Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
sinfiery
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby sinfiery » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:23 pm

ssanonymous wrote:Soooo no lowercase emails reported = no good news tomorrow. :(

Lowercase email is in itself good news

:)

one_by_one
Posts: 277
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:10 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby one_by_one » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:25 pm

.
Last edited by one_by_one on Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby 04102014 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:13 pm

Sigh

User avatar
sinfiery
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby sinfiery » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:19 pm

Last school I'm waiting on ofc has to be my far and away #1..sigh. gonna be a painful rejection

User avatar
uconjak
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:20 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby uconjak » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:20 pm

chickpea wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:
chickpea wrote:Thanks guys. I wish you the best of luck with the rest of your cycles as well. I'm 99.9% sure I'll be at NYU next fall and am really excited about it. I haven't been on TLS much these past couple of months. You wouldn't believe how much better I feel about attending NYU after having spent that period of time among normal folk (as opposed to TLS superhumans).


yes -- this is something to always keep in mind. nearly all the schools we discuss are actually very prestigious, elite institutions to be proud of and happy to go to. TLS debt-mongering nearly caused me to second guess attending at all last week until I talked with some family and alumns over the weekend who straightened me out


I went through the exact same process. TLS can be supportive but it can also make you feel irrationally terrible about yourself.


Good luck to both of you, maybe we will hear by May 1st? I hope quicker than that the stress was getting me down. So I decided that I am going to withdraw from everywhere but my two dream schools and if it happens, OK its karma. if not, I had a good ride!

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby 04102014 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:22 pm

sinfiery wrote:Last school I'm waiting on ofc has to be my far and away #1..sigh. gonna be a painful rejection


Same, although I'm also still waiting on H. But I would take S in a heartbeat.

swordking90
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby swordking90 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:24 pm

uconjak wrote:
Good luck to both of you, maybe we will hear by May 1st? I hope quicker than that the stress was getting me down. So I decided that I am going to withdraw from everywhere but my two dream schools and if it happens, OK its karma. if not, I had a good ride!


So you withdrew from everywhere except for Columbia and Stanford?

User avatar
HankBashir
Posts: 536
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:01 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby HankBashir » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:26 pm

I'd give up my first born child to get into SLS.

The child would probably be better of in Stanford's hands anyway.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby helix23 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:27 pm

Looking at LSN, it looks like last year the big spike of admits in early to mid april were URMs or non-traditional apps (with colossal stats). After that WLs and Rejects galore.

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby 04102014 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:35 pm

helix23 wrote:Looking at LSN, it looks like last year the big spike of admits in early to mid april were URMs or non-traditional apps (with colossal stats). After that WLs and Rejects galore.


Take your realism elsewhere.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby helix23 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:39 pm

ohpobrecito wrote:
helix23 wrote:Looking at LSN, it looks like last year the big spike of admits in early to mid april were URMs or non-traditional apps (with colossal stats). After that WLs and Rejects galore.


Take your realism elsewhere.


You found my weakness! It's small knives!

pn40
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:17 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby pn40 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:44 pm

Hi guys, a random question:

I've changed my phone number since submitting my app. The status checker shows my old phone number and there doesn't seem to be a way for me to change my contact details.

Should I bother getting this changed? If yes, how would you do it? (I assume email the admissions office, but would there be a quicker way?)

User avatar
sinfiery
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby sinfiery » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:49 pm

helix23 wrote:Looking at LSN, it looks like last year the big spike of admits in early to mid april were URMs or non-traditional apps (with colossal stats). After that WLs and Rejects galore.

Gonna pretend I didn't read this

User avatar
txdude45
Posts: 912
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby txdude45 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:51 pm

pn40 wrote:Hi guys, a random question:

I've changed my phone number since submitting my app. The status checker shows my old phone number and there doesn't seem to be a way for me to change my contact details.

Should I bother getting this changed? If yes, how would you do it? (I assume email the admissions office, but would there be a quicker way?)


You should definitely get it changed. They admit people via phone call, so you'd miss it it you don't. You'll still get the followup email, but the phone call seems like the most fun part. Since it's really just another application update, I'd email the office.

User avatar
carboncopyx
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby carboncopyx » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:26 pm

helix23 wrote:Looking at LSN, it looks like last year the big spike of admits in early to mid april were URMs or non-traditional apps (with colossal stats). After that WLs and Rejects galore.

Yeahhhhh, I'm gonna ready up my Ding Bar post now...

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2737
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby TripTrip » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:29 pm

txdude45 wrote:You should definitely get it changed. They admit people via phone call, so you'd miss it it you don't. You'll still get the followup email, but the phone call seems like the most fun part. Since it's really just another application update, I'd email the office.

If you miss the phone call, you don't get in. They call the next number on the list and admit them.

carboncopyx wrote:
helix23 wrote:Looking at LSN, it looks like last year the big spike of admits in early to mid april were URMs or non-traditional apps (with colossal stats). After that WLs and Rejects galore.

Yeahhhhh, I'm gonna ready up my Ding Bar post now...

Are you just saying that because every time you've been pessimistic about getting into a school, you've gotten in?

amonthofsundays
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:36 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby amonthofsundays » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:40 pm

I'll be in here the rest of April to do some cheerleading. Anyone want to retain me as their representative? FWIW I was in at S after a good 2/3 weeks of no admits so maybe I can defibrillate the admissions process on someone else's behalf this time.

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:41 pm

carboncopyx wrote:
helix23 wrote:Looking at LSN, it looks like last year the big spike of admits in early to mid april were URMs or non-traditional apps (with colossal stats). After that WLs and Rejects galore.

Yeahhhhh, I'm gonna ready up my Ding Bar post now...


Yeah it's not like you have had any practice in the area!

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby 04102014 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:43 pm

amonthofsundays wrote:I'll be in here the rest of April to do some cheerleading. Anyone want to retain me as their representative? FWIW I was in at S after a good 2/3 weeks of no admits so maybe I can defibrillate the admissions process on someone else's behalf this time.


Me please. I need all of the help I can get.

User avatar
ssanonymous
Posts: 513
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby ssanonymous » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:51 pm

hmmm, of the 7 accepted between early April and April 15th, 2 were traditional applicants, 3 were URMs, and 2 were non-traditional. Seems like a healthy mix of applicants.

User avatar
sinfiery
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby sinfiery » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:58 pm

The URM wave was in April last year but this year it was In early March. So the question is does the wave go away/become smaller or is it supplemented by other types of applicants?

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby helix23 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:58 pm

ssanonymous wrote:hmmm, of the 7 accepted between early April and April 15th, 2 were traditional applicants, 3 were URMs, and 2 were non-traditional. Seems like a healthy mix of applicants.


Between 4/1 and 4/15 I see 9 acceptances. 5 URMs, 2 non-traditionals and 2 traditional.

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9635
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby jbagelboy » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:59 pm

helix23 wrote:
ssanonymous wrote:hmmm, of the 7 accepted between early April and April 15th, 2 were traditional applicants, 3 were URMs, and 2 were non-traditional. Seems like a healthy mix of applicants.


Between 4/1 and 4/15 I see 9 acceptances. 5 URMs, 2 non-traditionals and 2 traditional.


remember there were also probably another 30 that didn't use this website and there's no reason to believe they would follow a trend with a sample size of 9

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby helix23 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:01 pm

jbagelboy wrote:
helix23 wrote:
ssanonymous wrote:hmmm, of the 7 accepted between early April and April 15th, 2 were traditional applicants, 3 were URMs, and 2 were non-traditional. Seems like a healthy mix of applicants.


Between 4/1 and 4/15 I see 9 acceptances. 5 URMs, 2 non-traditionals and 2 traditional.


remember there were also probably another 30 that didn't use this website and there's no reason to believe they would follow a trend with a sample size of 9


don't taze me, bro

User avatar
sinfiery
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby sinfiery » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:02 pm

Last year there were zero URM acceptances in march or close to it.

I doubt there will be any more mainly URM waves, but now I am also not sure how big of a wave is coming.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: hogscienceavatarlost, Long shot hero, MSNbot Media, potterotter and 22 guests