Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
hyjintherye
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:09 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby hyjintherye » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:25 pm

Davidbentley wrote:
ManOfTheMinute wrote:
hyjintherye wrote:checkin in here - app complete about a week ago


You're cute, I hope you get in.


1.) That is not him/her.
2.) If she is cute, I also hope she gets in.
3.) I'll also hope you get in, but only if have a stache Like your avatar.


haha thanks guys for making me laugh!

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby helix23 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:29 pm

this is jokes

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby helix23 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:30 pm

I used to irrationally hate stanford becuz it was the cool thing to do, but now i gotta good reason.

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:34 pm

helix23 wrote:I used to irrationally hate stanford becuz it was the cool thing to do, but now i gotta good reason.


Whyyyyy?

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby digifly » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:16 pm

Still sitting on all caps. I think the gray background changed to be a shade lighter today, though.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby helix23 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:25 pm

ManOfTheMinute wrote:
helix23 wrote:I used to irrationally hate stanford becuz it was the cool thing to do, but now i gotta good reason.


Whyyyyy?


A) Why did I used to hate stanford irrationally or B) why do I have a good reason now?

A) I went to Big Game rival for undergrad.

B) Sitting on 5 months complete/submitted for review. It's cruel/rude/BS to take this long.

User avatar
RSterling
Posts: 358
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby RSterling » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:29 pm

helix23 wrote:
ManOfTheMinute wrote:
helix23 wrote:I used to irrationally hate stanford becuz it was the cool thing to do, but now i gotta good reason.


Whyyyyy?


A) Why did I used to hate stanford irrationally or B) why do I have a good reason now?

A) I went to Big Game rival for undergrad.

B) Sitting on 5 months complete/submitted for review. It's cruel/rude/BS to take this long.


This. With you for both A and B.

iteachtenthgrade
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:42 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby iteachtenthgrade » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:51 pm

This is torture.

I've only been complete since 11/15 but have been "submitted for review" since 11/30. How many others from around this submission/complete time are still waiting? Have there been many dings?

User avatar
abcde12345
Posts: 255
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:41 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby abcde12345 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:52 pm

I don't think they've started dinging yet. Of course, I can't verify this because LSN is down.

masked kavana
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby masked kavana » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:09 pm

Been under review since 10/5 and nothing yet...

User avatar
TexasAggie13
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:42 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby TexasAggie13 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:35 pm

Been complete since 11/20 and have had no word whatsoever since. I have some pretty solid offers, but Stanford is my top choice and I would LOVE to attend. Do you guys think I should go ahead and write a LOCI or wait a bit longer?

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:49 pm

TexasAggie13 wrote:Been complete since 11/20 and have had no word whatsoever since. I have some pretty solid offers, but Stanford is my top choice and I would LOVE to attend. Do you guys think I should go ahead and write a LOCI or wait a bit longer?


Edit: As has been pointed out, you should indubitably send a LOCI if you've been UR for a while.
Last edited by ManOfTheMinute on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby WhiteyCakes » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:52 pm

TexasAggie13 wrote:Been complete since 11/20 and have had no word whatsoever since. I have some pretty solid offers, but Stanford is my top choice and I would LOVE to attend. Do you guys think I should go ahead and write a LOCI or wait a bit longer?


It's Stanford. Everybody would love to attend. Just sit and wait like everyone else

User avatar
risa
Posts: 466
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:03 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby risa » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:54 pm

abcde12345 wrote:I don't think they've started dinging yet. Of course, I can't verify this because LSN is down.

confirmed.

User avatar
ssanonymous
Posts: 513
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby ssanonymous » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:04 pm

ManOfTheMinute wrote:
TexasAggie13 wrote:Been complete since 11/20 and have had no word whatsoever since. I have some pretty solid offers, but Stanford is my top choice and I would LOVE to attend. Do you guys think I should go ahead and write a LOCI or wait a bit longer?


I honestly do not think that LOCI are a good idea for SLS. Dean Deal complains about people complaining/mentioning the long wait time, and I think sending in a LOCI is tangentially related to complaining about the long wait... its like, hey this is taking a while so here's so more info that should help you speed up your decision because your process is too slow for me - cuz I'm awesome and I don't understand why you haven't accepted my awesome ass


Dean Deal says to email LOCIs if you've been UR for awhile. It's in her blog.

Edit: But I'd at least wait for the first wave of rejections to come out in order to find out if you're a soft hold or not.
Last edited by ssanonymous on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:04 pm

ssanonymous wrote:
ManOfTheMinute wrote:
TexasAggie13 wrote:Been complete since 11/20 and have had no word whatsoever since. I have some pretty solid offers, but Stanford is my top choice and I would LOVE to attend. Do you guys think I should go ahead and write a LOCI or wait a bit longer?


I honestly do not think that LOCI are a good idea for SLS. Dean Deal complains about people complaining/mentioning the long wait time, and I think sending in a LOCI is tangentially related to complaining about the long wait... its like, hey this is taking a while so here's so more info that should help you speed up your decision because your process is too slow for me - cuz I'm awesome and I don't understand why you haven't accepted my awesome ass


Dean Deal says to email LOCIs if you've been UR for awhile. It's in her blog.


Shit, I think you're right. My bad. I'm gonna delete my comment so poor information based on faulty assumptions are not too widely spread.

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby az21833 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:14 pm

whens the last time someones gotten in? seems like ages

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby twinkletoes16 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:16 pm

so TL;DR is

1) don't send in a LOCI until some rejections have happened and you've survived them

2) the bloodbath is starting soon so just wait a little while anyway?

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby az21833 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:41 pm

MY PRIMARY EMAIL CHANGED FROM ALL CAPS TO UNDERCASE TODAY OMG

User avatar
ssanonymous
Posts: 513
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby ssanonymous » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:44 pm

az21833 wrote:MY PRIMARY EMAIL CHANGED FROM ALL CAPS TO UNDERCASE TODAY OMG


This... would be a great way to test the theory. Although my email has been undercase the whole time. Ah well. Good luck!

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby az21833 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:47 pm

i will be the guinea pig. wish me well. uppercase forever until today.

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:49 pm

az21833 wrote:MY PRIMARY EMAIL CHANGED FROM ALL CAPS TO UNDERCASE TODAY OMG


CONGRATS!@$!@$@!$!$!$!$ That is freaking awesome. I am way too excited for you given the online situation. You should answer the phone call from Faye and just be like, "I've been expecting you."

And it is just a theory, but in the scientific sense of a theory (ie, proven).

Image

spyke123
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 2:41 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby spyke123 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:02 pm

az21833 wrote:MY PRIMARY EMAIL CHANGED FROM ALL CAPS TO UNDERCASE TODAY OMG


you are having a kickass cycle! good luck tomorrow

User avatar
ssanonymous
Posts: 513
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby ssanonymous » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:02 pm

Maybe the email change just means they made a decision, so those of us with all lowercase might be auto-dings or something. Whyyyyyy was mine lowercase from the beginning? (maybe. can't remember.) Now there's no reason to compulsively check my status.

Anyway, good luck all! Rejections coming soon, methinks, so let's just enjoy this silence. Perhaps with a nice glass of white wine.

spyke123
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 2:41 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby spyke123 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:05 pm

ssanonymous wrote:Maybe the email change just means they made a decision, so those of us with all lowercase might be auto-dings or something. Whyyyyyy was mine lowercase from the beginning? (maybe. can't remember.) Now there's no reason to compulsively check my status.

Anyway, good luck all! Rejections coming soon, methinks, so let's just enjoy this silence. Perhaps with a nice glass of white wine.


well, did you change your email address to lowercase when you were filling out the app? I believe the default (as saved by LSAC) was all in caps




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, Bing [Bot], lillawyer2 and 9 guests