Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ManOfTheMinute

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:53 pm

porch wrote:I see 98 pages...

Seriously Wert, keep your shit up to date

lawschoolboundfuture

Postby lawschoolboundfuture » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:24 pm

I feel like almost no one has actually gotten in yet?

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:39 pm

lawschoolboundfuture wrote:I feel like almost no one has actually gotten in yet?

LSN is tracking 55 admits, and historically LSN only makes up 15-20% of the total admit pool for Stanford. Thus, roughly 250 of the ~380 admits are already admitted.

We're only due for about 10 more LSN admits to match past data. :(

TrustInMusic

Postby TrustInMusic » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:48 pm

What do people think about sending my fourth and final LOR to SLS as a way to stay "engaged" with the application process?
I'm asking because a professor offered to write me a "beaming" LOR ( :lol: )
The LOR would be targeted specific to Stanford, and the professor has done some post-doctoral work at Stanford.

I sent my app in early January and was complete 1/22.

Thoughts?

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:01 pm

TrustInMusic wrote:What do people think about sending my fourth and final LOR to SLS as a way to stay "engaged" with the application process?
The LOR would be targeted specific to Stanford, and the professor has done some post-doctoral work at Stanford.

Thoughts?

Fourth!? Since January? I haven't even sent one and I applied in November. I think this is stalkerish and a little much.

edit: no offense just my opinion based on what admissions people have relayed about correspondence with their offices
Last edited by jbagelboy on Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ManOfTheMinute

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:02 pm

TrustInMusic wrote:What do people think about sending my fourth and final LOR to SLS as a way to stay "engaged" with the application process?

Thoughts?

Go for it!

TrustInMusic

Postby TrustInMusic » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:07 pm

jbagelboy wrote:

Thoughts?

Fourth!? Since January? I haven't even sent one and I applied in November. I think this is stalkerish and a little much.

edit: no offense just my opinion based on what admissions people have relayed about correspondence with their offices

I had 3 LORs in my original application, and my question was whether I should send in a fourth.

Audeamus

Postby Audeamus » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:09 pm

ManOfTheMinute wrote:

Thoughts?

Go for it!

I concur. If is is specific to Stanford, send it.

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:11 pm

TrustInMusic wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:

Thoughts?

I had 3 LORs in my original application, and my question was whether I should send in a fourth.

Truly, truly sorry -- I read 4th LOCI, and then you can imagine my response. 4th LOR perfectly sound, continue on please excuse my morning illiteracy

testaker

Postby testaker » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:29 pm

jbagelboy wrote:
TrustInMusic wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:

Thoughts?

Truly, truly sorry -- I read 4th LOCI, and then you can imagine my response. 4th LOR perfectly sound, continue on please excuse my morning illiteracy

On this subject...does anyone know whether Recommenders receive any automated confirmation from LSAC when an applicant has their LOR sent to schools? I know they receive an email when LSAC initially receives their LOR, but the reason I ask is because I solicited an LOR from one professor, but ultimately did not have hers sent anywhere. I decided that 3 was enough for right then and that I wanted to save hers for later on, possibly for the event that I was waitlisted somewhere. However I want to send hers now; I just don't want her to know that I am only just now using it. Sorry if this is confusing. Does anyone know? Thanks!

dnptan

Postby dnptan » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:39 pm

jbagelboy wrote:Fourth!? Since January? I haven't even sent one and I applied in November. I think this is stalkerish and a little much.

I think you mistook LoR for LOCI. I have 4 LoRs as well.

You should submit it via LSAC as well just to cover your bases.

edit: oops late!

bernaldiaz

Postby bernaldiaz » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:27 pm

Dang this is getting to be absurd. No TLSers got their fin aid offers today?

ManOfTheMinute

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:31 pm

testaker wrote:On this subject...does anyone know whether Recommenders receive any automated confirmation from LSAC when an applicant has their LOR sent to schools? I know they receive an email when LSAC initially receives their LOR, but the reason I ask is because I solicited an LOR from one professor, but ultimately did not have hers sent anywhere. I decided that 3 was enough for right then and that I wanted to save hers for later on, possibly for the event that I was waitlisted somewhere. However I want to send hers now; I just don't want her to know that I am only just now using it. Sorry if this is confusing. Does anyone know? Thanks!

They don't. You're fine.

ManOfTheMinute

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:32 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:Dang this is getting to be absurd. No TLSers got their fin aid offers today?

I imagine something must be happening over there that is busying them (maybe its the new implementation of that yellow ribbon program)... the day is still young though!

one_by_one

Postby one_by_one » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:33 pm

Last edited by one_by_one on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bernaldiaz

Postby bernaldiaz » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:53 pm

ManOfTheMinute wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:Dang this is getting to be absurd. No TLSers got their fin aid offers today?

I imagine something must be happening over there that is busying them (maybe its the new implementation of that yellow ribbon program)... the day is still young though!

From the Facebook group someone said they got their offer last Friday and that they were told all offers would be out this week.

yarsten

Postby yarsten » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:57 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:
From the Facebook group someone said they got their offer last Friday and that they were told all offers would be out this week.

:shock: Is this for realz?

cwid1391

Postby cwid1391 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:11 pm

yarsten wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:

If not, 180 trolling for sure.

spicyyoda17

Postby spicyyoda17 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:13 pm

cwid1391 wrote:
yarsten wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:

It's for financial aid, not for admission.

cwid1391

Postby cwid1391 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:14 pm

spicyyoda17 wrote:
cwid1391 wrote:
yarsten wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:

It's for financial aid, not for admission.

ahhh.. that makes way more sense. :evil:

az21833

Postby az21833 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:22 pm

have ANY of us gotten finaid?

sinfiery

Postby sinfiery » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:28 pm

12/3 complete still waiting...2 Days too late from being part of the club.

It's somewhat silly how perfect of a fit Stanford is for me, I just want the DLS so I can stop dreaming.

mickeysevenn

Postby mickeysevenn » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:24 pm

No DLS for me yet. SOMEBODY TAKE THE STRESS AWAY!!!

switchis32

Postby switchis32 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:25 pm

mickeysevenn wrote:No DLS for me yet. SOMEBODY TAKE THE STRESS AWAY!!!

when did you go complete?

domino

Postby domino » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:39 pm

Went to Stanford today because visiting a friend in the area. Holy shit the campus is ridiculous. When people said "it's beautiful," I didn't get it--I was just like, "Okay, so the buildings are pretty and the weather is nice." But there's way more. There's this long entrance road surrounded by greenery where graceful ibis-like birds are just stalking around, fountains all over the place. And the buildings are not just pretty but AWESOME.

I also liked the more spread out layout more than I expected. The campus really feels like a small city, very open but areas with different functions are clearly differentiated.

I thought I wanted to stay near home, but being here for the past few days has made me think that it might be exciting to go somewhere new, and it turns out there are plenty of people here that I know, too. Hm. Might try to un-withdraw my app.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”