Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby helix23 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:17 pm

Soon half a year will have passed since I applied to Stanford...

MacB
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:26 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby MacB » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:19 pm

helix23 wrote:Soon half a year will have passed since I applied to Stanford...


It sounds a little stupid when you say it like that, doesn't it? I'm clocking 5 months right now...

5buildingsin1
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:27 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby 5buildingsin1 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:07 pm

So...both my emails just went lowercase. Anyone else have that happen? How confident is the collective intelligence of the board on this 'indication'?

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby helix23 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:10 pm

5buildingsin1 wrote:So...both my emails just went lowercase. Anyone else have that happen? How confident is the collective intelligence of the board on this 'indication'?


no way

User avatar
jselson
Posts: 6337
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:51 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby jselson » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:17 pm

5buildingsin1 wrote:So...both my emails just went lowercase. Anyone else have that happen? How confident is the collective intelligence of the board on this 'indication'?


You're in, congrats!

When did you apply?

5buildingsin1
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:27 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby 5buildingsin1 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:30 pm

Complete 1/9 but had an issue with cert form ... Went ur on 2/5.

iteachtenthgrade
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:42 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby iteachtenthgrade » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:31 pm

5buildingsin1 wrote:So...both my emails just went lowercase. Anyone else have that happen? How confident is the collective intelligence of the board on this 'indication'?


is anyone's status checker not working?!? i'm really worried.

iteachtenthgrade
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:42 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby iteachtenthgrade » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:34 pm

5buildingsin1, when were you complete? also stats?

User avatar
clouded.memory
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:26 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby clouded.memory » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:34 pm

iteachtenthgrade wrote:
5buildingsin1 wrote:So...both my emails just went lowercase. Anyone else have that happen? How confident is the collective intelligence of the board on this 'indication'?


is anyone's status checker not working?!? i'm really worried.

Mine is - I'm using it right now.

WaitingandHopeful
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby WaitingandHopeful » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:03 pm

Decision letter sent today.

No email change, no phone call. Wasn't really expecting otherwise. Good luck to everyone else.

Submitted 11/23

orbotop
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:28 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby orbotop » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:00 pm

friend of mine claims to have had the same caps situation since november...no DLS, no ding, no anything for him. so i don't think it conveys any decision.

ManOfTheMinute wrote:
tirakon wrote:Up until today, both my primary and secondary email addresses were in all caps.

Today, my primary email has been changed to lower-case, but my secondary email address is still in all caps.

Has this happened to anybody else?

Has the case-change/acceptance correlation only been verified in scenarios where both emails change, or has it been confirmed for people like me?

(I went complete in mid-January, for what it's worth.)


Party time!!!!!!!!

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:29 pm

SLS is now tied with the TTT known as HLS. We should all withdraw to save our dignity.

Anonymous4444
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:41 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby Anonymous4444 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:35 pm

+1 im waiting to get in so that when i withdraw it makes them feel worse

tirakon
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:16 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby tirakon » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:42 pm

orbotop wrote:friend of mine claims to have had the same caps situation since november...no DLS, no ding, no anything for him. so i don't think it conveys any decision.

ManOfTheMinute wrote:
tirakon wrote:Up until today, both my primary and secondary email addresses were in all caps.

Today, my primary email has been changed to lower-case, but my secondary email address is still in all caps.

Has this happened to anybody else?

Has the case-change/acceptance correlation only been verified in scenarios where both emails change, or has it been confirmed for people like me?

(I went complete in mid-January, for what it's worth.)


Party time!!!!!!!!


Edit: I combed through the thread a little more carefully, and it does seem that it's just the primary that changes. Now I'm very excited. I'll be sure to check in tomorrow and let everyone know what happens!
Last edited by tirakon on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
HankBashir
Posts: 536
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:01 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby HankBashir » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:19 am

My birthday is next week. I'm hoping that Stanford is just waiting to admit me then as the best birthday present ever.

Anonymous4444
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:41 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby Anonymous4444 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:12 am

My birthday is in October they better not make this a thing

User avatar
Audeamus
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby Audeamus » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:12 am

I have a question about whether or not to include something in a LOCI I am writing. I don't want to post it here because it would destroy anonymity but would really appreciate it if someone would be willing to give me their opinion via pm. any takers? thanks!

User avatar
yarsten
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby yarsten » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:31 am

Just got back from a visit to Stanford- went to a class, checked out housing etc (I was in the area).

Probably shouldn't have done that- now I will cry for days if not admitted.

User avatar
gingerbreadsmouse
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:51 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby gingerbreadsmouse » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:34 am

Audeamus wrote:I have a question about whether or not to include something in a LOCI I am writing. I don't want to post it here because it would destroy anonymity but would really appreciate it if someone would be willing to give me their opinion via pm. any takers? thanks!


I'd be happy to if you want!

User avatar
gingerbreadsmouse
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:51 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby gingerbreadsmouse » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:34 am

HankBashir wrote:My birthday is next week. I'm hoping that Stanford is just waiting to admit me then as the best birthday present ever.


Mine is this week. UGH

iteachtenthgrade
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:42 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby iteachtenthgrade » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:44 am

Hilariously enough, it appears that my status checker legitimately isn't working. Yes, the one that I check (and which works) every day! Maybe they're updating to DLS. Hahaha.

miguelfoogo
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:09 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby miguelfoogo » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:46 am

Random question:

My status has been "Your file has been submitted for review" since mid November. Do all your statuses say that now that you are under review, or is there simply an "Under Review" status.

User avatar
Lar-ties
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:57 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby Lar-ties » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:48 am

miguelfoogo wrote:Random question:

My status has been "Your file has been submitted for review" since mid November. Do all your statuses say that now that you are under review, or is there simply an "Under Review" status.


Mine says the same. I wish I could tell you if that was a good or bad thing...

User avatar
ssanonymous
Posts: 513
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby ssanonymous » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:55 am

Lar-ties wrote:
miguelfoogo wrote:Random question:

My status has been "Your file has been submitted for review" since mid November. Do all your statuses say that now that you are under review, or is there simply an "Under Review" status.


Mine says the same. I wish I could tell you if that was a good or bad thing...


This is all over the thread. It stays at "Your file has been submitted for review" until you get a DLS or a phone call acceptance.

orbotop
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:28 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby orbotop » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:35 pm

telling ya, after my post last night on this i asked my buddy to confirm. he's got lower case primary/upper case secondary since November. not a peep from SLS, still says "Your file has been submitted for review." don't think it means anything.

tirakon wrote:
orbotop wrote:friend of mine claims to have had the same caps situation since november...no DLS, no ding, no anything for him. so i don't think it conveys any decision.

ManOfTheMinute wrote:
tirakon wrote:Up until today, both my primary and secondary email addresses were in all caps.

Today, my primary email has been changed to lower-case, but my secondary email address is still in all caps.

Has this happened to anybody else?

Has the case-change/acceptance correlation only been verified in scenarios where both emails change, or has it been confirmed for people like me?

(I went complete in mid-January, for what it's worth.)


Party time!!!!!!!!


Edit: I combed through the thread a little more carefully, and it does seem that it's just the primary that changes. Now I'm very excited. I'll be sure to check in tomorrow and let everyone know what happens!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin, JazzyMac, Kaziende, Long shot hero and 5 guests