Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby WhiteyCakes » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:06 pm

Fuck this thread. 5 months since apps opened and it never moves past status checkers :evil:

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby az21833 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:07 pm

lol MOTM jumping the gun as usual. guarantee all of you it means nothing, but it did catch the corner of my eye so I figured i would share. I am a good control subject for our hypothesis, consider it giving back to TLS SLS Co 16 thread

spyke123
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 2:41 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby spyke123 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:09 pm

az21833 wrote:lol MOTM jumping the gun as usual. guarantee all of you it means nothing, but it did catch the corner of my eye so I figured i would share. I am a good control subject for our hypothesis, consider it giving back to TLS SLS Co 16 thread


will you bet ur CLS acceptance? :D youre in dude

User avatar
jselson
Posts: 6337
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:51 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby jselson » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:09 pm

spyke123 wrote:
ssanonymous wrote:Maybe the email change just means they made a decision, so those of us with all lowercase might be auto-dings or something. Whyyyyyy was mine lowercase from the beginning? (maybe. can't remember.) Now there's no reason to compulsively check my status.

Anyway, good luck all! Rejections coming soon, methinks, so let's just enjoy this silence. Perhaps with a nice glass of white wine.


well, did you change your email address to lowercase when you were filling out the app? I believe the default (as saved by LSAC) was all in caps


This is what I did, and I completely regret it now.

MAHamlin
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:58 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby MAHamlin » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:16 pm

edit: disregard, status checker problem resolved. nothing to see here.
Last edited by MAHamlin on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:16 pm

az21833 wrote:lol MOTM jumping the gun as usual. guarantee all of you it means nothing, but it did catch the corner of my eye so I figured i would share. I am a good control subject for our hypothesis, consider it giving back to TLS SLS Co 16 thread


Wanna bet? When I see you at SLS' ASW, you owe me a drink

User avatar
ssanonymous
Posts: 513
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby ssanonymous » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:23 pm

jselson wrote:
spyke123 wrote:
ssanonymous wrote:Maybe the email change just means they made a decision, so those of us with all lowercase might be auto-dings or something. Whyyyyyy was mine lowercase from the beginning? (maybe. can't remember.) Now there's no reason to compulsively check my status.

Anyway, good luck all! Rejections coming soon, methinks, so let's just enjoy this silence. Perhaps with a nice glass of white wine.


well, did you change your email address to lowercase when you were filling out the app? I believe the default (as saved by LSAC) was all in caps


This is what I did, and I completely regret it now.


I did that too. Fail.

BigZuck
Posts: 10873
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby BigZuck » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:54 pm

WhiteyCakes wrote:I love this thread. 5 months since apps opened and it never moves past status checkers :D


FTFY

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby WhiteyCakes » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:58 pm

BigZuck wrote:
WhiteyCakes wrote:I love this thread. 5 months since apps opened and it never moves past status checkers :D


FTFY


I enjoyed that

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby Cobretti » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:14 pm

az21833 wrote:MY PRIMARY EMAIL CHANGED FROM ALL CAPS TO UNDERCASE TODAY OMG

dude you're unstoppable

TrustInMusic
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:39 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby TrustInMusic » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:55 pm

az21833 wrote:MY PRIMARY EMAIL CHANGED FROM ALL CAPS TO UNDERCASE TODAY OMG


!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so excited for you az!

User avatar
sinfiery
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby sinfiery » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:05 am

az21833 wrote:MY PRIMARY EMAIL CHANGED FROM ALL CAPS TO UNDERCASE TODAY OMG

Aweesome!! Gratz man you're killing it

User avatar
I, Lawyer
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:28 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby I, Lawyer » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:07 am

Should I contact SLS if I can't log on to my status checker? I also tried to reset my password but it doesn't even recognize my username. Any ideas?

TrustInMusic
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:39 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby TrustInMusic » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:08 am

I, Lawyer wrote:Should I contact SLS if I can't log on to my status checker? I also tried to reset my password but it doesn't even recognize my username. Any ideas?


You have to access the status checker via the email they sent you.

User avatar
I, Lawyer
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:28 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby I, Lawyer » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:17 am

TrustInMusic wrote:
I, Lawyer wrote:Should I contact SLS if I can't log on to my status checker? I also tried to reset my password but it doesn't even recognize my username. Any ideas?


You have to access the status checker via the email they sent you.


That did the trick. Thanks!

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby Yukos » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:31 am

I, Lawyer wrote:Should I contact SLS if I can't log on to my status checker? I also tried to reset my password but it doesn't even recognize my username. Any ideas?


Reminds me of the good ol days.

User avatar
trojandave
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby trojandave » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:32 am

Yukos wrote:
I, Lawyer wrote:Should I contact SLS if I can't log on to my status checker? I also tried to reset my password but it doesn't even recognize my username. Any ideas?


Reminds me of the good ol days.


Life was simpler then. *sigh*

User avatar
txdude45
Posts: 912
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby txdude45 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:40 am

What's this I hear about email address capitalization? My primary was changed to my secondary weeks ago (both emails are now the same), but the primary is uppercase and the secondary is lowercase.

I feel like email capitalization isn't a big deal.

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby az21833 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:43 am

txdude45 wrote:What's this I hear about email address capitalization? My primary was changed to my secondary weeks ago (both emails are now the same), but the primary is uppercase and the secondary is lowercase.

I feel like email capitalization isn't a big deal.


+1. appreciate all the love from my besties but feel like tls might be jumping the gun on this one haha. in any case, time will tell.

User avatar
megagnarley
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:58 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby megagnarley » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:23 am

App was incomplete because of an abroad transcript I needed to have sent over. Ordered it to be sent to them via email as they requested, and when I was still incomplete 10 days later I followed up via email to see if it had arrived...radio silence.

Is it rude to call and see what's going on?

The lack of communication is distressing.

User avatar
jselson
Posts: 6337
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:51 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby jselson » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:23 am

I just want to point out that, if the email change has some significance (let's say it means that a decision has been rendered), then there shouldn't be any dings tomorrow, since Jan completes pretty much have to wait until March to be dinged, and az is a Jan complete. Also, last year's cycle was a little slower in responding than previous years, so if this year's cycle returns to the norm, which seems entirely possible to me, considering the lower number of applicants, then Jan completes have reason to get their hopes up for tomorrow through next week to hear back.

PS: It's late, and I'm bored, so a bored speculative post that has no use except to raise my hopes of being awoken by a pleasant phone call.

Image

sd1234
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:20 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby sd1234 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:19 am

megagnarley wrote:App was incomplete because of an abroad transcript I needed to have sent over. Ordered it to be sent to them via email as they requested, and when I was still incomplete 10 days later I followed up via email to see if it had arrived...radio silence.

Is it rude to call and see what's going on?

The lack of communication is distressing.


Not advising one way or the other, but I had the same issue and they got back to me within 24 hours, both via status checker and confirming receipt of the transcripts by email.

User avatar
carboncopyx
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby carboncopyx » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:03 pm

az21833 wrote:i will be the guinea pig. wish me well. uppercase forever until today.

I'm so excited to see if this hypothesis actually turns out. We will have decoded the cryptic SLS Status Checker! Crossing my fingers for you :)

User avatar
gingerbreadsmouse
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:51 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby gingerbreadsmouse » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:04 pm

carboncopyx wrote:
az21833 wrote:i will be the guinea pig. wish me well. uppercase forever until today.

I'm so excited to see if this hypothesis actually turns out. We will have decoded the cryptic SLS Status Checker! Crossing my fingers for you :)


Ditto. Best of luck today!

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:11 pm

carboncopyx wrote:
az21833 wrote:i will be the guinea pig. wish me well. uppercase forever until today.

I'm so excited to see if this hypothesis actually turns out. We will have decoded the cryptic SLS Status Checker! Crossing my fingers for you :)


This has happened like three times, and every time the person has gotten in the next day. $20 says even after AZ gets in, people will still think its a "hypothesis"

Also, the phone calls start around 9:30 PST or so I think




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, Aquinas, bleakchimera2, carasrook, ChodeAnalBead, Google Adsense [Bot], Lawl_Schoolz, masterz, mse2020, Nickel94, potterotter, zot1 and 38 guests