Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Valera

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby Valera » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:46 am

So DLS (with no schmancy email capitalization change) is a rejection, right? Do we know what a WL notification looks like?

ssanonymous

Postby ssanonymous » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:48 am

Valera wrote:So DLS (with no schmancy email capitalization change) is a rejection, right? Do we know what a WL notification looks like?

DLS is a rejection. WL come via email. Sorry! Did you hear yesterday or today?

wert3813

Postby wert3813 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:48 am

Valera wrote:So DLS (with no schmancy email capitalization change) is a rejection, right? Do we know what a WL notification looks like?

It looks like an email. Sorry. :/

Valera

Postby Valera » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:05 pm

ssanonymous wrote:

DLS is a rejection. WL come via email. Sorry! Did you hear yesterday or today?

Snaps. Though I am not really surprised. Oh well, see y'all when I transfer :wink:

I think it changed this morning after being silent since 12/7.

katch

Postby katch » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:36 pm

It feels like the DLSs are random now. There's no discernible pattern to submitted or complete dates that receive a DLS recently. New apps, old apps, extremely old apps. Does this suggest that what's left is under more serious consideration? Or do they simply not really have a chronologically organized way of reviewing?

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:41 pm

katch wrote:It feels like the DLSs are random now. There's no discernible pattern to submitted or complete dates that receive a DLS recently. New apps, old apps, extremely old apps. Does this suggest that what's left is under more serious consideration? Or do they simply not really have a chronologically organized way of reviewing?

if they reviewed your file in the fall and decided not to reject you, they probably passed it off to a faculty member/committee, put it away to look at again when they had a clearer idea of the applicant pool, decided to WL you but won't notify for months, or an office assistant left it on the ground or in a file cabinet somewhere.

sinfiery

Postby sinfiery » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:04 pm

katch wrote:It feels like the DLSs are random now. There's no discernible pattern to submitted or complete dates that receive a DLS recently. New apps, old apps, extremely old apps. Does this suggest that what's left is under more serious consideration? Or do they simply not really have a chronologically organized way of reviewing?

No idea why there is a trickle but soon enough a giant wave of death is coming. One last admit wave before that wave (early April) then the best bet one has is to hope for a WL instead of a ding during said death wave and ride that baby for months. It's all really depressing.

ssanonymous

Postby ssanonymous » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:45 pm

sinfiery wrote:

No idea why there is a trickle but soon enough a giant wave of death is coming. One last admit wave before that wave (early April) then the best bet one has is to hope for a WL instead of a ding during said death wave and ride that baby for months. It's all really depressing.

I'd ride it out until August or so.

risa

Postby risa » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:53 pm

Had my first vivid Stanford acceptance dream last night. Totally not happening IRL (I mean my last vivid law school dream was that my cat, Risa, got into Berkeley and I didn't, and that one didn't come true)... but anywho, thought I'd share. :)

targaryengirl

Postby targaryengirl » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:31 pm

DLS'd :( My status checker never turned to "in review"...straight from "complete" to rejection.

whereskyle

Postby whereskyle » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:33 pm

risa wrote:Had my first vivid Stanford acceptance dream last night. Totally not happening IRL (I mean my last vivid law school dream was that my cat, Risa, got into Berkeley and I didn't, and that one didn't come true)... but anywho, thought I'd share. :)

SLS admittance dreams are the most vivid.

ssanonymous

Postby ssanonymous » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:33 pm

targaryengirl wrote:DLS'd :( My status checker never turned to "in review"...straight from "complete" to rejection.

it never goes UR. Sorry! Did it just change?

Audeamus

Postby Audeamus » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:34 pm

targaryengirl wrote:DLS'd :( My status checker never turned to "in review"...straight from "complete" to rejection.

Sorry = ( when did you submit?

risa

Postby risa » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:39 pm

ssanonymous wrote:

well it sorta does. My header just says "complete" but then on the right side, further down it has "Your file has been submitted for review."

ssanonymous

Postby ssanonymous » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:42 pm

risa wrote:
ssanonymous wrote:

well it sorta does. My header just says "complete" but then on the right side, further down it has "Your file has been submitted for review."

yeah, but that's the regular status. Then it changes to DLS or you get a phone call.

targaryengirl

Postby targaryengirl » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:48 pm

Audeamus wrote:

Yea just changed. I submitted in December but it went complete mid Jan. This especially hurts because I went to S as an undergrad...

ssanonymous

Postby ssanonymous » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:49 pm

targaryengirl wrote:
Audeamus wrote:

Yea just changed. I submitted in December but it went complete mid Jan. This especially hurts because I went to S as an undergrad...

That sucks! I'm sorry! So I guess the status changes throughout the day.

TrustInMusic

Postby TrustInMusic » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:50 pm

targaryengirl wrote:
Audeamus wrote:

Stats?

targaryengirl

Postby targaryengirl » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:26 pm

TrustInMusic wrote:
targaryengirl wrote:
Audeamus wrote:

Stats?

166/3.5. Guess I saw it coming, but couldn't help but dream!

katch

Postby katch » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:59 pm

jbagelboy wrote:

if they reviewed your file in the fall and decided not to reject you, they probably passed it off to a faculty member/committee, put it away to look at again when they had a clearer idea of the applicant pool, decided to WL you but won't notify for months, or an office assistant left it on the ground or in a file cabinet somewhere.

But that's my point. If you've been complete for four+ months, I assume that means they held your app. But now people who have been complete for 3,4, and 5 months have been intermittently receiving DLS in no particular order. So they are going back for the second review, but not based on chronology?

EDIT: I highlight this because two people with my same complete date received DLS. Does that mean they are holding mine in their hands right now, or perhaps that I made it through to die another day? Or is it completely random how they go back through them?
Last edited by katch on Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Omnivalc

Postby Omnivalc » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:14 pm

I got a DLS today. Is this bad?

MacB

Postby MacB » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:17 pm

Omnivalc wrote:I got a DLS today. Is this bad?

Ding.

Omnivalc

Postby Omnivalc » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:19 pm

MacB wrote:
Omnivalc wrote:I got a DLS today. Is this bad?

Ding.

Figured

katch

Postby katch » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:33 pm

Should I take it as a bad sign if I didn't even get an autoreply "Thank you for your interest in Stanford Law School." when I emailed an update a week ago?

ManOfTheMinute

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:35 pm

katch wrote:Should I take it as a bad sign if I didn't even get an autoreply "Thank you for your interest in Stanford Law School." when I emailed an update a week ago?

No

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”