Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
clouded.memory

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby clouded.memory » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:04 pm

Mdenis1 wrote:
djwjddl wrote:Anybody having trouble logging in? My user Id is not recognized for some reason. Reached out to the admissions office and they said it was a problem they were aware of and that lsac (?) was working to resolve it. However, even at this moment, I can't log in.

I had the same problem, tried from about ten different computers with every browser and my user name just isn't recognized. I emailed Stanford about it, and they told me they'd be keeping in touch with me via email. One less status checker to check ;)

Does anyone know if anyone (whether here or on LSN or whatever) has heard anything yet from Stanford, rejection, acceptance, hold whatever?

I was having the exact same problem. However, I found that if I copy and paste my username from the Stanford's status checker email and then type in my password manually, I can log-in. Hope this works for you, as well!

Mdenis1

Postby Mdenis1 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:24 pm

clouded.memory wrote:
Mdenis1 wrote:
djwjddl wrote:Anybody having trouble logging in? My user Id is not recognized for some reason. Reached out to the admissions office and they said it was a problem they were aware of and that lsac (?) was working to resolve it. However, even at this moment, I can't log in.

I had the same problem, tried from about ten different computers with every browser and my user name just isn't recognized. I emailed Stanford about it, and they told me they'd be keeping in touch with me via email. One less status checker to check ;)

Does anyone know if anyone (whether here or on LSN or whatever) has heard anything yet from Stanford, rejection, acceptance, hold whatever?

I was having the exact same problem. However, I found that if I copy and paste my username from the Stanford's status checker email and then type in my password manually, I can log-in. Hope this works for you, as well!

Ooh! You mean the original password, the one that is just a bunch of letters and numbers?

I tried and it still doesn't work. But I think in my case my problem is really linked to my username because when I try the "Forgot your password?" link and enter my username, it says Username unknown.

clouded.memory

Postby clouded.memory » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:58 pm

Mdenis1 wrote:
clouded.memory wrote:
Mdenis1 wrote:

Ooh! You mean the original password, the one that is just a bunch of letters and numbers?

I tried and it still doesn't work. But I think in my case my problem is really linked to my username because when I try the "Forgot your password?" link and enter my username, it says Username unknown.

I'm sorry if I'm being confusing. What I did was copy and paste my username from the email and then type in my password (the one I created, not the alphanumeric one from Stanford's email).

When I went to the "Forgot your password?" link, I got the same message. It's very odd... But when I did the above, I was able to log-in.

Yukos

Postby Yukos » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:34 pm

I should just put this on the top of each page.

Yukos wrote:
tyler.durden wrote:
Yukos wrote:I'm consistently unable to log into my status check now. I'm on a Mac and Chrome and Safari don't work -- is there any alternative to downloading IE for Mac?

I have the same problem when I try to log in using the bookmark I made to the site in chrome, but when I click the link in the email they sent it works every time. I am on a Mac also and this is all through chrome. I don't understand it, but hope that helps!
Last edited by Yukos on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

WhiteyCakes

Postby WhiteyCakes » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:44 pm

I am NOT thankful that 90% of this thread has focused on status checkers....come on folks

digifly

Postby digifly » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:56 pm

WhiteyCakes wrote:I am NOT thankful that 90% of this thread has focused on status checkers....come on folks

+1

kcam1991

Postby kcam1991 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:02 pm

digifly wrote:
WhiteyCakes wrote:I am NOT thankful that 90% of this thread has focused on status checkers....come on folks

+1

+2

Mdenis1

Postby Mdenis1 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:43 am

clouded.memory wrote:
Mdenis1 wrote:
clouded.memory wrote:
Mdenis1 wrote:

I tried that! But instead of getting a "invalid password/user name" as usual I got this:

We're sorry, but your request did not complete.

The Server Administrator has been notified.

Please continue on by either clicking the back button and retrying your request
or returning to the home page.

I think there's no hope in my case haha. But I don't mind, actually I'm kind of glad I have one less status checker to check :P

I'm sorry if I'm being confusing. What I did was copy and paste my username from the email and then type in my password (the one I created, not the alphanumeric one from Stanford's email).

When I went to the "Forgot your password?" link, I got the same message. It's very odd... But when I did the above, I was able to log-in.

lsacqueen

Postby lsacqueen » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:04 am

my app "has been submitted for review" as of 11/2. Can anyone link me to the decision dates charts for the t-14? can't seem to find it..

clouded.memory

Postby clouded.memory » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:07 am

lsacqueen wrote:my app "has been submitted for review" as of 11/2. Can anyone link me to the decision dates charts for the t-14? can't seem to find it..

Is this what you're looking for? http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=191559

ht2988

Postby ht2988 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:01 pm

checking in! submitted last week, and just received an email confirming my submission!
lsat > 75% and gpa < 25%
2 years of solid work experience
strong letters of rec and i'm really pleased with how my PS and DS both turned out...
stanford would be a dream come true, but i'm not holding my breath.

venus

Postby venus » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:10 pm

Anyone else having trouble accessing the status checker? It can't recognize my username.

arklaw13

Postby arklaw13 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:11 pm

venus wrote:Anyone else having trouble accessing the status checker? It can't recognize my username.

I just tried and mine worked fine.

MJLE16

Postby MJLE16 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:13 pm

venus wrote:Anyone else having trouble accessing the status checker? It can't recognize my username.

Mine only works if I access it through the link in the email they sent me. If I try to get there any other way it doesn't recognize my username/password. I just use the link in the email every time.

trojandave

Postby trojandave » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:21 pm

Every day is like Groundhog's Day on the Standford thread.

WhiteyCakes

Postby WhiteyCakes » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:24 pm

trojandave wrote:Every day is like Groundhog's Day on the Standford thread.

+1

MJLE16

Postby MJLE16 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:29 pm

WhiteyCakes wrote:

+1

I couldn't agree more. We all need to abandon this thread until decisions are made

sinfiery

Postby sinfiery » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:30 pm

Checking in.

Just got my fee waiver approved and submitted today.

venus

Postby venus » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:32 pm

MJLE16 wrote:

Mine only works if I access it through the link in the email they sent me. If I try to get there any other way it doesn't recognize my username/password. I just use the link in the email every time.

Haha it worked! Thanks!!!

ht2988

Postby ht2988 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:33 pm

MJLE16 wrote:
WhiteyCakes wrote:

+1

I couldn't agree more. We all need to abandon this thread until decisions are made

lol

Eichörnchen

Postby Eichörnchen » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:16 pm

+1 I feel like I should delete the OP and replace it with a status checker FAQ. :lol:

sinfiery

Postby sinfiery » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:24 pm

So how close is Stanford to Google?

Can I use my SLS cred to go tour Google as often as I want? Maybe chill in their lunch area. I'll bring my lunchbox, don't want to stir up too much commotion.

They can't take away my daydreaming rights before they axe me.

kfischm1

Postby kfischm1 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:07 pm

Excited and yet terrified for the day when this forum starts blowing up with all the acceptance posts.

Yukos

Postby Yukos » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:16 pm

Since nothing productive is going on ITT, anyone notice the weird connection between Bay Area cities and tri-state area cities? Union City, NJ and Newark, NJ are neighbors, just like Union City, CA and Newark, CA. Menlo Park, CA is named after Menlo Park, NJ, and Stanford, CA has been confused with Stamford, CT since time immemorial.

...I might be bored.

trojandave

Postby trojandave » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:30 pm

Yukos wrote:Since nothing productive is going on ITT, anyone notice the weird connection between Bay Area cities and tri-state area cities? Union City, NJ and Newark, NJ are neighbors, just like Union City, CA and Newark, CA. Menlo Park, CA is named after Menlo Park, NJ, and Stanford, CA has been confused with Stamford, CT since time immemorial.

...I might be bored.

Pretty interesting, but you forgot the biggest mindblowing connection of them all: the only status checkers that people can't figure out are in NJ and at Stanford! Strange things are afoot at the Circle K...
Last edited by trojandave on Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”