Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hopeful16

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby hopeful16 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:30 pm

spicyyoda17 wrote:Maybe it's the chill vibes of those drawn to California, but I am one-part impressed and one-part disappointed (only because it's fun) at the lack of neurotic and hyper-sensitive anticipation ITT that plagues most applicants awaiting the first batch of decisions.

Agreed. Maybe we're sill neurotic, but just silently so :) I've been checking Stanford's admissions blog multiple times per day - it seems the last two years Dean Deal wrote that calls would be coming right before they came. Hoping for an update soon!

LaMuSayonga

Postby LaMuSayonga » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:31 pm

WhiteyCakes wrote:
spicyyoda17 wrote:Maybe it's the chill vibes of those drawn to California, but I am one-part impressed and one-part disappointed (only because it's fun) at the lack of neurotic and hyper-sensitive anticipation ITT that plagues most applicants awaiting the first batch of decisions.

That's because this thread has been monopolized by people freaking out about status checkers

I can't decide which is better: NYU applicants freaking out because they haven't received a phone call even though they can access the ADMITTED students website or Stanford applicants flipping because they can't access the status checker in early October.

WhiteyCakes

Postby WhiteyCakes » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:32 pm

LaMuSayonga wrote:
WhiteyCakes wrote:

That's because this thread has been monopolized by people freaking out about status checkers

I can't decide which is better: NYU applicants freaking out because they haven't received a phone call even though they can access the ADMITTED students website or Stanford applicants flipping because they can't access the status checker in early October.

I submitted my application 3 days ago and still haven't received a status checker. What is going onnnnnnnnn??????

trojandave

Postby trojandave » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:35 pm

WhiteyCakes wrote:
I submitted my application 3 days ago and still haven't received a status checker. What is going onnnnnnnnn??????

Stanford has a status checker?

shntn

Postby shntn » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:35 pm

trojandave wrote:
WhiteyCakes wrote:

Yes.

WhiteyCakes

Postby WhiteyCakes » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:36 pm

trojandave wrote:
WhiteyCakes wrote:

Yup...right here http://www.brainsonfire.com/blog/wp-con ... .09-AM.png

spicyyoda17

Postby spicyyoda17 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:46 pm

My Top 5:

5. I submitted my application last night and woke up this morning without notification from the school that they received it. Should I call to make sure they got it?

4. I have been listed as under review for almost a week now. Why is it taking so long? Does this mean I'm definitely going to be rejected? Maybe they misplaced my application. Should I call?

3. I can't access the ASW website. I wonder if that means they made a mistake and I'm not really accepted . . . should I call and ask?

2. I didn't submit a "Why X" essay with my application, but now I'm second-guessing myself. I wonder if that's why they haven't made a decision yet on my application. I wonder if I can still submit one. Should I call?

1. I went back and read the application threads from the past 2 (ok, actually it was 5) years. It seems like they are doing things differently this year. What could this mean? Am I more likely to be accepted? Should I call?

trojandave

Postby trojandave » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:51 pm

WhiteyCakes wrote:
trojandave wrote:
WhiteyCakes wrote:

Harsh, Whitey

WhiteyCakes

Postby WhiteyCakes » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:51 pm

spicyyoda17 wrote:My Top 5:

5. I submitted my application last night and woke up this morning without notification from the school that they received it. Should I call to make sure they got it?

4. I have been listed as under review for almost a week now. Why is it taking so long? Does this mean I'm definitely going to be rejected? Maybe they misplaced my application. Should I call?

3. I can't access the ASW website. I wonder if that means they made a mistake and I'm not really accepted . . . should I call and ask?

2. I didn't submit a "Why X" essay with my application, but now I'm second-guessing myself. I wonder if that's why they haven't made a decision yet on my application. I wonder if I can still submit one. Should I call?

1. I went back and read the application threads from the past 2 (ok, actually it was 5) years. It seems like they are doing things differently this year. What could this mean? Am I more likely to be accepted? Should I call?

6. Since this is a down cycle, do you think that my 162/3.4 non-URM app will have a chance?

WhiteyCakes

Postby WhiteyCakes » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:52 pm

trojandave wrote:Harsh, Whitey

I didn't mean you personally...that is how I feel whenever I think about Stanford. It is very humbling

LaMuSayonga

Postby LaMuSayonga » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:55 pm

WhiteyCakes wrote:

6. Since this is a down cycle, do you think that my 162/3.4 non-URM app will have a chance?

As a 0L, I probably can't answer your question. You should definitely call. Remember to give them your full name, LSAC number, social security number, blood type, and favorite ice cream flavor.

vzapana

Postby vzapana » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:01 pm

WhiteyCakes wrote:
trojandave wrote:
WhiteyCakes wrote:

The image doesn't work on my phone. Does this mean I'm rejected from S?

spicyyoda17

Postby spicyyoda17 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:02 pm

vzapana wrote:
WhiteyCakes wrote:
trojandave wrote:
WhiteyCakes wrote:

The image doesn't work on my phone. Does this mean I'm rejected from S?

You should probably call the admissions office.

EttaJ

Postby EttaJ » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:06 pm

WhiteyCakes wrote:

7. I went complete yesterday. How long should it take for me to hear from them?
Last edited by EttaJ on Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LaMuSayonga

Postby LaMuSayonga » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:09 pm

EttaJ wrote:
WhiteyCakes wrote:

7. I went complete yesterday. How long should it take until I hear from them?

Call Lavitz.

amsong

Postby amsong » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:26 pm

LaMuSayonga wrote:
EttaJ wrote:
WhiteyCakes wrote:

7. I went complete yesterday. How long should it take until I hear from them?

Call Lavitz.

+ All of the credited answers, ever, in the history of answers.

poichi

Postby poichi » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:28 pm

This thread wins so hard

kfischm1

Postby kfischm1 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:30 pm

This thread always makes me smile. :-) Glad at least there is some sense of humor on TLS amid all of the anxiousness and dread.

Omnivalc

Postby Omnivalc » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:08 pm

Finally went complete today because my UG took fucking forever to get them the Dean's Cert.

M458

Postby M458 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:09 pm

Hey guys--thinking of applying to Stanford, but I'm wondering whether anyone here knows if they provide institutional loans as part of their financial aid to International students the way that Harvard and Yale do. I wouldn't be able to attend otherwise, so I'm holding off on applying before I know for sure. I've looked all over their website and on the PDF they have breaking down their policies and can't seem to find anything. Was planning on calling Monday, but figured maybe someone knew. Thanks!

honeybadger12

Postby honeybadger12 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:32 pm

poichi wrote:This thread wins so hard

+1

tiger11

Postby tiger11 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:40 am

honeybadger12 wrote:
poichi wrote:This thread wins so hard

+1

++1

You guys are great. So excited to have some of you as classmates. :D this thread wins so much harder than any other TLS one.

Yukos

Postby Yukos » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:31 am

ITT we talk about how great this thread is.

amsong

Postby amsong » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:30 pm

Yukos wrote:ITT we talk about how great this thread is.

Thread-ception. Hell yeah.
Last edited by amsong on Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mmbt123

Postby mmbt123 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:54 pm

quick question, my status is complete but the boxes "study abroad transcript" and others that don't apply to me are checked. is that normal? or did my undergrad dean f*ck up as usual?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”