Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
nanochick
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:05 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby nanochick » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:52 pm

curious66 wrote:
nanochick wrote:The gates to paradise have closed for me. Best of luck to the rest!


May new doors open for you very quickly -- Best of luck! DLS here as well.


Same to you. Hug.

User avatar
gingerbreadsmouse
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:51 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby gingerbreadsmouse » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:54 pm

So sorry, guys :(

When were your complete dates?

And you will have so many other wonderful options!

nanochick
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:05 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby nanochick » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:54 pm

gingerbreadsmouse wrote:So sorry, guys :(

When were your complete dates?

And you will have so many other wonderful options!


A week before thanksgiving

curious66
Posts: 381
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby curious66 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:04 pm

nanochick wrote:
gingerbreadsmouse wrote:So sorry, guys :(

When were your complete dates?

And you will have so many other wonderful options!


A week before thanksgiving


end of October here.

User avatar
RSterling
Posts: 358
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby RSterling » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:33 pm

What's the SLS policy for submitting additional letters of recommendation? I am a September complete and am looking to write an LOCI. I only have a few minor things to update, and I was thinking of submitting an additional letter through LSAC. Thoughts?

User avatar
txdude45
Posts: 912
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby txdude45 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:17 pm

RSterling wrote:What's the SLS policy for submitting additional letters of recommendation? I am a September complete and am looking to write an LOCI. I only have a few minor things to update, and I was thinking of submitting an additional letter through LSAC. Thoughts?


Its hard for me to imagine a situation where a new LOR is appropriate before there's any action taken on their part. This is assuming you sent the maximum # of LORs with your application. A LOCI is one thing (full disclosure: I sent one last week), but if they were willing to get more letters, they wouldn't have the cap where it is. Deal mentioned that LOCIs were fine (encouraged even), but a new LOR seems to be too much.

KTG
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:41 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby KTG » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:47 pm

What is the email address you all have been using for LOCI?

User avatar
txdude45
Posts: 912
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby txdude45 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:51 pm

KTG wrote:What is the email address you all have been using for LOCI?


admissions@law.stanford.edu

User avatar
RSterling
Posts: 358
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby RSterling » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:23 pm

txdude45 wrote:
RSterling wrote:What's the SLS policy for submitting additional letters of recommendation? I am a September complete and am looking to write an LOCI. I only have a few minor things to update, and I was thinking of submitting an additional letter through LSAC. Thoughts?


Its hard for me to imagine a situation where a new LOR is appropriate before there's any action taken on their part. This is assuming you sent the maximum # of LORs with your application. A LOCI is one thing (full disclosure: I sent one last week), but if they were willing to get more letters, they wouldn't have the cap where it is. Deal mentioned that LOCIs were fine (encouraged even), but a new LOR seems to be too much.


I actually only originally sent 2 of the 4 maximum. So I guess a third one might not hurt. It's already written; I just didn't submit it to stanford because it wasn't targeted.

User avatar
txdude45
Posts: 912
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby txdude45 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:38 pm

RSterling wrote:I actually only originally sent 2 of the 4 maximum. So I guess a third one might not hurt. It's already written; I just didn't submit it to stanford because it wasn't targeted.


In that case, I'd send it. I'm no expert though.

elee
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:57 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby elee » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:56 pm

DLS today

User avatar
Lighthouseman
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:20 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby Lighthouseman » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:58 pm

Is the status checker not working for anyone?

User avatar
pannekoeken
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:07 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby pannekoeken » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:04 pm

Anyone have any stats about how likely it is to get off the waitlist at Stanford? It seems likelier and likelier everyday that I'm headed toward the WL... I'm down to ride it out since I want to attend so badly but I also don't want to count my chickens before they hatch.

User avatar
xiaojimu
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:31 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby xiaojimu » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:39 pm

been DLS for almost two weeks and still haven't got the letter.
just called admissions and they said they will email it to me 0.0

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:41 pm

xiaojimu wrote:been DLS for almost two weeks and still haven't got the letter.
just called admissions and they said they will email it to me 0.0


Hahahaha ouch. Did they just email you "Rejected?"

User avatar
xiaojimu
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:31 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby xiaojimu » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:42 pm

ManOfTheMinute wrote:
xiaojimu wrote:been DLS for almost two weeks and still haven't got the letter.
just called admissions and they said they will email it to me 0.0


Hahahaha ouch. Did they just email you "Rejected?"


dude, I haven't received the email yet...

User avatar
clouded.memory
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:26 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby clouded.memory » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:43 pm

Lighthouseman wrote:Is the status checker not working for anyone?

Yes.

User avatar
xiaojimu
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:31 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby xiaojimu » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:44 pm

xiaojimu wrote:
ManOfTheMinute wrote:
xiaojimu wrote:been DLS for almost two weeks and still haven't got the letter.
just called admissions and they said they will email it to me 0.0


Hahahaha ouch. Did they just email you "Rejected?"


dude, I haven't received the email yet...


okay, just got it. its a "nicely" written RJ :/

User avatar
hyjintherye
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:09 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby hyjintherye » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:50 pm

clouded.memory wrote:
Lighthouseman wrote:Is the status checker not working for anyone?

Yes.


Mine works just fine. I wonder if y'all are getting the lovely gift of lowercase conversion :)

User avatar
clouded.memory
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:26 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby clouded.memory » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:03 pm

hyjintherye wrote:
clouded.memory wrote:
Lighthouseman wrote:Is the status checker not working for anyone?

Yes.


Mine works just fine. I wonder if y'all are getting the lovely gift of lowercase conversion :)

Please no...

ETA: It's working now, and no lowercase conversion. So I guess I'm safe... for now.

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:08 pm

Wormfather wrote:LOWERCASE EMAIL!!!!!!


OMG OMG OMG - its almost like we didn't all see it coming!!

Hahaha congrats though worm :)

ht2988
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby ht2988 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:11 pm

DLS

User avatar
pedestrian
Posts: 461
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:38 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby pedestrian » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:19 pm

ht2988 wrote:DLS


Nooooooo!!!!

User avatar
jselson
Posts: 6337
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:51 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby jselson » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:20 pm

Wormfather wrote:LOWERCASE EMAIL!!!!!!


Awesome, dude, you deserve it

User avatar
hyjintherye
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:09 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby hyjintherye » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:22 pm

Wormfather wrote:LOWERCASE EMAIL!!!!!!


Congratulations!!! :P




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin, funzies and 9 guests