Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MacB
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:26 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby MacB » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:30 pm

xiaojimu wrote:Hi guys, I just tried to login to check my status, but I can't login!!
it says User ID or Password is Not Valid, does anyone else have this problem?


Are you fucking w/ me, man? Haha, use the link in the email that they sent you originally.

User avatar
wert3813
Posts: 1408
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby wert3813 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:32 pm

xiaojimu wrote:Hi guys, I just tried to login to check my status, but I can't login!!
it says User ID or Password is Not Valid, does anyone else have this problem?


Not that I've heard or seen and I've been in this thread since near the beginning. Really disconcerting that the status checker my not work for some people. Maybe someone, anyone, on here might be able to help you out I hope.

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby WhiteyCakes » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:32 pm

xiaojimu wrote:Hi guys, I just tried to login to check my status, but I can't login!!
it says User ID or Password is Not Valid, does anyone else have this problem?


I hate this thread.

User avatar
xiaojimu
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:31 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby xiaojimu » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:32 pm

MacB wrote:
xiaojimu wrote:Hi guys, I just tried to login to check my status, but I can't login!!
it says User ID or Password is Not Valid, does anyone else have this problem?


Are you fucking w/ me, man? Haha, use the link in the email that they sent you originally.


oh, sorry, my mind is a bit off lately since im under some heavy allergy medications.
Thx MacB :)

MacB
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:26 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby MacB » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:34 pm

xiaojimu wrote:
MacB wrote:
xiaojimu wrote:Hi guys, I just tried to login to check my status, but I can't login!!
it says User ID or Password is Not Valid, does anyone else have this problem?


Are you fucking w/ me, man? Haha, use the link in the email that they sent you originally.


oh, sorry, my mind is a bit off lately since im under some heavy allergy medications.
Thx MacB :)


Really it's not your fault, we're just having a laugh. Somebody asks that question at least every one or two pages and has basically since this thread started, haha.

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby 04102014 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:36 pm

WhiteyCakes wrote:
xiaojimu wrote:Hi guys, I just tried to login to check my status, but I can't login!!
it says User ID or Password is Not Valid, does anyone else have this problem?


I hate this thread.


I lol'd

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:51 pm

xiaojimu wrote:oh, sorry, my mind is a bit off lately since im under some heavy allergy medications.
Thx MacB :)


You should send in a LOCI, with an addendum explaining how your LOCI is not representative of your real potential because your mind is off a bit due to heavy allergy meds

BigZuck
Posts: 10850
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby BigZuck » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:56 pm

WhiteyCakes wrote:I fucking love this thread.


Fixed

User avatar
ssanonymous
Posts: 513
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby ssanonymous » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:12 pm

xjustyoursmile wrote:
ssanonymous wrote:
digifly wrote:Submitted for review 11/18. Thanks to MOTM's post, I'm seriously conflicted about whether or not I should be sending a LOCI now: what's the consensus? Send now, ask questions later?


No November applicants have been rejected yet, so you don't know if you're a soft hold or not. Unless you have something INCREDIBLE to add, I'd wait. I submitted a LOCI last month but that's only because I thought my new softs would make a big difference to my application.

Edit to vent: STANFORD! SOME MOVEMENT! PLEASE!


Would getting a promotion at work be a big difference soft? It's not that big of a promotion either, I just went from sales associate to sales lead in three months since starting my first job.

The high school mock trial team I'm coaching is also on their way to quarter and hopefully semi-finals, although I'm not sure how comfortable I'd feel saying that I'm making a difference in the team's success because it's the students that are competing and not me.

Previously I was wondering if a LOCI talking about how I can contribute back to the school because of my history of contributing back to the community would work. I'm a November app.


I don't know... I'm not sure how much impact this will have on your app. They're not huge updates or super strong softs. You can write an inspiring essay about your mock trial team if you haven't mentioned it in your app already.

User avatar
xjustyoursmile
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:23 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby xjustyoursmile » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:49 pm

ssanonymous wrote:
xjustyoursmile wrote:
ssanonymous wrote:
digifly wrote:Submitted for review 11/18. Thanks to MOTM's post, I'm seriously conflicted about whether or not I should be sending a LOCI now: what's the consensus? Send now, ask questions later?


No November applicants have been rejected yet, so you don't know if you're a soft hold or not. Unless you have something INCREDIBLE to add, I'd wait. I submitted a LOCI last month but that's only because I thought my new softs would make a big difference to my application.

Edit to vent: STANFORD! SOME MOVEMENT! PLEASE!


Would getting a promotion at work be a big difference soft? It's not that big of a promotion either, I just went from sales associate to sales lead in three months since starting my first job.

The high school mock trial team I'm coaching is also on their way to quarter and hopefully semi-finals, although I'm not sure how comfortable I'd feel saying that I'm making a difference in the team's success because it's the students that are competing and not me.

Previously I was wondering if a LOCI talking about how I can contribute back to the school because of my history of contributing back to the community would work. I'm a November app.


I don't know... I'm not sure how much impact this will have on your app. They're not huge updates or super strong softs. You can write an inspiring essay about your mock trial team if you haven't mentioned it in your app already.


My personal essay was about how mock trial inspired me so do you think a LOCI on how I feel I'm inspiring my students would add to it? Thanks for you help!

User avatar
trojandave
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby trojandave » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:04 pm

I probably just got dinged so take this for what it's worth...

But I don't think you ever want to send an LOCI because you think you need to. I think you should only send one because you actually have a worthwhile update that you're excited about and you want to. The former may smell of desperation and most likely won't add anything of value. The latter is one of those things that you know it when you have it. And, unfortunately, if you don't have it you can't really fake it

Edit: But if you're always going to wonder what if, don't listen to me. Just do it

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby helix23 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:14 pm

trojandave wrote:I probably just got dinged so take this for what it's worth...

But I don't think you ever want to send an LOCI because you think you need to. I think you should only send one because you actually have a worthwhile update that you're excited about and you want to. The former may smell of desperation and most likely won't add anything of value. The latter is one of those things that you know it when you have it. And, unfortunately, if you don't have it you can't really fake it

Edit: But if you're always going to wonder what if, don't listen to me. Just do it


if it expedites my ding (someone please feel free to use this humorously out of context) then I'm sending this shit in right away.

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9635
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby jbagelboy » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:28 pm

any new DLS today?

User avatar
trojandave
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby trojandave » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:32 pm

helix23 wrote:
wrote:LOCI Idea:
--ImageRemoved--


if it expedites my ding (someone please feel free to use this humorously out of context) then I'm sending this shit in right away.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby helix23 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:07 pm

so many lulz in this. can't even say.

User avatar
ssanonymous
Posts: 513
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby ssanonymous » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:40 pm

Another Oct rejection on LSN.

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby WhiteyCakes » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:19 pm

Still alive

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby helix23 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:20 pm

WhiteyCakes wrote:Still alive

TrustInMusic
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:39 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby TrustInMusic » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:22 pm

dat uppercase email

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby helix23 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:24 pm

DONT CLICK THAT LINK

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby WhiteyCakes » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:25 pm

helix23 wrote:DONTCLICK THAT LINK AT WORK


ftfy

TrustInMusic
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:39 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby TrustInMusic » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:25 pm

johnjohnthefifth wrote:-deleted link-


Man that wasn't cool
Last edited by TrustInMusic on Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
rehsalt
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby rehsalt » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:26 pm

helix23 wrote:DONT CLICK THAT LINK
Yes. Am I going to find some nasty virus in my system now?

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby WhiteyCakes » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:27 pm

To be fair, that link is still better than a post asking about the status checker

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby helix23 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:27 pm

WhiteyCakes wrote:
helix23 wrote:DONTCLICK THAT LINK AT WORK


ftfy


too late for me.

seriously don't do it.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”