Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
wert3813
Posts: 1408
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby wert3813 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:24 pm

MacB wrote:
carboncopyx wrote:
ManOfTheMinute wrote:Ahhh... fair enough, save your monies. I would kill to go to europe again this summer!!

IT'S THE LAST SUMMER OF FREEDOM. MUST SEIZE OPPORTUNITY BEFORE CHAINED AND ENSLAVED AS A REAL ADULT FOREVER. :shock:


Where are you thinking about going? I'm torn between cycling the Scandinavian peninsula or taking a (first class, don't worry, haha) train trip across India this summer. Ahhh, last summer of freedom... :)


Greece, Balkans, Italy, Spain, and Portugal for me. TLS European meetup!!!

User avatar
carboncopyx
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby carboncopyx » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:29 pm

MacB wrote:Where are you thinking about going? I'm torn between cycling the Scandinavian peninsula or taking a (first class, don't worry, haha) train trip across India this summer. Ahhh, last summer of freedom... :)

I'm planning a pretty massive trip--London, Scotland, Dublin (James Joyce tour!), Paris + South of France, Germany, Barcelona/Madrid/Ibiza, Cinque Terre, and Belgium... maybe Greece or trying to pop into Venice as well so I can see it before it goes under. Not nearly as impressive as cycling through Scandinavia or braving India, though, props.

MacB
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:26 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby MacB » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:41 pm

carboncopyx wrote:
MacB wrote:Where are you thinking about going? I'm torn between cycling the Scandinavian peninsula or taking a (first class, don't worry, haha) train trip across India this summer. Ahhh, last summer of freedom... :)

I'm planning a pretty massive trip--London, Scotland, Dublin (James Joyce tour!), Paris + South of France, Germany, Barcelona/Madrid/Ibiza, Cinque Terre, and Belgium... maybe Greece or trying to pop into Venice as well so I can see it before it goes under. Not nearly as impressive as cycling through Scandinavia or braving India, though, props.


Ohh, yay! I've been to lots of those places. My only advice: When you're in Dublin, stay away from Temple Bar. It's like spending an unpleasant evening in a shitty college town in the States. When you're in the south of France, make sure to travel between locales via train. It's as much an event w/ as attractive a view as most potential destinations. And when in Cinque Terre, make sure you do the hike. All 5 towns (it's only like 4 or 5 miles, if memory serves). Preferably by yourself. You will see some of the best views of your life. :)

User avatar
wert3813
Posts: 1408
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby wert3813 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:51 pm

MacB wrote:
carboncopyx wrote:
MacB wrote:Where are you thinking about going? I'm torn between cycling the Scandinavian peninsula or taking a (first class, don't worry, haha) train trip across India this summer. Ahhh, last summer of freedom... :)

I'm planning a pretty massive trip--London, Scotland, Dublin (James Joyce tour!), Paris + South of France, Germany, Barcelona/Madrid/Ibiza, Cinque Terre, and Belgium... maybe Greece or trying to pop into Venice as well so I can see it before it goes under. Not nearly as impressive as cycling through Scandinavia or braving India, though, props.


Ohh, yay! I've been to lots of those places. My only advice: When you're in Dublin, stay away from Temple Bar. It's like spending an unpleasant evening in a shitty college town in the States. When you're in the south of France, make sure to travel between locales via train. It's as much an event w/ as attractive a view as most potential destinations. And when in Cinque Terre, make sure you do the hike. All 5 towns (it's only like 4 or 5 miles, if memory serves). Preferably by yourself. You will see some of the best views of your life. :)


Oh cool guys...

User avatar
sinfiery
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby sinfiery » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:52 am

Both of those sound awesome. I'll probably do Europe after I relive the fear of going out into the real world after graduating/passing the bar.

User avatar
carboncopyx
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby carboncopyx » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:07 am

MacB wrote:Ohh, yay! I've been to lots of those places. My only advice: When you're in Dublin, stay away from Temple Bar. It's like spending an unpleasant evening in a shitty college town in the States. When you're in the south of France, make sure to travel between locales via train. It's as much an event w/ as attractive a view as most potential destinations. And when in Cinque Terre, make sure you do the hike. All 5 towns (it's only like 4 or 5 miles, if memory serves). Preferably by yourself. You will see some of the best views of your life. :)

Ah, thanks for the tips! Definitely planning on doing the Cinque Terre hike--unfortunately, I'm going with three friends, but maybe I'lll try to run ahead of them by myself for a bit. :wink:

TrustInMusic
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:39 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby TrustInMusic » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:47 am

carboncopyx wrote:
MacB wrote:Where are you thinking about going? I'm torn between cycling the Scandinavian peninsula or taking a (first class, don't worry, haha) train trip across India this summer. Ahhh, last summer of freedom... :)

I'm planning a pretty massive trip--London, Scotland, Dublin (James Joyce tour!), Paris + South of France, Germany, Barcelona/Madrid/Ibiza, Cinque Terre, and Belgium... maybe Greece or trying to pop into Venice as well so I can see it before it goes under. Not nearly as impressive as cycling through Scandinavia or braving India, though, props.


Book Ryanair/Easyjet tickets now. now.

MacB
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:26 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby MacB » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:47 am

TrustInMusic wrote:
carboncopyx wrote:
MacB wrote:Where are you thinking about going? I'm torn between cycling the Scandinavian peninsula or taking a (first class, don't worry, haha) train trip across India this summer. Ahhh, last summer of freedom... :)

I'm planning a pretty massive trip--London, Scotland, Dublin (James Joyce tour!), Paris + South of France, Germany, Barcelona/Madrid/Ibiza, Cinque Terre, and Belgium... maybe Greece or trying to pop into Venice as well so I can see it before it goes under. Not nearly as impressive as cycling through Scandinavia or braving India, though, props.


Book Ryanair/Easyjet tickets now. now.


+1

And... ALWAYS CHECK IN ONLINE/PRINT BOARDING PASSES BEFORE YOU ARRIVE AT THE AIRPORT!!! Haha, I'm sure you already know that, but unless you want to be paying hundreds of dollars in bullshit fees, follow that advice 100% of the time. :)

ETA: You can book train tickets as you show up different places. I don't think there's any difference in price and it's more convenient in person than online. The flights are a different story.

User avatar
carboncopyx
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby carboncopyx » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:05 am

TrustInMusic wrote:Book Ryanair/Easyjet tickets now. now.

Ahhhh, okay! I did Cinque Terre yesterday and it was only about 50 pounds (!!!), but I'll try to do the rest ASAP! (Which means I actually have to solidify my travel plans first...)

vzapana
Posts: 530
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:54 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby vzapana » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:10 am

carboncopyx wrote:
TrustInMusic wrote:Book Ryanair/Easyjet tickets now. now.

Ahhhh, okay! I did Cinque Terre yesterday and it was only about 50 pounds (!!!), but I'll try to do the rest ASAP! (Which means I actually have to solidify my travel plans first...)


Wtf is your life. I'm so jealous. Take photos of places and post them here.

User avatar
carboncopyx
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby carboncopyx » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:23 pm

:mrgreen:

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby digifly » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:04 pm

carboncopyx wrote:
TrustInMusic wrote:Book Ryanair/Easyjet tickets now. now.

Ahhhh, okay! I did Cinque Terre yesterday and it was only about 50 pounds (!!!), but I'll try to do the rest ASAP! (Which means I actually have to solidify my travel plans first...)


Also, if you're brave, check out Euroline and Megabus - you can get crazy good deals on bus rides if you're looking to save money. I bought a 30 day pass for about £190 and then I just slept on the bus in between countries.

canarykb
Posts: 151
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:56 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby canarykb » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:29 pm

Complete 11/30. Still waiting. Anyone else chilling since November?

User avatar
pannekoeken
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:07 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby pannekoeken » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:30 pm

canarykb wrote:Complete 11/30. Still waiting. Anyone else chilling since November?


Yes. Lots of us are. You should really read this thread, lol.

canarykb
Posts: 151
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:56 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby canarykb » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:37 pm

pannekoeken wrote:
canarykb wrote:Complete 11/30. Still waiting. Anyone else chilling since November?


Yes. Lots of us are. You should really read this thread, lol.


I read a few pages back, but there are over 100 of them, can't keep up!

User avatar
ssanonymous
Posts: 513
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby ssanonymous » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:46 pm

It has been over two weeks since an acceptance, right? Rough.

TrustInMusic
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:39 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby TrustInMusic » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:24 pm

digifly wrote:
carboncopyx wrote:
TrustInMusic wrote:Book Ryanair/Easyjet tickets now. now.

Ahhhh, okay! I did Cinque Terre yesterday and it was only about 50 pounds (!!!), but I'll try to do the rest ASAP! (Which means I actually have to solidify my travel plans first...)


Also, if you're brave, check out Euroline and Megabus - you can get crazy good deals on bus rides if you're looking to save money. I bought a 30 day pass for about £190 and then I just slept on the bus in between countries.


Yes! Euroline and Megabus! I definitely used their seats as (very uncomfortable) beds as well.

And carbon, I got a flight from London to Venice for 23 pounds last summer. Haha :D

Oh and one more thing... ALWAYS ALWAYS VALIDATE YOUR TICKET BEFORE GETTING ON TRAINS IN ITALY. If the machine doesn't work, FIND A CONDUCTOR BEFORE HE/SHE FINDS YOU. Same applies to Switzerland.
(Whereas for the UK, I learned that you can get on the train and wait until the conductor finds you to pay. Although booking online is cheaper.)

MacB
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:26 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby MacB » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:35 pm

TrustInMusic wrote:Oh and one more thing... ALWAYS ALWAYS VALIDATE YOUR TICKET BEFORE GETTING ON TRAINS IN ITALY. If the machine doesn't work, FIND A CONDUCTOR BEFORE HE/SHE FINDS YOU. Same applies to Switzerland.
(Whereas for the UK, I learned that you can get on the train and wait until the conductor finds you to pay. Although booking online is cheaper.)


Werd.

Also, thanks, Carbon, for taking our minds off of the interminable waiting. :)

User avatar
carboncopyx
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby carboncopyx » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:15 pm

Noooo, thank YOU guys for offering such great tips and advice! I'm going to have the greatest pre-law school summer. :)

targaryengirl
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:40 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby targaryengirl » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:44 pm

hey guys - new to TLS here. i've read the last few pages. congrats to anyone who's heard good news so far.

i was wondering, are acceptances always made with a phone call? and is DLS usually bad news?

MacB
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:26 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby MacB » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:46 pm

targaryengirl wrote:hey guys - new to TLS here. i've read the last few pages. congrats to anyone who's heard good news so far.

i was wondering, are acceptances always made with a phone call? and is DLS usually bad news?


Welcome. :)

Admits are always via phone call, and DLS without a phone call is always bad news.

targaryengirl
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:40 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby targaryengirl » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:54 pm

thanks. i went complete in jan. since we've waited this long/longer, i'd like to think we weren't automatic rejects...heh

MacB wrote:
targaryengirl wrote:hey guys - new to TLS here. i've read the last few pages. congrats to anyone who's heard good news so far.

i was wondering, are acceptances always made with a phone call? and is DLS usually bad news?


Welcome. :)

Admits are always via phone call, and DLS without a phone call is always bad news.

MacB
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:26 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby MacB » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:07 pm

targaryengirl wrote:thanks. i went complete in jan. since we've waited this long/longer, i'd like to think we weren't automatic rejects...heh

MacB wrote:
targaryengirl wrote:hey guys - new to TLS here. i've read the last few pages. congrats to anyone who's heard good news so far.

i was wondering, are acceptances always made with a phone call? and is DLS usually bad news?


Welcome. :)

Admits are always via phone call, and DLS without a phone call is always bad news.


I wouldn't think too much about it either way, too be honest. I went complete in October. This is kind of just SLS's style, haha.

User avatar
ssanonymous
Posts: 513
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby ssanonymous » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:55 pm

when are deposits due for SLS and when is ASW? Here's hoping a ton of applicants withdraw before my DLS comes through.

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby 04102014 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:55 pm

I wish something would happen.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests