problem is I work a second job I can't really get out of so not only will I be a puking teacher today, but I'll also be a puking bartender. Nothing like the smell of stale beer to settle your stomach. laxgirl - I deserve it. Karma! Sorrz.

amonthofsundays

Bronze

Post by amonthofsundays » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:47 pm

iteachtenthgrade wrote:
wert3813 wrote:
iteachtenthgrade wrote:
Thanks, wert. Problem is I work a second job I can't really get out of so not only will I be a puking teacher today, but I'll also be a puking bartender. Nothing like the smell of stale beer to settle your stomach. laxgirl - I deserve it. Karma! Sorrz.
Damn. School teacher by day, bartender by night. Talk about hustling.

wert3813

Silver

Post by wert3813 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:47 pm

iteachtenthgrade wrote:
wert3813 wrote:
iteachtenthgrade wrote:
But seriously take a freaking sick day. You aren't out (I hope), there year is almost over, and you ain't saving'em for next year.

amonthofsundays

Bronze

Post by amonthofsundays » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:49 pm

iteachtenthgrade wrote:
wert3813 wrote:
iteachtenthgrade wrote:
Follow up question. Would you say the average maturity level of both your clientele is roughly equivalent?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

eph

Bronze

Post by eph » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:51 pm

You honestly think there is a long time lurker who got into HYS with HS a while ago and only thought it was post worthy when Yale came in. I have a bridge I would like to sell in NYC and some land in south central Florida.

scoutmaster

New

Post by scoutmaster » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:53 pm

amonthofsundays wrote:Never underestimate the power of dat stache.
I wrote my 250 to Yale on the allure of the mustache (no joke).

It didn't work out for me. Definitely overestimated.

ssanonymous

Silver

Post by ssanonymous » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:54 pm

eph wrote:

You honestly think there is a long time lurker who got into HYS with HS a while ago and only thought it was post worthy when Yale came in. I have a bridge I would like to sell in NYC and some land in south central Florida.
I think that makes sense. Yale is #1, and Dean Rangappa reads TLS regularly. She was probably just paranoid. She got into HYS, so she wins. TLS loses.

scoutmaster

New

Post by scoutmaster » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:55 pm

eph wrote:

.....guys. maybe laxgirl is Faye

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

amonthofsundays

Bronze

Post by amonthofsundays » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:56 pm

scoutmaster wrote:
amonthofsundays wrote:Never underestimate the power of dat stache.
I wrote my 250 to Yale on the allure of the mustache (no joke).

It didn't work out for me. Definitely overestimated.
I'm gunna say myth not debunked until someone shows up to Asha's office with an industrial grade soup strainer and is unsuccessful in his attempt to charm his way into an admission.

iteachtenthgrade

Bronze

Post by iteachtenthgrade » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:59 pm

amonthofsundays wrote:
iteachtenthgrade wrote:
wert3813 wrote:
iteachtenthgrade wrote:
Follow up question. Would you say the average maturity level of both your clientele is roughly equivalent?
Sadly, many of the down-and-out drunks at the bar are far more upbeat and pleasant than my students.

wert3813

Silver

Post by wert3813 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:02 pm

eph wrote:

What? Yes. I think she decided not to post until her cycle was over, it was over, she posted in all the threads in which she was admitted because she thought she would be helping. Didn't post dates or stats (a common mistake for people) corrected it after she got chastised, before getting really chastised and deleting everything.

I mean she is either the most boring, pointless, lame troll (not even really a troll, just an fraud) ever. Who quickly abandoned her act after being called out or she is a logical person who acted shyly around a place that I imagine can be pretty intimidating.

I've PM'ed her and I feel comfortable saying there is nothing that suggests a troll, and BTW quite a few people in the past few weeks have had their first post being getting into HYS, but if you are really unsure ask a mod to check her for alting...

dnptan

Bronze

Post by dnptan » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:11 pm

wert3813 wrote: I mean she is either the most boring, pointless, lame troll (not even really a troll, just an fraud) ever. Who quickly abandoned her act after being called out or she is a logical person who acted shyly around a place that I imagine can be pretty intimidating.
Have to say, kind of surprised that there are shy people here - nothing spells lawyer like misguided overconfidence.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

helix23

Gold

Post by helix23 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:12 pm

dnptan wrote:
wert3813 wrote: I mean she is either the most boring, pointless, lame troll (not even really a troll, just an fraud) ever. Who quickly abandoned her act after being called out or she is a logical person who acted shyly around a place that I imagine can be pretty intimidating.
Have to say, kind of surprised that there are shy people here - nothing spells lawyer like misguided overconfidence.
I disagree. My confidence is guided correctly.

arrggg

Bronze

Post by arrggg » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:20 pm

Saw the page count; thought there was movement... Damn

anthony1027

New

Post by anthony1027 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:21 pm

Is it really that bad to post stats?

dnptan

Bronze

Post by dnptan » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:32 pm

anthony1027 wrote:Is it really that bad to post stats?
I don't see why. Probably just personal preference.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”