Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
helix23

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby helix23 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:31 pm

Gonna be real and say that I've been planning my ding bar post for the past couple months.

GoldenGriffin

Postby GoldenGriffin » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:47 pm

When is ASW?

carboncopyx

Postby carboncopyx » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:53 pm

GoldenGriffin wrote:When is ASW?

The weekend of April 13, I believe... which is kind of a problem if the next two weeks are the prime windows of acceptances. How do they expect people to go to ASW if they're only letting people know less than two weeks in advance?? Sigh.

GoldenGriffin

Postby GoldenGriffin » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:59 pm

carboncopyx wrote:
GoldenGriffin wrote:When is ASW?

The weekend of April 13, I believe... which is kind of a problem if the next two weeks are the prime windows of acceptances. How do they expect people to go to ASW if they're only letting people know less than two weeks in advance?? Sigh.

I don't know, it's easy to become frustrated, but at the same time it's evident they're working hard to get the best class that they can. I'd rather this than a school that just blanket admits based on GPA and LSAT - it really seems to be the holistic approach.

swordking90

Postby swordking90 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:15 pm

helix23 wrote:Gonna be real and say that I've been planning my ding bar post for the past couple months.

Same here. BTW your LSN profile says that Penn gave you "$1" for scholarship? Maybe a correction is needed?

carboncopyx

Postby carboncopyx » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:30 pm

GoldenGriffin wrote:I don't know, it's easy to become frustrated, but at the same time it's evident they're working hard to get the best class that they can. I'd rather this than a school that just blanket admits based on GPA and LSAT - it really seems to be the holistic approach.

Completely reasonable. I think I'm just extra bitter because I want my cycle to be over. I JUST WANT IT ALL TO END ALREADY.

GoldenGriffin

Postby GoldenGriffin » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:37 pm

carboncopyx wrote:
GoldenGriffin wrote:I don't know, it's easy to become frustrated, but at the same time it's evident they're working hard to get the best class that they can. I'd rather this than a school that just blanket admits based on GPA and LSAT - it really seems to be the holistic approach.

Completely reasonable. I think I'm just extra bitter because I want my cycle to be over. I JUST WANT IT ALL TO END ALREADY.

You're accepted at Yale and Harvard - just rejoice and be grateful for what you've achieved already!I understand the frustration though. It's so hard to focus on other options when your top choice is still possible.

bananapudding88

Postby bananapudding88 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:41 pm

Audeamus wrote:DLS Friday. no surprise. good luck to everyone still waiting!!

Sorry man! :( Will be joining you soon nuff.

bluecouch

Postby bluecouch » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:52 pm

GoldenGriffin wrote:
carboncopyx wrote:

You're accepted at Yale and Harvard - just rejoice and be grateful for what you've achieved already!I understand the frustration though. It's so hard to focus on other options when your top choice is still possible.

Stanford is carbon's first choice? I thought she liked peacoats and disliked mission architecture.

carboncopyx

Postby carboncopyx » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:02 pm

bluecouch wrote:Stanford is carbon's first choice? I thought she liked peacoats and disliked mission architecture.

So conflicted. I also like sun and beach. And west coast driving!

wert3813

Postby wert3813 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:47 pm

carboncopyx wrote:
bluecouch wrote:Stanford is carbon's first choice? I thought she liked peacoats and disliked mission architecture.

Come on carbon yale ug and harvard law is like a lock for Big Ovaloffice.

helix23

Postby helix23 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:01 pm

swordking90 wrote:
helix23 wrote:Gonna be real and say that I've been planning my ding bar post for the past couple months.

Same here. BTW your LSN profile says that Penn gave you "$1" for scholarship? Maybe a correction is needed?

I agree. Maybe they should offer me more than $0.00... (LSN doesn't let you enter zero so I put in $1 for the sake of irony)

sinfiery

Postby sinfiery » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:13 am

Inspired by YLSs facebook counting:

So I found this on the that admissions blog..

1. Will our entering class be 220-strong? I’ve heard that this rumor was floating around over the weekend. Unless ALL of you at the weekend accept our offer, this will not happen. Put any concern you might have about SLS getting any larger to rest. 180 suits us just fine.

This was posted right after ASW (April 20th 2012 weekend)

And LSN says roughly 379 admits a year plus there's an admit wave in April before that ASW so there are probably still a large amount of acceptances to be handed before and after ASW.

Depending on how many people showed up to ASW that were accepted, what exactly she means by 220 strong, and the timeline between this year and last.

At the very least, some form of hope to hang on to.

jselson

Postby jselson » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:19 am

sinfiery wrote:Inspired by YLSs facebook counting:

So I found this on the that admissions blog..

1. Will our entering class be 220-strong? I’ve heard that this rumor was floating around over the weekend. Unless ALL of you at the weekend accept our offer, this will not happen. Put any concern you might have about SLS getting any larger to rest. 180 suits us just fine.

This was posted right after ASW (April 20th 2012 weekend)

And LSN says roughly 379 admits a year plus there's an admit wave in April before that ASW so there are probably still a large amount of acceptances to be handed before and after ASW.

Depending on how many people showed up to ASW that were accepted, what exactly she means by 220 strong, and the timeline between this year and last.

At the very least, some form of hope to hang on to.

Check out those discovery skills. Thanks!

amonthofsundays

Postby amonthofsundays » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:57 am

carboncopyx wrote:

You're going to get the call this week so I hope you plan on making some time with trusted friends, family, shaman, and that hobo that can tell the future to help you make the YLS v SLS v HLS decision.

RSterling

Postby RSterling » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:27 pm

Is anyone else out there with a deposit deadline looming? UVA's is this Friday, and I'm desperately hoping for a decision from SLS before then even if it's an outright ding.

siredwrdross

Postby siredwrdross » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:35 pm

RSterling wrote:Is anyone else out there with a deposit deadline looming? UVA's is this Friday, and I'm desperately hoping for a decision from SLS before then even if it's an outright ding.

Precisely.

katch

Postby katch » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:38 pm

Best/Worst April Fool's day prank: Dean Deal goes through and changes everyones primary email to lowercase on the status checker. Then calls no one.

helix23

Postby helix23 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:39 pm

siredwrdross wrote:
RSterling wrote:Is anyone else out there with a deposit deadline looming? UVA's is this Friday, and I'm desperately hoping for a decision from SLS before then even if it's an outright ding.

Precisely.

Stanford doesn't give a shit, to be precise.

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:43 pm

you can deposit at UVA and stay waiting/WL'd at Stanford until you find out, so you aren't missing out on SLS by making another deposit

vzapana

Postby vzapana » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:49 pm

jbagelboy wrote:

you can deposit at UVA and stay waiting/WL'd at Stanford until you find out, so you aren't missing out on SLS by making another deposit

Titcr. Uva signed onto ABA's rules, so you're completely free to do this

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:06 pm

While I know I'm only one member of a perennial group of nearly half-year waiters, I am curious why my application hasn't been DLS'd yet. At most schools people held till April have a number potentially useful to satisfy a median (Harvard digged for held high GPAs it had saved till last week, for example), and if there was something particularly interesting about the app to make up for lower numbers they are admitted on time for that reason. I don't have numbers worth holding onto for median-driven purposes, but clearly nothing about my app was truly worth grabbing or I'd have gotten the call. :?

digifly

Postby digifly » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:07 pm

vzapana wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:

I'm about to do this. As in, I'm on their website right now. However, I think he may have been more worried about losing the $$$.

RSterling

Postby RSterling » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:08 pm

vzapana wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:

True. I guess I'm just holding out for a dream scenario where I'm accepted at SLS this week and can save $500...
Last edited by RSterling on Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

siredwrdross

Postby siredwrdross » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:10 pm

RSterling wrote:
vzapana wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:

True. I guess I'm just holding out for a dream scenario where I'm accepted at SLS this and can save $500...

Lol, exactly. I know SLS doesn't really care too much and, ultimately, I'd forfeit a deposit in order to attend. But that doesn't mean that $500 isn't a lot of money to me right now :P

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”