Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby shntn » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:04 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:I'd rather go to Stanford than Yale. Didn't even apply to Yale.

+1

ht2988
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby ht2988 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:14 am

shntn wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:I'd rather go to Stanford than Yale. Didn't even apply to Yale.

+1


++1

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby WhiteyCakes » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:18 am

ht2988 wrote:
shntn wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:I'd rather go to Stanford than Yale. Didn't even apply to Yale.

+1


++1


I'm in this party too

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby Yukos » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:18 am

WhiteyCakes wrote:
ht2988 wrote:
shntn wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:I'd rather go to Stanford than Yale. Didn't even apply to Yale.

+1


++1


I'm in this party too


Would be a really hard choice (that I'm sure I won't have to make). I'm from California, used to live right next to Palo Alto and absolutely LOVE Stanford, but it has its disadvantages. Its 1L schedule is much more rigid (cause Yale almost doesn't have first-year requirements), its LRAP isn't quite as good (Yale's helps you even if you make $100,000 and don't work in a law-related field) and Yale seems to have real advantages placing in clerkships and academia (I'm a 0L so take with appropriate grain of salt). Obviously whether all that overcomes Stanford's weather, faculty, ties to Silicon Valley, etc. is up to each person, but I think there's a reason Yale is more selective and has a higher yield rate than Stanford.

User avatar
lsacqueen
Posts: 255
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:03 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby lsacqueen » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:36 am

[/quote]

Would be a really hard choice (that I'm sure I won't have to make). I'm from California, used to live right next to Palo Alto and absolutely LOVE Stanford, but it has its disadvantages. Its 1L schedule is much more rigid (cause Yale almost doesn't have first-year requirements), its LRAP isn't quite as good (Yale's helps you even if you make $100,000 and don't work in a law-related field) and Yale seems to have real advantages placing in clerkships and academia (I'm a 0L so take with appropriate grain of salt). Obviously whether all that overcomes Stanford's weather, faculty, ties to Silicon Valley, etc. is up to each person, but I think there's a reason Yale is more selective and has a higher yield rate than Stanford.[/quote]

Just curious, but where are you getting that Yale places better in clerkships? I seem to recall reading stuff that said HYS place about 1/3 of their students in clerkships across the board.

User avatar
Elston Gunn
Posts: 3444
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby Elston Gunn » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:06 am

Would be a really hard choice (that I'm sure I won't have to make). I'm from California, used to live right next to Palo Alto and absolutely LOVE Stanford, but it has its disadvantages. Its 1L schedule is much more rigid (cause Yale almost doesn't have first-year requirements), its LRAP isn't quite as good (Yale's helps you even if you make $100,000 and don't work in a law-related field) and Yale seems to have real advantages placing in clerkships and academia (I'm a 0L so take with appropriate grain of salt). Obviously whether all that overcomes Stanford's weather, faculty, ties to Silicon Valley, etc. is up to each person, but I think there's a reason Yale is more selective and has a higher yield rate than Stanford.


You're using the info about Yale's old LRAP. The new one isn't quite as good, and in practice isn't really much value unless you're doing low paying PI (like legal aid, PD, etc.), but it still is really comforting to have as a back up, since it still just requires you have a job of any kind. I'm not saying Yale is worse than Stanford (I'm at Y, and I think it has some quite significant advantages), I'm just clarifying.

lsacqueen wrote:Just curious, but where are you getting that Yale places better in clerkships? I seem to recall reading stuff that said HYS place about 1/3 of their students in clerkships across the board.


H is more like 10-15% IIRC. It's way lower than YS. S I think out placed Y in their best year (and one of Y's worst ever years), but generally Y out places S by a little.

User avatar
lsacqueen
Posts: 255
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:03 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby lsacqueen » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:32 am

Elston Gunn wrote:
Would be a really hard choice (that I'm sure I won't have to make). I'm from California, used to live right next to Palo Alto and absolutely LOVE Stanford, but it has its disadvantages. Its 1L schedule is much more rigid (cause Yale almost doesn't have first-year requirements), its LRAP isn't quite as good (Yale's helps you even if you make $100,000 and don't work in a law-related field) and Yale seems to have real advantages placing in clerkships and academia (I'm a 0L so take with appropriate grain of salt). Obviously whether all that overcomes Stanford's weather, faculty, ties to Silicon Valley, etc. is up to each person, but I think there's a reason Yale is more selective and has a higher yield rate than Stanford.


You're using the info about Yale's old LRAP. The new one isn't quite as good, and in practice isn't really much value unless you're doing low paying PI (like legal aid, PD, etc.), but it still is really comforting to have as a back up, since it still just requires you have a job of any kind. I'm not saying Yale is worse than Stanford (I'm at Y, and I think it has some quite significant advantages), I'm just clarifying.

lsacqueen wrote:Just curious, but where are you getting that Yale places better in clerkships? I seem to recall reading stuff that said HYS place about 1/3 of their students in clerkships across the board.


H is more like 10-15% IIRC. It's way lower than YS. S I think out placed Y in their best year (and one of Y's worst ever years), but generally Y out places S by a little.


Ok, thanks EG. Link for this?

User avatar
Elston Gunn
Posts: 3444
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby Elston Gunn » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:45 am

lsacqueen wrote:
Elston Gunn wrote:
Would be a really hard choice (that I'm sure I won't have to make). I'm from California, used to live right next to Palo Alto and absolutely LOVE Stanford, but it has its disadvantages. Its 1L schedule is much more rigid (cause Yale almost doesn't have first-year requirements), its LRAP isn't quite as good (Yale's helps you even if you make $100,000 and don't work in a law-related field) and Yale seems to have real advantages placing in clerkships and academia (I'm a 0L so take with appropriate grain of salt). Obviously whether all that overcomes Stanford's weather, faculty, ties to Silicon Valley, etc. is up to each person, but I think there's a reason Yale is more selective and has a higher yield rate than Stanford.


You're using the info about Yale's old LRAP. The new one isn't quite as good, and in practice isn't really much value unless you're doing low paying PI (like legal aid, PD, etc.), but it still is really comforting to have as a back up, since it still just requires you have a job of any kind. I'm not saying Yale is worse than Stanford (I'm at Y, and I think it has some quite significant advantages), I'm just clarifying.

lsacqueen wrote:Just curious, but where are you getting that Yale places better in clerkships? I seem to recall reading stuff that said HYS place about 1/3 of their students in clerkships across the board.


H is more like 10-15% IIRC. It's way lower than YS. S I think out placed Y in their best year (and one of Y's worst ever years), but generally Y out places S by a little.


Ok, thanks EG. Link for this?


It's easy to find on this site if you look. Check the c/o employment threads by Rayiner.

hopeful16
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:58 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby hopeful16 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:38 pm

No info on when we should expect the first calls, but here's a blog post about the personal statement/"story": http://blogs.law.stanford.edu/admission ... about-you/

VasaVasori
Posts: 573
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:36 pm

Post removed...

Postby VasaVasori » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:43 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by VasaVasori on Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:30 pm, edited 11 times in total.

User avatar
uconjak
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:20 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby uconjak » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:56 pm

I would rather go to Stanford....my advisor went to YLS and wants me to go there....I know Yale is a crap shoot for me so ....i will give it a shot. he wrote me a damm good LOR to Yale specifically....I worked for him on a 3 yr research project....plus had him for a class or two. He was our faculty advisor for Mock trial....I was an officer in the organization....I retook the LSAT in December...hopefully my score will come up some and give me a reasonable shot at either. Good luck to all.....

Cherries2013
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:33 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby Cherries2013 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:08 pm

a fayemous blog post, around this time last year, indicating that calls will start:

http://blogs.law.stanford.edu/admission ... shi-moshi/

here's to hoping!

User avatar
RSterling
Posts: 358
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby RSterling » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:39 pm

So what are the chances of some calls going out this week? It looks like last year calls started around this time. Also, does anyone know how the first calls usually go? Is it the people who submitted first or people with auto-admit numbers?

User avatar
spicyyoda17
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby spicyyoda17 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:52 pm

RSterling wrote:So what are the chances of some calls going out this week? It looks like last year calls started around this time. Also, does anyone know how the first calls usually go? Is it the people who submitted first or people with auto-admit numbers?


I'd say 45% chance an acceptance occurs this week. 90% chance they roll out next week. Of course, this is pure speculation.

Looking at the few December admits from LSN last year, it appears that they applied mid-Sept/early Oct. They had solid #s, but there's no such thing really as auto-admit #s for Stanford. They are big on the intangibles.

User avatar
djwjddl
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:50 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby djwjddl » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:52 pm

RSterling wrote:So what are the chances of some calls going out this week? It looks like last year calls started around this time. Also, does anyone know how the first calls usually go? Is it the people who submitted first or people with auto-admit numbers?


from last cycle...

Did this for Yale, so I figure it might be interesting for Stanford, too. Just data mining from last year. Correlating blog comments with LSN admits (with the occasional comment about rejections) and (if I feel super-ambitious) maybe even some TLS comments from last year should yield some information about the basic Stanford admissions calendar. This omits, by the way, anybody who was missing an admit date or didn't have either a submit or a complete date.

Date accepted: complete date or submit date if asterisked, LSAT, GPA

12/11 (Fri): 10/09, 179, 3.83 and 10/21, 170, 3.91, and 10/2, 179, 3.9, and 10/22, 178, 3.96, and 10/2, 169, 3.92, and 10/15, 175, 4, and 10/6, 175, 3.95, and 10/21, 175, 4.03
12/12 (Sat): 10/22, 176, 3.95
12/15 (Tues): 12/1, 173, 4, and 10/29, 179, 3.94, and 11/6, 161, 3.91; blog post not directly related to any of this
12/17 (Thurs): 11/11, 170, 3.89, and 11/18, 171, 4
12/18 (Fri): 11/23*, 175, 3.88; blog post indicating that Stanford is shutting down for the break

1/8 (Fri): blog post indicating that they're back
1/14 (Thurs): 10/29, 171, 3.81
1/15 (Fri): 11/24*, 170, 4.02
1/19 (Tues): 11/6, 171, 3.91, and 11/23, 175, 4.04, and 11/1*, 175, 3.8
1/22 (Fri): 1/19, 168, 4, and 11/10*, 175, 3.62, and 12/14, 178, 3.96, and 1/13, 173, 3.94, and 12/12*, 177, 4.12, and 1/15, 178, 4
1/27-1/29 (Wed-Fri): A whole lot of rejections, the first of the cycle for Stanford.
1/29 (Fri): 1/19, 170, 3.97, and 1/22, 172, 3.92; blog post that indicates that the deadline is approaching, but the class is not yet full

2/1 (Mon): 11/4*, 172, 3.95
2/2 (Tues): 10/26, 173, 3.88
A million rejections in early Feb. From here on, really.
2/11 (Thurs): 10/26*, 166, 3.76
2/24 (Wed): 2/11, 173, 3.84
2/25 (Thurs): 2/12, 167, 3.73, and 10/15, 172, 3.82
2/26 (Fri): blog post indicating that Dean Deal goes out of town in mid-February each year

3/5 (Fri): 11/15, 175, 3.91, and 10/28*, 177, 4.05
3/6 (Sat): 1/6, 174, 3.98
3/29 (Mon): First reported waitlist! This one was 11/19, 171, 3.91.

4/2 (Fri): 11/19, 171, 3.64, and 1/6, 173, 3.85
4/7 (Wed): 1/7, 175, 3.8, and 10/29, 177, 4.1, and 11/3, 174, 3.81, and 12/29*, 178, 3.91
4/8 (Thurs): 12/1, 171, 3.98
4/9 (Fri): 11/25, 168, 4.15, and 10/22, 164, 3.89, and 12/2, 171, 3.85
Decisions keep flowing in through mid-April (mostly slow down at 4/16), but no one else reports an acceptance after this point.
4/11 (Sun): blog post indicating that decisions will be finalized this week

Only 39 people report being accepted to Stanford with enough information to make this list (a decision date and a complete or submit date), which is a pretty small fraction of what they admit, and, as noted over in the Yale topic, these people are applying disproportionately early (probably). Still...

By far the biggest day was the first one (8 admits on 12/11, which is crazy!). Other big dates with 3 or more admits are: 12/15 (3), 1/19 (3), 1/22 (6), 4/7 (4), and 4/9 (3). This indicates that January is likely to be a pretty big month overall for the TLS crowd (and April), but there's no one day that really jumps out (well, maybe the Friday after MLK Jr. Day, which would be 1/21 this year). Also, they definitely do start admitting more people more or less as soon as they come back, although January appears to build up (more decisions in late January than in early January), at least as far as the LSN crowd goes.

I don't know what's up with the total lack of March admits. That seems like data bias more than anything else, but I have no idea why.

Check out that 10/22 complete date who was finally accepted on 4/9. That's not a waitlist or anything. That's a straight-up admit after nearly six months. They apparently do that all through April, because that's not the only October complete date who was admitted in April. Complete date and decision date appear to be only mildly correlated at best; further, while those April admits for October/November completes are mostly people with a (relatively) lower LSAT score or GPA, they're not all. Check out the 4/7 admit with 10/29 complete and 177/4.1 numbers.

If you're just waiting for a rejection, you'll certainly have to wait at least until the end of January, and maybe until the beginning of February or later. A waitlist apparently won't happen until late March. (This seems crazy late, but maybe these are ones that they're hanging onto with the hope of giving a spot that they end up not having. They do appear to do that.)

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby twinkletoes16 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:23 pm

With my 3.7 I'm wondering why I even bothered, looking at the #s above.

User avatar
gingerbreadsmouse
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:51 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby gingerbreadsmouse » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:26 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:With my 3.7 I'm wondering why I even bothered, looking at the #s above.


Ditto. Putting it on those who said, "it's an extra xxx amount for the chance... why not?"

Haven't once given myself the pleasure of considering what it would be like to get in. Oh, well.. the cycle will be interesting to watch either way!

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby twinkletoes16 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:29 pm

gingerbreadsmouse wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:With my 3.7 I'm wondering why I even bothered, looking at the #s above.


Ditto. Putting it on those who said, "it's an extra xxx amount for the chance... why not?"

Haven't once given myself the pleasure of considering what it would be like to get in. Oh, well.. the cycle will be interesting to watch either way!



This...assuming I'm not getting into H, S, or B so mentally prepared already

User avatar
sitwaitwish
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:31 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby sitwaitwish » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:35 pm

djwjddl wrote:
RSterling wrote:So what are the chances of some calls going out this week? It looks like last year calls started around this time. Also, does anyone know how the first calls usually go? Is it the people who submitted first or people with auto-admit numbers?


from last cycle...

Did this for Yale, so I figure it might be interesting for Stanford, too. Just data mining from last year. Correlating blog comments with LSN admits (with the occasional comment about rejections) and (if I feel super-ambitious) maybe even some TLS comments from last year should yield some information about the basic Stanford admissions calendar. This omits, by the way, anybody who was missing an admit date or didn't have either a submit or a complete date.

Date accepted: complete date or submit date if asterisked, LSAT, GPA

12/11 (Fri): 10/09, 179, 3.83 and 10/21, 170, 3.91, and 10/2, 179, 3.9, and 10/22, 178, 3.96, and 10/2, 169, 3.92, and 10/15, 175, 4, and 10/6, 175, 3.95, and 10/21, 175, 4.03
12/12 (Sat): 10/22, 176, 3.95
12/15 (Tues): 12/1, 173, 4, and 10/29, 179, 3.94, and 11/6, 161, 3.91; blog post not directly related to any of this
12/17 (Thurs): 11/11, 170, 3.89, and 11/18, 171, 4
12/18 (Fri): 11/23*, 175, 3.88; blog post indicating that Stanford is shutting down for the break

1/8 (Fri): blog post indicating that they're back
1/14 (Thurs): 10/29, 171, 3.81
1/15 (Fri): 11/24*, 170, 4.02
1/19 (Tues): 11/6, 171, 3.91, and 11/23, 175, 4.04, and 11/1*, 175, 3.8
1/22 (Fri): 1/19, 168, 4, and 11/10*, 175, 3.62, and 12/14, 178, 3.96, and 1/13, 173, 3.94, and 12/12*, 177, 4.12, and 1/15, 178, 4
1/27-1/29 (Wed-Fri): A whole lot of rejections, the first of the cycle for Stanford.
1/29 (Fri): 1/19, 170, 3.97, and 1/22, 172, 3.92; blog post that indicates that the deadline is approaching, but the class is not yet full

2/1 (Mon): 11/4*, 172, 3.95
2/2 (Tues): 10/26, 173, 3.88
A million rejections in early Feb. From here on, really.
2/11 (Thurs): 10/26*, 166, 3.76
2/24 (Wed): 2/11, 173, 3.84
2/25 (Thurs): 2/12, 167, 3.73, and 10/15, 172, 3.82
2/26 (Fri): blog post indicating that Dean Deal goes out of town in mid-February each year

3/5 (Fri): 11/15, 175, 3.91, and 10/28*, 177, 4.05
3/6 (Sat): 1/6, 174, 3.98
3/29 (Mon): First reported waitlist! This one was 11/19, 171, 3.91.

4/2 (Fri): 11/19, 171, 3.64, and 1/6, 173, 3.85
4/7 (Wed): 1/7, 175, 3.8, and 10/29, 177, 4.1, and 11/3, 174, 3.81, and 12/29*, 178, 3.91
4/8 (Thurs): 12/1, 171, 3.98
4/9 (Fri): 11/25, 168, 4.15, and 10/22, 164, 3.89, and 12/2, 171, 3.85
Decisions keep flowing in through mid-April (mostly slow down at 4/16), but no one else reports an acceptance after this point.
4/11 (Sun): blog post indicating that decisions will be finalized this week

Only 39 people report being accepted to Stanford with enough information to make this list (a decision date and a complete or submit date), which is a pretty small fraction of what they admit, and, as noted over in the Yale topic, these people are applying disproportionately early (probably). Still...

By far the biggest day was the first one (8 admits on 12/11, which is crazy!). Other big dates with 3 or more admits are: 12/15 (3), 1/19 (3), 1/22 (6), 4/7 (4), and 4/9 (3). This indicates that January is likely to be a pretty big month overall for the TLS crowd (and April), but there's no one day that really jumps out (well, maybe the Friday after MLK Jr. Day, which would be 1/21 this year). Also, they definitely do start admitting more people more or less as soon as they come back, although January appears to build up (more decisions in late January than in early January), at least as far as the LSN crowd goes.

I don't know what's up with the total lack of March admits. That seems like data bias more than anything else, but I have no idea why.

Check out that 10/22 complete date who was finally accepted on 4/9. That's not a waitlist or anything. That's a straight-up admit after nearly six months. They apparently do that all through April, because that's not the only October complete date who was admitted in April. Complete date and decision date appear to be only mildly correlated at best; further, while those April admits for October/November completes are mostly people with a (relatively) lower LSAT score or GPA, they're not all. Check out the 4/7 admit with 10/29 complete and 177/4.1 numbers.

If you're just waiting for a rejection, you'll certainly have to wait at least until the end of January, and maybe until the beginning of February or later. A waitlist apparently won't happen until late March. (This seems crazy late, but maybe these are ones that they're hanging onto with the hope of giving a spot that they end up not having. They do appear to do that.)


As depressing as this is, thanks for putting in the time!

vzapana
Posts: 530
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:54 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby vzapana » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:15 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:
gingerbreadsmouse wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:With my 3.7 I'm wondering why I even bothered, looking at the #s above.


Ditto. Putting it on those who said, "it's an extra xxx amount for the chance... why not?"

Haven't once given myself the pleasure of considering what it would be like to get in. Oh, well.. the cycle will be interesting to watch either way!



This...assuming I'm not getting into H, S, or B so mentally prepared already


Hey remember that tls isn't representative of the applicant pool, and S accepted a 3.30 applicant, according to the most recent viewbook. (Of course, that 3.3 applicant probably didn't have mediocre lsats, extracurriculars and recs...)

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby twinkletoes16 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:19 am

vzapana wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:
gingerbreadsmouse wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:With my 3.7 I'm wondering why I even bothered, looking at the #s above.


Ditto. Putting it on those who said, "it's an extra xxx amount for the chance... why not?"

Haven't once given myself the pleasure of considering what it would be like to get in. Oh, well.. the cycle will be interesting to watch either way!



This...assuming I'm not getting into H, S, or B so mentally prepared already


Hey remember that tls isn't representative of the applicant pool, and S accepted a 3.30 applicant, according to the most recent viewbook. (Of course, that 3.3 applicant probably didn't have mediocre lsats, extracurriculars and recs...)


I'm mediocre except for being a girl with a high LSAT, apparently something sought after in this cycle from what I've read. 1/3 170+ test takers are women, and with even less 170s, we are in demand! This is what I tell myself to sleep at night. It is a fact, but I doubt it'll get me anywhere.

Chaucer1343
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:22 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby Chaucer1343 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:50 am

.
Last edited by Chaucer1343 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

hannahk
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:21 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby hannahk » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:11 pm

Chaucer1343 wrote:I recently emailed: mgellner@law.stanford.edu. It has been about 10 days with no response. Anyone else experience a similar situation with this person?

She is an "Admissions Specialist."

--LinkRemoved-- ... s/contacts


I don't know what your question is but I would suggest just calling the office directly. That's often the most efficient way and it sounds like your question has been pending for quite some time.

User avatar
spicyyoda17
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby spicyyoda17 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:14 pm

Maybe it's the chill vibes of those drawn to California, but I am one-part impressed and one-part disappointed (only because it's fun) at the lack of neurotic and hyper-sensitive anticipation ITT that plagues most applicants awaiting the first batch of decisions.

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby WhiteyCakes » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:22 pm

spicyyoda17 wrote:Maybe it's the chill vibes of those drawn to California, but I am one-part impressed and one-part disappointed (only because it's fun) at the lack of neurotic and hyper-sensitive anticipation ITT that plagues most applicants awaiting the first batch of decisions.


That's because this thread has been monopolized by people freaking out about status checkers




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aaron1621, BrainsyK, Chipotle85, combatboots33, curry1, ellielaw, oliviaj_j, Outis Onoma, piesandcookies, reydingo, URM_lawnerd and 22 guests