ROBERT MCKINNEY SCHOOL OF LAW APPLICANTS (IU INDY) 2016!!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
inquisitivelady

New

ROBERT MCKINNEY SCHOOL OF LAW APPLICANTS (IU INDY) 2016!!!

Post by inquisitivelady » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:27 am

For those who will be applying to Robert McKinney School of law (formally known as IU-Indy School of Law) for 2012-2013, please post here!!! :D

I decided to start a new thread since I've noticed that other ppl have started putting up new ones for their schools! yay!

msanders44

New

Re: ROBERT MCKINNEY SCHOOL OF LAW APPLICANTS (IU INDY) 2016!!!

Post by msanders44 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:07 pm

so when, in reality, are the first decisions made?

TheThriller

Gold

Post by TheThriller » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:45 pm

I know a few people applying here. Although I won't be applying myself, good luck to all of you and all my IUB applicants

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:12 pm

Worked with tons of people from here this summer, and they were all great. IMO this is one of the best T2s out there.

IndyLaw1L

New

Post by IndyLaw1L » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:18 pm

Hi All!

I am currently a 1L at IU Robert H. McKinney School of Law. I'd be happy to answer any questions you all have about the school! Feel free to ask questions in this post or send me a message.

I wish you all the best with your application cycle!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

inquisitivelady

New

Post by inquisitivelady » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:14 am

msanders44 wrote:so when, in reality, are the first decisions made?

I think it depends on when you are applying. If you are applying for early decision then the decision may come as early as December but if you are not applying for their early decision option, then you may have to wait a little longer.

I am hoping to do early decision. I have everything ready for the most part except the LSAT.

Are you applying?

inquisitivelady

New

Post by inquisitivelady » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:15 am

IndyLaw1L wrote:Hi All!

I am currently a 1L at IU Robert H. McKinney School of Law. I'd be happy to answer any questions you all have about the school! Feel free to ask questions in this post or send me a message.

I wish you all the best with your application cycle!
aww cool thanks!

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:33 am

inquisitivelady wrote:

I think it depends on when you are applying. If you are applying for early decision then the decision may come as early as December but if you are not applying for their early decision option, then you may have to wait a little longer.

I am hoping to do early decision. I have everything ready for the most part except the LSAT.

Are you applying?
Please do not apply ED to a school like this. Even if it's your number one choice, get into some peer or ideally better schools, negotiate those scholarships up, and bring your cost of attendance down at your target school.

guinness1547

Silver

Post by guinness1547 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:40 am

BigZuck wrote:
inquisitivelady wrote:

Are you applying?
Please do not apply ED to a school like this. Even if it's your number one choice, get into some peer or ideally better schools, negotiate those scholarships up, and bring your cost of attendance down at your target school.
I would agree, especially since you are a female URM.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

msanders44

New

Post by msanders44 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:52 am

inquisitivelady wrote:

Are you applying?

Yes, I submitted my application a couple days ago and haven't heard anything from them. I didn't apply for the early decision program though. I figured I would get an email saying they had received it and give me a username and password to be able to check the status. I submitted my application to SLU on a Sunday and was emailed and received a phone call the very next day so I didn't know what normal was for this.

msanders44

New

Post by msanders44 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:42 pm

msanders44 wrote:
inquisitivelady wrote:

Are you applying?

Yes, I submitted my application a couple days ago and haven't heard anything from them. I didn't apply for the early decision program though. I figured I would get an email saying they had received it and give me a username and password to be able to check the status. I submitted my application to SLU on a Sunday and was emailed and received a phone call the very next day so I didn't know what normal was for this.
Ok, as if they heard me. I just received an email saying they had received my application with a username and stuff.

Michaela

Bronze

Post by Michaela » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:51 pm

tagging this, you can ask me questions if you want

inquisitivelady

New

Post by inquisitivelady » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:34 am

msanders44 wrote:
msanders44 wrote:
inquisitivelady wrote:

Are you applying?

Ok, as if they heard me. I just received an email saying they had received my application with a username and stuff.
Yeah same here. I also received the same username and password. Have you recieved an word from them since then?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

inquisitivelady

New

Post by inquisitivelady » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:36 am

Michaela wrote:tagging this, you can ask me questions if you want

Cool thanks!

msanders44

New

Post by msanders44 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:39 pm

Are you applying?[/quote]

Yes, I submitted my application a couple days ago and haven't heard anything from them. I didn't apply for the early decision program though. I figured I would get an email saying they had received it and give me a username and password to be able to check the status. I submitted my application to SLU on a Sunday and was emailed and received a phone call the very next day so I didn't know what normal was for this.[/quote]

Ok, as if they heard me. I just received an email saying they had received my application with a username and stuff.[/quote]

Yeah same here. I also received the same username and password. Have you recieved an word from them since then?[/quote]

no I haven't heard anything from them since. It is supposed to say when your file is being reviewed and mine hasen't said that yet.

kay2016

Silver

Post by kay2016 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:15 pm

Checking in

inquisitivelady

New

Post by inquisitivelady » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:58 pm

msanders44 wrote:I think it depends on when you are applying. If you are applying for early decision then the decision may come as early as December but if you are not applying for their early decision option, then you may have to wait a little longer.

Are you applying?

Yes, I submitted my application a couple days ago and haven't heard anything from them. I didn't apply for the early decision program though. I figured I would get an email saying they had received it and give me a username and password to be able to check the status. I submitted my application to SLU on a Sunday and was emailed and received a phone call the very next day so I didn't know what normal was for this.[/quote]

Ok, as if they heard me. I just received an email saying they had received my application with a username and stuff.[/quote]

Yeah same here. I also received the same username and password. Have you recieved an word from them since then?[/quote]

no I haven't heard anything from them since. It is supposed to say when your file is being reviewed and mine hasen't said that yet.[/quote]

Oh that sucks. Yeah, I heard that they take a while to respond back to people.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

inquisitivelady

New

Post by inquisitivelady » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:59 pm

kayleighcheyenne wrote:Checking in

Hello friend!

msanders44

New

Post by msanders44 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:47 pm

well according to the status checker my application has not even gone under review yet. I thought for sure they would have started last November, early December

wardenv

New

Post by wardenv » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:27 pm

Just spoke with the admissions office today - apparently the "first round" of early decision acceptance/denial/waitlist letters goes out tomorrow. She stated there is another batch that will be going out closer to the end of the month as well.

Is there any indication as to what the difference between the first batch vs. second batch of letters consists of? (i.e. is the first batch acceptence letters while the second batch consists of denials/waitlists? Or is it just the individuals who applied closer to the beginning of the early decision cycle versus the end of it?) Any inside information in that regard would be greatly appreciated!

inquisitivelady

New

Post by inquisitivelady » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:24 am

msanders44 wrote:well according to the status checker my application has not even gone under review yet. I thought for sure they would have started last November, early December

Maybe they're dealing with the ED people first before RD, because my had been under review for almost three weeks before it said Decision sent yesterday.
Last edited by inquisitivelady on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

inquisitivelady

New

Post by inquisitivelady » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:29 am

wardenv wrote:Just spoke with the admissions office today - apparently the "first round" of early decision acceptance/denial/waitlist letters goes out tomorrow. She stated there is another batch that will be going out closer to the end of the month as well.

Is there any indication as to what the difference between the first batch vs. second batch of letters consists of? (i.e. is the first batch acceptence letters while the second batch consists of denials/waitlists? Or is it just the individuals who applied closer to the beginning of the early decision cycle versus the end of it?) Any inside information in that regard would be greatly appreciated!

That's a good question. To be honest, I have no idea, but I heard that they don't really look at applications according to when you turned it in, but by this GPA/LSAT combo index. As for your statement about the first batch being acceptance and the second batch being denials/waitlists, I am not entirely sure. It could be. I'll let u know though. I checked my status check yesterday and it said "Decision letter sent." It also said "e-mail decision sent as well."

Wardenv did you apply ED or RD?

inquisitivelady

New

Post by inquisitivelady » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:02 pm

Checked my email! I'm in! yay!

Hope your guys' admissions cycle goes well, and let me know if you're attending! :D

wardenv

New

Post by wardenv » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:41 pm

My status has been changed to "Decision letter sent" -- although, I am yet to receive an e-mail regarding the decision.

However, a seat deposit that is due by February 1, 2013 was added to my fee list, so I think I can safely take that as a good sign! :D

inquisitivelady

New

Post by inquisitivelady » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:36 pm

wardenv wrote:My status has been changed to "Decision letter sent" -- although, I am yet to receive an e-mail regarding the decision.

However, a seat deposit that is due by February 1, 2013 was added to my fee list, so I think I can safely take that as a good sign! :D

Yep Wardenv! That's what showed up on mine. Before my email came, my program time switched from "Either" to "Full time" and then a fee showed up that said it was due on Feb.

Pretty sure u got in! Hope to hear more from you soon!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”