Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
yodamiked

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby yodamiked » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:40 pm

Just to clarify, is DLS on status checker always a rejection? And if so, will I get an email or do they actually make you wait to get your rejection letter in the mail?

helix23

Postby helix23 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:56 pm

yodamiked wrote:Just to clarify, is DLS on status checker always a rejection? And if so, will I get an email or do they actually make you wait to get your rejection letter in the mail?

DLS is always a rejection and they actually make you wait to get a rejection in the mail.

Allegedly.

yodamiked

Postby yodamiked » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:12 pm

helix23 wrote:
yodamiked wrote:Just to clarify, is DLS on status checker always a rejection? And if so, will I get an email or do they actually make you wait to get your rejection letter in the mail?

DLS is always a rejection and they actually make you wait to get a rejection in the mail.

Allegedly.

Well shoot! :?

LSATSCORES2012

Postby LSATSCORES2012 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:51 pm

porch wrote:
LSATSCORES2012 wrote:
ohpobrecito wrote:I picked my tar because he's sexy and I like seeing him every time I post.

I appreciate it: I also like your posts for this reason :D

I like your posts even though you're tarless? :wink:

Just for you. Hope you like it :D

katch

Postby katch » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:43 am

LSATSCORES2012 wrote:
porch wrote:
LSATSCORES2012 wrote:
ohpobrecito wrote:I picked my tar because he's sexy and I like seeing him every time I post.

.... I want to know what you searched on google

smdpnp

Postby smdpnp » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:26 am

Nope.
Last edited by smdpnp on Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andreskicdo

Postby andreskicdo » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:36 am

ugh still no DLS. Stanford needs to make up its mind already.

FlowBro

Postby FlowBro » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:39 am

DLS this morning...can't say it was a fun ride to this point but a ride nonetheless. Good luck to all you remaining applicants out there!

porch

Postby porch » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:44 am

LSATSCORES2012 wrote:
porch wrote:
LSATSCORES2012 wrote:

I like the dog?

NavyOfficer23

Postby NavyOfficer23 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:46 am

andreskicdo wrote:ugh still no DLS. Stanford needs to make up its mind already.

For everybody's info, I've called the admissions office twice in the last 5 weeks, and while I spoke with different people, their responses were very similar:

"Descisions are being made on a daily basis, they hope to have all decisions made by the end of April."

No help.

FlowBro

Postby FlowBro » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:47 am

NavyOfficer23 wrote:
andreskicdo wrote:ugh still no DLS. Stanford needs to make up its mind already.

For everybody's info, I've called the admissions office twice in the last 5 weeks, and while I spoke with different people, their responses were very similar:

"Descisions are being made on a daily basis, they hope to have all decisions made by the end of April."

No help.

They definitely are making decisions, I can attest to that

ssanonymous

Postby ssanonymous » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:51 am

Ummmmmm soooooo my emails have always been lowercase but today my emails changed to one being uppercase and one lowercase........ Ahhhh

Also, they changed my emails. Before I had two different ones but now I have the same one for both the primary and 2nd. What should I be thinking right now?

vzapana

Postby vzapana » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:57 am

ssanonymous wrote:Ummmmmm soooooo my emails have always been lowercase but today my emails changed to one being uppercase and one lowercase........ Ahhhh

Also, they changed my emails. Before I had two different ones but now I have the same one for both the primary and 2nd. What should I be thinking right now?

congrats?

ssanonymous

Postby ssanonymous » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:57 am

vzapana wrote:
ssanonymous wrote:Ummmmmm soooooo my emails have always been lowercase but today my emails changed to one being uppercase and one lowercase........ Ahhhh

congrats?

idk. Which email should be lowercase? Maybe it means a waitlist or something.

RSterling

Postby RSterling » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:02 pm

This happened to me months ago. I'm still waiting.

ssanonymous

Postby ssanonymous » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:05 pm

RSterling wrote:

aw boo :(
Last edited by ssanonymous on Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RSterling

Postby RSterling » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 pm

ssanonymous wrote:
RSterling wrote:

Yeah...sorry to burst your hopes like that. My e-mails have since gone to all uppercase and nothing has happened (this happened about a month ago). Now I'm just neurotically checking to see if they change to lower case.

I hate that this thread has made me about 1000x more neurotic than I am IRL.

ssanonymous

Postby ssanonymous » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:09 pm

RSterling wrote:
ssanonymous wrote:
RSterling wrote:

Yeah...sorry to burst your hopes like that. My e-mails have since gone to all uppercase and nothing has happened (this happened about a month ago). Now I'm just neurotically checking to see if they change to lower case.

I hate that this thread has made me about 1000x more neurotic than I am IRL.

I wonder why they decided to change it now all of a sudden. For future reference, is it the primary email that changes, right? Well now I can check the status checker like everyone else. Before I had two lowercase emails, so life was rough.

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:24 pm

ssanonymous wrote:Before I had two lowercase emails, so life was rough.

Zeroth-worldproblems.

katch

Postby katch » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:25 pm

TripTrip wrote:
txdude45 wrote:You should definitely get it changed. They admit people via phone call, so you'd miss it it you don't. You'll still get the followup email, but the phone call seems like the most fun part. Since it's really just another application update, I'd email the office.

If you miss the phone call, you don't get in. They call the next number on the list and admit them.

carboncopyx wrote:
helix23 wrote:Looking at LSN, it looks like last year the big spike of admits in early to mid april were URMs or non-traditional apps (with colossal stats). After that WLs and Rejects galore.

Yeahhhhh, I'm gonna ready up my Ding Bar post now...

Are you just saying that because every time you've been pessimistic about getting into a school, you've gotten in?

Hold up. If you miss the phone call, you don't get in? Well now I'm just going to stare at my phone for the rest of the month. I'm supposed to fly to LA and back and then SF and back this month. You think I'm going to be able to turn my phone off!?

Anonymous4444

Postby Anonymous4444 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:27 pm

katch wrote:
TripTrip wrote:
txdude45 wrote:You should definitely get it changed. They admit people via phone call, so you'd miss it it you don't. You'll still get the followup email, but the phone call seems like the most fun part. Since it's really just another application update, I'd email the office.

If you miss the phone call, you don't get in. They call the next number on the list and admit them.

carboncopyx wrote:
helix23 wrote:Looking at LSN, it looks like last year the big spike of admits in early to mid april were URMs or non-traditional apps (with colossal stats). After that WLs and Rejects galore.

Are you just saying that because every time you've been pessimistic about getting into a school, you've gotten in?

You sir are a master troll
Hold up. If you miss the phone call, you don't get in? Well now I'm just going to stare at my phone for the rest of the month. I'm supposed to fly to LA and back and then SF and back this month. You think I'm going to be able to turn my phone off!?

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:27 pm

katch wrote:
TripTrip wrote:

carboncopyx wrote:

You should consider leaving your phone with someone who can imitate your voice while you are on the plane, or getting a sat phone.

katch

Postby katch » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:32 pm

Anonymous4444 wrote:
You sir are a master troll

Whew. I can sleep at night again

ssanonymous

Postby ssanonymous » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:42 pm

My fall semester grades got updated on LSAC which probably explains the SLS change. Anyway, I'm mentally checking out now. Unless I get into SLS, I'm retaking the LSAT and doing this all over again next year. Yay!

anthony1027

Postby anthony1027 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:00 pm

Just found this site while neurotically looking for answers to the silence that is Stanford. Guess im not the only one going crazy. But does anyone know if there is a particular time they update the status checker? I feel like an addict needing to get my fix checking it every 20 minutes or so.
Last edited by anthony1027 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”