Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sitwaitwish

New

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Post by sitwaitwish » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:32 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:Is anyone else waiting for the exeter guy from the harvard thread to come over here and tell us all he got in at stanford, too?
LOL

twinkletoes16

Silver

Post by twinkletoes16 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:32 pm

helix23 wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:Is anyone else waiting for the exeter guy from the harvard thread to come over here and tell us all he got in at stanford, too?
you're just jealous

--ImageRemoved--

WalkingPlato

Bronze

Post by WalkingPlato » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:37 pm

What's your guys' latest status date? Mine is still in late November. They haven't touched me since late November. Am I that ugly?

helix23

Gold

Post by helix23 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:38 pm

WalkingPlato wrote:What's your guys' latest status date? Mine is still in late November. They haven't touched me since late November. Am I that ugly?
Sitting on 9/18 over here. Again, this has been covered elsewhere, but looks cannot be a factor. unless I'm too good looking? :shock:

tyler.durden

Bronze

Post by tyler.durden » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:40 pm

helix23 wrote:
WalkingPlato wrote:What's your guys' latest status date? Mine is still in late November. They haven't touched me since late November. Am I that ugly?
Sitting on 9/18 over here. Again, this has been covered elsewhere, but looks cannot be a factor. unless I'm too good looking? :shock:
+1 on all of that

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

WalkingPlato

Bronze

Post by WalkingPlato » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:44 pm

helix23 wrote:
I'm a reverse splitter (high GPA, a bit over 75%) but low LSAT (one under 25%..) It's like having a good body but ugly face? Or is it good face but bad body?

helix23

Gold

Post by helix23 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:45 pm

WalkingPlato wrote:
helix23 wrote:
I'm a reverse splitter (high GPA, a bit over 75%) but low LSAT (one under 25%..) It's like having a good body but ugly face? Or is it good face but bad body?
Good face bad body. definitely.

twinkletoes16

Silver

Post by twinkletoes16 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:46 pm

helix23 wrote:
WalkingPlato wrote:
helix23 wrote:
Good face bad body. definitely.

reverse butterface

spicyyoda17

Bronze

Post by spicyyoda17 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:46 pm

WalkingPlato wrote:
helix23 wrote:
Good personality + ugly body/face

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

WalkingPlato

Bronze

Post by WalkingPlato » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:48 pm

spicyyoda17 wrote:
WalkingPlato wrote:
helix23 wrote:
Good personality + ugly body/face
They say that they look for very interesting people with good backgrounds... so maybe the personality gets me in and I can wear a full body burka or something.. maybe one of those new stylish ones they're making in Turkey..

Anonymous4444

Silver

Post by Anonymous4444 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:58 pm

They say that they look for very interesting people with good backgrounds... so maybe the personality gets me in and I can wear a full body burka or something.. maybe one of those new stylish ones they're making in Turkey..[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlv7Bp-L2MM

WalkingPlato

Bronze

Post by WalkingPlato » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:03 pm

Anonymous4444 wrote:They say that they look for very interesting people with good backgrounds... so maybe the personality gets me in and I can wear a full body burka or something.. maybe one of those new stylish ones they're making in Turkey..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlv7Bp-L2MM[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVAGfXtHii0

hahaha He said, "you're like a child!" haha

spicyyoda17

Bronze

Post by spicyyoda17 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:05 pm

LSAT = body
GPA = personality
C&F = baggage (past relationships)
Personal Statement = first date
Resume = job/major

Only one I can't figure out: softs. You gotta have a few, and yet, they rarely make a difference.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous4444

Silver

Post by Anonymous4444 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:07 pm

spicyyoda17 wrote:LSAT = body
GPA = personality
Resume = job/major

Only one I can't figure out: softs. You gotta have a few, and yet, they rarely make a difference.
softs= comfortable ($$$)
Last edited by Anonymous4444 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WhiteyCakes

Silver

Post by WhiteyCakes » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:07 pm

spicyyoda17 wrote:LSAT = body
GPA = personality
Resume = job/major

Kids

curious66

Bronze

Post by curious66 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:09 pm

sitwaitwish wrote:
LOL
But that would be great news.. since that person can't go to both :)

Anonymous4444

Silver

Post by Anonymous4444 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:10 pm

curious66 wrote:
sitwaitwish wrote:
LOL
But that would be great news.. since that person can't go to both :)
hes a 15th generation harvard on his dad's side and 15 generations of stanford on his moms

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Spritzpiggy

Bronze

Post by Spritzpiggy » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:18 pm

Whatever school accepts him will automatically lose some of its appeal to me.

Apparently even with that prestigious pedigree none of those schools succeeded in teaching him basic humility.

twinkletoes16

Silver

Post by twinkletoes16 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:23 pm

Spritzpiggy wrote:Whatever school accepts him will automatically lose some of its appeal to me.

Apparently even with that prestigious pedigree none of those schools succeeded in teaching him basic humility.

Hey, look on the upside, he's easy to recognize 'cause he's a card-carrying member of that dbag club

WalkingPlato

Bronze

Post by WalkingPlato » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:30 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:
Spritzpiggy wrote:Whatever school accepts him will automatically lose some of its appeal to me.

Hey, look on the upside, he's easy to recognize 'cause he's a card-carrying member of that dbag club
Maybe he's smart and got in based on merit... I try not to judge people before getting to know them.

twinkletoes16

Silver

Post by twinkletoes16 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:31 pm

WalkingPlato wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:

Maybe he's smart and got in based on merit... I try not to judge people before getting to know them.

got into an elite $$$$$ private high school based on merit?

lol k

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Teflon_Don

Bronze

Post by Teflon_Don » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:33 pm

Some entertainment while we wait... http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AtyKofFih8Y

RSterling

Bronze

Post by RSterling » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:34 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:
WalkingPlato wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:

lol k
If he was that smart, he wouldn't be talking about his family money and legacy. He'd be talking about his 180/4.0. I'm not even convinced that he's not a troll.

WalkingPlato

Bronze

Post by WalkingPlato » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:35 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:
WalkingPlato wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:

lol k
Well no.. I meant him getting into Harvard and maybe Stanford.. If he went to a private elite high school, it would seem that he got a good enough education to maybe eventually get into top law schools based on smarts and merit.

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:35 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:
WalkingPlato wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:

lol k
Weren't you complaining in another thread about your dad making too much money and it adversely affecting you?

Considering the bumps today with no movement I wonder what it will be like in this thread when they actually make decisions.

Also no one is complaining about the status checker anymore???

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”