Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mambar
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:11 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby mambar » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:15 pm

helix23 wrote:I'm not always a vindictive person, but 5 months after they ding me I might send them a letter confirming receipt.

lol

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby digifly » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:53 pm

helix23 wrote:I'm not always a vindictive person, but 5 months after they ding me I might send them a letter confirming receipt.


180

masked kavana
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby masked kavana » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:08 pm

Looks like there's been a rejection posted on LSN. dated today.

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9635
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby jbagelboy » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:14 pm

masked kavana wrote:Looks like there's been a rejection posted on LSN. dated today.


yea thats bizarre.

masked kavana
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby masked kavana » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:22 pm

Weird. I submitted around the same time as the person on LSN live close to Stanford... No mail or email yet

User avatar
Jaqen
Posts: 947
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:23 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby Jaqen » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:46 pm

helix23 wrote:I'm not always a vindictive person, but 5 months after they ding me I might send them a letter confirming receipt.


CR

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:04 pm

masked kavana wrote:Weird. I submitted around the same time as the person on LSN live close to Stanford... No mail or email yet


You should have the app checker turn to DLS... I'm gonna try to find out from the LSN guy

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby helix23 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:22 pm

jbagelboy wrote:
masked kavana wrote:Looks like there's been a rejection posted on LSN. dated today.


yea thats bizarre.


It's possible they've sent out letters without updating the status checkers. This probably means one should be in my mailbox waiting for me.

User avatar
zdamico
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:57 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby zdamico » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:41 pm

The guy even wrote a note explaining he got a letter in the mail today, which I'd say gives it a bit more validity. Plus he is from California with a GPA FAR below Stanford's mean/floor. Get ready people, winter is coming.

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:47 pm

zdamico wrote:The guy even wrote a note explaining he got a letter in the mail today, which I'd say gives it a bit more validity. Plus he is from California with a GPA FAR below Stanford's mean/floor. Get ready people, winter is coming.


It is time... last year there was a big wave of denials in the first week of february, and we are already almost through the second!

masked kavana
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby masked kavana » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:53 pm

Someone in the waitlist competition thread is reporting a waitlist at stanford.

Wtf gif

TrustInMusic
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:39 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby TrustInMusic » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:12 pm

masked kavana wrote:Someone in the waitlist competition thread is reporting a waitlist at stanford.

Wtf gif


:shock: They're coming.

User avatar
zdamico
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:57 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby zdamico » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:13 pm

masked kavana wrote:Someone in the waitlist competition thread is reporting a waitlist at stanford.

Wtf gif



Woahhh waitlists this early?! Also, link? I searched for the thread but couldnt find it

TrustInMusic
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:39 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby TrustInMusic » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:14 pm

zdamico wrote:
masked kavana wrote:Someone in the waitlist competition thread is reporting a waitlist at stanford.

Wtf gif



Woahhh waitlists this early?! Also, link? I searched for the thread but couldnt find it


viewtopic.php?f=7&t=203460&start=50

vzapana
Posts: 530
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:54 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby vzapana » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:21 pm

good luck everyone - i'm rooting for you all!

User avatar
Rory19
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:14 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby Rory19 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:27 pm

TrustInMusic wrote:
zdamico wrote:
masked kavana wrote:Someone in the waitlist competition thread is reporting a waitlist at stanford.

Wtf gif



Woahhh waitlists this early?! Also, link? I searched for the thread but couldnt find it


viewtopic.php?f=7&t=203460&start=50


Tracking this person down would be a good way to gauge if the capitalization trend is only for acceptances or for decisions in general.

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:28 pm

Rory19 wrote:
TrustInMusic wrote:
zdamico wrote:
masked kavana wrote:Someone in the waitlist competition thread is reporting a waitlist at stanford.

Wtf gif



Woahhh waitlists this early?! Also, link? I searched for the thread but couldnt find it


viewtopic.php?f=7&t=203460&start=50


Tracking this person down would be a good way to gauge if the capitalization trend is only for acceptances or for decisions in general.


Excellent point! Hop on it

User avatar
Audeamus
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby Audeamus » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:30 pm

Spoke w/ someone who was WL'd at Stanford this cycle. You receive an email and status switches to WL.

TrustInMusic
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:39 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby TrustInMusic » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:33 pm

Audeamus wrote:Spoke w/ someone who was WL'd at Stanford this cycle. You receive an email and status switches to WL.


... And the plot thickens..

User avatar
carboncopyx
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby carboncopyx » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:34 pm

Audeamus wrote:Spoke w/ someone who was WL'd at Stanford this cycle. You receive an email and status switches to WL.

Aaaand what about their e-mail capitalization?? The million dollar question.

shakespeare
Posts: 174
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby shakespeare » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:17 pm

WL = email
Ding = snail mail?

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby 04102014 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:34 pm

carboncopyx wrote:
Audeamus wrote:Spoke w/ someone who was WL'd at Stanford this cycle. You receive an email and status switches to WL.

Aaaand what about their e-mail capitalization?? The million dollar question.


This

User avatar
ssanonymous
Posts: 513
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby ssanonymous » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:35 pm

Do we know if DLS comes up on the status checker? I tried to contact the LSN person, but they haven't replied.

User avatar
Rory19
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:14 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby Rory19 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:39 pm

I also just pm'd the TLSer about the capitalization theory. I hope he/she doesn't have a slew of messages from all of us!

BigZuck
Posts: 10853
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby BigZuck » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:47 pm

I know our collective self-absorption and aspieism leads to an inordinately high degree of sociopathy amongst the TLS crowd but perhaps we should leave them alone? Our status checker is probably not their first priority and we will all know where we stand with Stanford in due time.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: drillteam, hwwong, lawlawland16, lillawyer2, Long shot hero, xn3345 and 21 guests