Cardozo c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
aresdude
Posts: 150
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:36 pm

Re: Cardozo c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby aresdude » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:21 pm

Poodle222 wrote:has there been much mvmt on the waitlist for fall or may? app, WL and final answer dates


My guess is that they are waiting on the deposit deadline on april 5

OscarVeal
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:48 pm

Re: Cardozo c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby OscarVeal » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:39 pm

aresdude wrote:
Poodle222 wrote:has there been much mvmt on the waitlist for fall or may? app, WL and final answer dates


My guess is that they are waiting on the deposit deadline on april 5


The deposit deadline is April 15, right? Is there a separate deadline for tuition deposit?

aresdude
Posts: 150
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:36 pm

Re: Cardozo c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby aresdude » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:56 pm

OscarVeal wrote:
aresdude wrote:
Poodle222 wrote:has there been much mvmt on the waitlist for fall or may? app, WL and final answer dates


My guess is that they are waiting on the deposit deadline on april 5


The deposit deadline is April 15, right? Is there a separate deadline for tuition deposit?


deposit deadline is April 5 for May Start

nedzilla
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:41 pm

Re: Cardozo c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby nedzilla » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:11 pm

just received a phone call from admissions to inform me they are still reviewing my application and have not forgotten about me. they asked me if there was anything else I wanted to add and I said I didn't and that I was looking forward to hearing back from them. is this good news?

OscarVeal
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:48 pm

Re: Cardozo c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby OscarVeal » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:12 pm

nedzilla wrote:just received a phone call from admissions to inform me they are still reviewing my application and have not forgotten about me. they asked me if there was anything else I wanted to add and I said I didn't and that I was looking forward to hearing back from them. is this good news?


They're open today?

nedzilla
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:41 pm

Re: Cardozo c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby nedzilla » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:13 pm

OscarVeal wrote:
nedzilla wrote:just received a phone call from admissions to inform me they are still reviewing my application and have not forgotten about me. they asked me if there was anything else I wanted to add and I said I didn't and that I was looking forward to hearing back from them. is this good news?


They're open today?


apparently. she said students were on spring break but the offices must still be open?

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Cardozo c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby JayJones78 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:37 pm

nedzilla wrote:
OscarVeal wrote:
nedzilla wrote:just received a phone call from admissions to inform me they are still reviewing my application and have not forgotten about me. they asked me if there was anything else I wanted to add and I said I didn't and that I was looking forward to hearing back from them. is this good news?


They're open today?


apparently. she said students were on spring break but the offices must still be open?


I assume they work half day today and will be closed tomorrow for Passover.

Happy Passover to eveyone!!

User avatar
SAlpha
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:47 pm

Re: Cardozo c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby SAlpha » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:39 pm

Received an email an hour ago telling me they increased my scholarship offer. Cardozo was very receptive to competitive offers from peer or higher ranked institutions and I encourage anyone considering negotiating their scholarship to do so. Still likely withdrawing as they essentially matched my offers at higher ranked schools. PM for details.

generaltoast
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:45 pm

Re: Cardozo c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby generaltoast » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:02 pm

Also just received email about a raise in my scholarship offer after sending them a negotiation email a couple of weeks ago. This pretty much makes Cardozo my #1 if I decide to attend law school this fall.

shredmeister
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:16 am

Re: Cardozo c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby shredmeister » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:57 pm

Still haven't heard about acceptance, WL, or rejection after going complete Dec 5th and interview in late Feb. Should I contact admissions to let them know about my continuing interest or wait it out?

User avatar
billiris321
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:25 pm

Re: Cardozo c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby billiris321 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:27 am

shredmeister wrote:Still haven't heard about acceptance, WL, or rejection after going complete Dec 5th and interview in late Feb. Should I contact admissions to let them know about my continuing interest or wait it out?


Contact. I did and got an acceptance 24 hours later.

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Cardozo c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby JayJones78 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:43 am

billiris321 wrote:
shredmeister wrote:Still haven't heard about acceptance, WL, or rejection after going complete Dec 5th and interview in late Feb. Should I contact admissions to let them know about my continuing interest or wait it out?


Contact. I did and got an acceptance 24 hours later.



I did that for may start and honestly think I got YPed because of it. Wrote an email asking about and also mentioned I was accepted at W&L and I think that's what the YP.

User avatar
danitt
Posts: 1984
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Cardozo c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby danitt » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:53 am

JayJones78 wrote:
billiris321 wrote:
shredmeister wrote:Still haven't heard about acceptance, WL, or rejection after going complete Dec 5th and interview in late Feb. Should I contact admissions to let them know about my continuing interest or wait it out?


Contact. I did and got an acceptance 24 hours later.



I did that for may start and honestly think I got YPed because of it. Wrote an email asking about and also mentioned I was accepted at W&L and I think that's what the YP.

Would you take Dozo with $$$ over W&L?

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Cardozo c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby JayJones78 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:56 am

danitt wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:
billiris321 wrote:
shredmeister wrote:Still haven't heard about acceptance, WL, or rejection after going complete Dec 5th and interview in late Feb. Should I contact admissions to let them know about my continuing interest or wait it out?


Contact. I did and got an acceptance 24 hours later.



I did that for may start and honestly think I got YPed because of it. Wrote an email asking about and also mentioned I was accepted at W&L and I think that's what the YP.

Would you take Dozo with $$$ over W&L?


PMd 8)

amf728
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:34 pm

Re: Cardozo c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby amf728 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:10 pm

Does anyone know how the admissions office sent out the username/passwords for the admitted student section of the website? I can't find mine in my email or paperwork.

Thanks!

amf728
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:34 pm

Re: Cardozo c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby amf728 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:30 pm

amf728 wrote:Does anyone know how the admissions office sent out the username/passwords for the admitted student section of the website? I can't find mine in my email or paperwork.

Thanks!



jk found it.

User avatar
dirtrida2
Posts: 474
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:54 pm

Re: Cardozo c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby dirtrida2 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:43 pm

This just in:

Dozo sent me an email bumping my merit award to $30,000 annually.

User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2380
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: Cardozo c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby lhanvt13 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:53 pm

dirtrida2 wrote:This just in:

Dozo sent me an email bumping my merit award to $30,000 annually.

W/ or w/o neg?

User avatar
dirtrida2
Posts: 474
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:54 pm

Re: Cardozo c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby dirtrida2 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:10 pm

lhanvt13 wrote:
dirtrida2 wrote:This just in:

Dozo sent me an email bumping my merit award to $30,000 annually.

W/ or w/o neg?



I actually sent them an email weeks ago regarding merit aid negotiations. I was told to send over scanned copies of my competing offers. I had yet to scan and send them, but still received an email in return awarding me the increased merit award.

User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2380
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: Cardozo c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby lhanvt13 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:14 pm

dirtrida2 wrote:
lhanvt13 wrote:
dirtrida2 wrote:This just in:

Dozo sent me an email bumping my merit award to $30,000 annually.

W/ or w/o neg?



I actually sent them an email weeks ago regarding merit aid negotiations. I was told to send over scanned copies of my competing offers. I had yet to scan and send them, but still received an email in return awarding me the increased merit award.

Thx!

User avatar
cutebookwormxoxo
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Cardozo c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby cutebookwormxoxo » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:52 pm

I got 10k more! Awesome. :)

njpark
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:45 pm

Re: Cardozo c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby njpark » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:40 pm

just got the e-mail bumping up my scholarship to 30k/yr

User avatar
Samizdizzle
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:45 pm

Re: Cardozo c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Samizdizzle » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:58 pm

Were all of these scholarship bumps requested? I'm in for a May start but am thinking about leveraging acceptances to higher ranked schools to get some more $$$. Anyone got thoughts? (I applied for the Summer start, seems like a no-brainer for class-rank considerations.)

User avatar
patienunderstanding
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:45 pm

Re: Cardozo c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby patienunderstanding » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:59 pm

Samizdizzle wrote:Were all of these scholarship bumps requested? I'm in for a May start but am thinking about leveraging acceptances to higher ranked schools to get some more $$$. Anyone got thoughts? (I applied for the Summer start, seems like a no-brainer for class-rank considerations.)

Did they give you any $$$?

well.let's.see
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:44 pm

Re: Cardozo c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby well.let's.see » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:08 pm

Is the deadline 4/15 for sure? And, is that for scholly and non-scholly alike?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: addie1412, BACsop, Google [Bot], Long shot hero, MSNbot Media, ProductofUnreality, Pugnax, RamTitan, Yahoo [Bot] and 27 guests