Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby twinkletoes16 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:34 pm

Dumb question I'm hoping someone can help me with- on the app it says to write the name of the person who did the dean's certification. I have no idea who did it and it's a required box. If I called Stanford and asked for confirmation they received it as well as the name of whoever signed it, would I look like an idiot? I called my UG institution and they never got back to me. I just hope it went through and made it to Stanford...such an antiquated, dumb requirement. :roll:

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby helix23 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:36 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:Dumb question I'm hoping someone can help me with- on the app it says to write the name of the person who did the dean's certification. I have no idea who did it and it's a required box. If I called Stanford and asked for confirmation they received it as well as the name of whoever signed it, would I look like an idiot? I called my UG institution and they never got back to me. I just hope it went through and made it to Stanford...such an antiquated, dumb requirement. :roll:


If you don't know, just write the department that handled it. Originally I got in contact with the dean of students and he told me to just forward it to the general registrars office and they handled it. I think I just put "registrars office" on the app.

EDIT: But I haven't been accepted or rejected so take it for what it's worth.

User avatar
trojandave
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby trojandave » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:38 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:Dumb question I'm hoping someone can help me with- on the app it says to write the name of the person who did the dean's certification. I have no idea who did it and it's a required box. If I called Stanford and asked for confirmation they received it as well as the name of whoever signed it, would I look like an idiot? I called my UG institution and they never got back to me. I just hope it went through and made it to Stanford...such an antiquated, dumb requirement. :roll:


I had the same question so I called the undergrad institution's academic records dept and asked them who does these things. Errr rather not who actually does the work, but whose name they stamp on all of them before sending them out. (Usually it's the dean of students, so you'll probably use his/her name.)

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby twinkletoes16 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:40 pm

helix23 wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:Dumb question I'm hoping someone can help me with- on the app it says to write the name of the person who did the dean's certification. I have no idea who did it and it's a required box. If I called Stanford and asked for confirmation they received it as well as the name of whoever signed it, would I look like an idiot? I called my UG institution and they never got back to me. I just hope it went through and made it to Stanford...such an antiquated, dumb requirement. :roll:


If you don't know, just write the department that handled it. Originally I got in contact with the dean of students and he told me to just forward it to the general registrars office and they handled it. I think I just put "registrars office" on the app.

EDIT: But I haven't been accepted or rejected so take it for what it's worth.



At this point I think I'll just do that rather than call SLS admissions office and look like a douche/idiot. Better to be thought a fool...blah blah blah not like i 'm getting in anyway but might as well try.

btw i've seen you all over this site, i think we're applying to identical-ish schools.

AND HEY EVERYONE THIS ISN'T ABOUT THE STATUS CHECKER! cause i don't even have one yet :oops:

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby twinkletoes16 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:41 pm

trojandave wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:Dumb question I'm hoping someone can help me with- on the app it says to write the name of the person who did the dean's certification. I have no idea who did it and it's a required box. If I called Stanford and asked for confirmation they received it as well as the name of whoever signed it, would I look like an idiot? I called my UG institution and they never got back to me. I just hope it went through and made it to Stanford...such an antiquated, dumb requirement. :roll:


I had the same question so I called the undergrad institution's academic records dept and asked them who does these things. Errr rather not who actually does the work, but whose name they stamp on all of them before sending them out. (Usually it's the dean of students, so you'll probably use his/her name.)



I'll try calling them tomorrow and see if I can get a name or...something. At least I can bug 'em while they're open and then hopefully submit tomorrow night/this weekend.

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby digifly » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:19 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:
trojandave wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:Dumb question I'm hoping someone can help me with- on the app it says to write the name of the person who did the dean's certification. I have no idea who did it and it's a required box. If I called Stanford and asked for confirmation they received it as well as the name of whoever signed it, would I look like an idiot? I called my UG institution and they never got back to me. I just hope it went through and made it to Stanford...such an antiquated, dumb requirement. :roll:


I had the same question so I called the undergrad institution's academic records dept and asked them who does these things. Errr rather not who actually does the work, but whose name they stamp on all of them before sending them out. (Usually it's the dean of students, so you'll probably use his/her name.)



I'll try calling them tomorrow and see if I can get a name or...something. At least I can bug 'em while they're open and then hopefully submit tomorrow night/this weekend.


Mine was filled out by the Dean of Students.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby helix23 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:10 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:
helix23 wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:Dumb question I'm hoping someone can help me with- on the app it says to write the name of the person who did the dean's certification. I have no idea who did it and it's a required box. If I called Stanford and asked for confirmation they received it as well as the name of whoever signed it, would I look like an idiot? I called my UG institution and they never got back to me. I just hope it went through and made it to Stanford...such an antiquated, dumb requirement. :roll:


If you don't know, just write the department that handled it. Originally I got in contact with the dean of students and he told me to just forward it to the general registrars office and they handled it. I think I just put "registrars office" on the app.

EDIT: But I haven't been accepted or rejected so take it for what it's worth.



At this point I think I'll just do that rather than call SLS admissions office and look like a douche/idiot. Better to be thought a fool...blah blah blah not like i 'm getting in anyway but might as well try.

btw i've seen you all over this site, i think we're applying to identical-ish schools.

AND HEY EVERYONE THIS ISN'T ABOUT THE STATUS CHECKER! cause i don't even have one yet :oops:


If you're really paranoid about it, call whoever you sent it to at your UG and get a name. I highly doubt the name you put down will make or break your app...

User avatar
djwjddl
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:50 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby djwjddl » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:16 pm

took over a week for my dean's cert to get processed. not too excited about the delay. finally UR.

hannahk
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:21 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby hannahk » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:00 pm

Hey all! Sorry for the bump... does anyone have any predictions for when Stanford will start contacting people? I've seen the charts (obsessively looked at them, in fact) and noticed that in past years, some people had heard by now.

User avatar
loomstate
Posts: 375
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:07 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby loomstate » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:14 pm

djwjddl wrote:took over a week for my dean's cert to get processed. not too excited about the delay. finally UR.


how did you find out?

User avatar
djwjddl
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:50 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby djwjddl » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:23 pm

Confirmed my dean cert had been received (11/27) after calling multiple times before even though my pre professional advisor who writes them told me she had sent it in about a week prior. Then called again as my status had not been updated on 11/30 at which point the admin told me they were in the process of updating apps as we spoke. Sure enough, a few hours later, my status changed to UR

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby digifly » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:52 pm

hannahk wrote:Hey all! Sorry for the bump... does anyone have any predictions for when Stanford will start contacting people? I've seen the charts (obsessively looked at them, in fact) and noticed that in past years, some people had heard by now.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s88r_q7oufE

User avatar
sinfiery
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby sinfiery » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:48 pm

Complete and UR 12/3! Sent 11/28.

hdivine
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:27 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby hdivine » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:05 am

twinkletoes16 wrote:Dumb question I'm hoping someone can help me with- on the app it says to write the name of the person who did the dean's certification. I have no idea who did it and it's a required box. If I called Stanford and asked for confirmation they received it as well as the name of whoever signed it, would I look like an idiot? I called my UG institution and they never got back to me. I just hope it went through and made it to Stanford...such an antiquated, dumb requirement. :roll:



I called my UG and checked with them. They gave me a list of names. I sent them a cover letter with my form explaining the situation and asked them to have a specific person fill it out and to email me to let me know. They were luckily kind enough to oblige.

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby twinkletoes16 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:29 am

sinfiery wrote:Complete and UR 12/3! Sent 11/28.



Ooh, that was FAST! Hoping mine goes UR that fast. I submitted 12/1.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby helix23 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:53 am

sinfiery wrote:Complete and UR 12/3! Sent 11/28.


wow must be a good sign. i'm still sitting on a 9/18 complete/submitted for review. unless you think that means UR.

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby digifly » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:58 am

I got the impression that "submitted for review" was the last thing we would hear from SLS, update-wise. Have people actually progressed to "under review?"

User avatar
sinfiery
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby sinfiery » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:02 am

helix23 wrote:
sinfiery wrote:Complete and UR 12/3! Sent 11/28.


wow must be a good sign. i'm still sitting on a 9/18 complete/submitted for review. unless you think that means UR.

Oh, there's an under review that isn't submitted for review?

I don't like this whole waiting thing.

twinkletoes16 wrote:Ooh, that was FAST! Hoping mine goes UR that fast. I submitted 12/1.


I think it helped that I got my dean letter sent in before I sent my apps

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby helix23 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:03 am

digifly wrote:I got the impression that "submitted for review" was the last thing we would hear from SLS, update-wise. Have people actually progressed to "under review?"


went to c/o 2015 thread to check. saw it was 130+ pages. extracted this gem out of it and bounced:

Image

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby digifly » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:06 am

helix23 wrote:
digifly wrote:I got the impression that "submitted for review" was the last thing we would hear from SLS, update-wise. Have people actually progressed to "under review?"


went to c/o 2015 thread to check. saw it was 130+ pages. extracted this gem out of it and bounced:

Image


That explains everything!

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby helix23 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:07 am

yes I'm glad it lives on. Now the c/o 2017 will see it when they check this thread for reference :D

User avatar
sinfiery
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby sinfiery » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:09 am

Looks bad for Georgia residents.


Thank you Texas!

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby digifly » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:01 pm

From 2011 thread, pg. 15:

"What do your guys' status updates say?

Mine has said "Your file has been submitted for review" for almost 6 weeks now.."


"That's the last step before a decision."

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby twinkletoes16 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:07 pm

digifly wrote:From 2011 thread, pg. 15:

"What do your guys' status updates say?

Mine has said "Your file has been submitted for review" for almost 6 weeks now.."


"That's the last step before a decision."



Pants shat.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby shntn » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:08 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:
digifly wrote:From 2011 thread, pg. 15:

"What do your guys' status updates say?

Mine has said "Your file has been submitted for review" for almost 6 weeks now.."


"That's the last step before a decision."



Pants shat.

Gross, dude.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: adamcohen3, lawschool2017712, Leliana, pizzagoblin, Rio123 and 17 guests