University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
TEXAS91
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:37 am

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby TEXAS91 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:27 pm

JXander wrote:Oh my gosh. Ingram just sent me an email inviting me to interview in Austin. O.O

Me too!

helpplease
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby helpplease » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:48 pm

JXander wrote:Oh my gosh. Ingram just sent me an email inviting me to interview in Austin. O.O


What were your numbers? This can only be a good thing!!

helpplease
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby helpplease » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:49 pm

TEXAS91 wrote:
JXander wrote:Oh my gosh. Ingram just sent me an email inviting me to interview in Austin. O.O

Me too!


Numbers? Congrats!!

nolabreeze
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:53 am

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby nolabreeze » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:03 pm

I got the interview email too. I am also taking the Patent Bar on Feb 10. FULL FREAK OUT MODE NOW.

User avatar
JXander
Posts: 960
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 am

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby JXander » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:09 pm

helpplease wrote:
JXander wrote:Oh my gosh. Ingram just sent me an email inviting me to interview in Austin. O.O


What were your numbers? This can only be a good thing!!

See LSN profile. Major reverse-splitter.

I think this is definitely a good thing!!!

TEXAS91
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:37 am

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby TEXAS91 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:04 pm

Has anyone heard back yet about when the interviews will take place? I'm hoping soon!

nolabreeze
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:53 am

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby nolabreeze » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:07 pm

Not sure, the email said if there's enough people interested in one region they'll send someone there to do the interview. I'm in Houston, so not sure if they'd send someone this close haha.

User avatar
rabbitrun
Posts: 220
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 9:20 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby rabbitrun » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:10 pm

WAAHHH! I want an interview and a reason to get back to Tejas. :cry:

User avatar
JXander
Posts: 960
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 am

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby JXander » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:01 am

rabbitrun wrote:WAAHHH! I want an interview and a reason to get back to Tejas. :cry:

Well, what are your numbers? If they're high enough then you should be lucky to get it without one.

jaimeg314
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:16 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby jaimeg314 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:47 am

In via phone call today! :D

User avatar
JXander
Posts: 960
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 am

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby JXander » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:11 am

jaimeg314 wrote:In via phone call today! :D

Numbers, por favor?

Chaucer1343
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:22 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Chaucer1343 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:24 am

Received my UT EID!

User avatar
emkay625
Posts: 1834
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby emkay625 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:41 pm

Congrats to all of the interviews and acceptances over the last few days! 1L here. Let me know if you have questions.

ndel21
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:00 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby ndel21 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:51 pm

emkay625 wrote:Congrats to all of the interviews and acceptances over the last few days! 1L here. Let me know if you have questions.



Do you know anyone who had an interview before?

User avatar
chem!
Posts: 9380
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:03 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby chem! » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:52 pm

Dinged via a 4 a.m. email. No surprise and not really disappointed. It was a Hail Mary, anyway, and I'm in where I wanted to be in.

Best of luck to those still waiting and congrats to those admitted!

heyman86us
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:23 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby heyman86us » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:27 pm

chem! wrote:Dinged via a 4 a.m. email. No surprise and not really disappointed. It was a Hail Mary, anyway, and I'm in where I wanted to be in.

Best of luck to those still waiting and congrats to those admitted!


chem!, if you do not mind, can you tell us your stats and whether you are in-state or not?

Thank you,

User avatar
WokeUpInACar
Posts: 5513
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:11 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby WokeUpInACar » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:57 pm

Complete! REALLY hoping that the recent splitter love continues. I want UT so bad it hurts!

User avatar
timeandspace11
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby timeandspace11 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:01 pm

WokeUpInACar wrote:Complete! REALLY hoping that the recent splitter love continues. I want UT so bad it hurts!


Good luck!! I think you have a strong shot

User avatar
JXander
Posts: 960
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 am

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby JXander » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:12 pm

emkay625 wrote:Congrats to all of the interviews and acceptances over the last few days! 1L here. Let me know if you have questions.

Why did you pick TX over other schools to which you were accepted?
How do you like the faculty?

User avatar
chem!
Posts: 9380
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:03 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby chem! » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:47 pm

heyman86us wrote:
chem! wrote:Dinged via a 4 a.m. email. No surprise and not really disappointed. It was a Hail Mary, anyway, and I'm in where I wanted to be in.

Best of luck to those still waiting and congrats to those admitted!


chem!, if you do not mind, can you tell us your stats and whether you are in-state or not?

Thank you,

I'm one point above the 25% LSAT, and waaay below it for uGPA (party hearty!) and in-state. I knew it was pretty much an auto-ding, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

User avatar
rabbitrun
Posts: 220
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 9:20 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby rabbitrun » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:13 pm

JXander wrote:
rabbitrun wrote:WAAHHH! I want an interview and a reason to get back to Tejas. :cry:

Well, what are your numbers? If they're high enough then you should be lucky to get it without one.


Yeah... they aren't. 3.2/167. in-state nonURM. I applied on Thanksgiving and I'm thinking of writing a LOCI. Too soon? I just really miss tejas.

User avatar
hobie2515
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby hobie2515 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:26 pm

rabbitrun wrote:
JXander wrote:
rabbitrun wrote:WAAHHH! I want an interview and a reason to get back to Tejas. :cry:

Well, what are your numbers? If they're high enough then you should be lucky to get it without one.


Yeah... they aren't. 3.2/167. in-state nonURM. I applied on Thanksgiving and I'm thinking of writing a LOCI. Too soon? I just really miss tejas.


You and I appear fairly similar. I'm 3.26/167 also in state/non URM. Hope it works out for both of us.

User avatar
JXander
Posts: 960
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 am

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby JXander » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:32 pm

rabbitrun wrote:
JXander wrote:
rabbitrun wrote:WAAHHH! I want an interview and a reason to get back to Tejas. :cry:

Well, what are your numbers? If they're high enough then you should be lucky to get it without one.


Yeah... they aren't. 3.2/167. in-state nonURM. I applied on Thanksgiving and I'm thinking of writing a LOCI. Too soon? I just really miss tejas.

Hmm. If you haven't already, definitely send them a "Why Texas?" essay. You may be welcomed as a part of the Splitter-Interview crowd I'm in later.

Just so some of you know, Texas has been known to admit students very, very late in the cycle. I had a friend from my school who was admitted with a half-ride (low 170s LSAT, high GPA, URM), but didn't find out until late March of last year.

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby shifty_eyed » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:35 pm

JXander wrote:
Just so some of you know, Texas has been known to admit students very, very late in the cycle. I had a friend from my school who was admitted with a half-ride (low 170s LSAT, high GPA, URM), but didn't find out until late March of last year.


They called up a rejected applicant on TLS this summer (June or July) and asked if s/he still wanted to come. Of course, they seem to be trying to avoid the yield problem of last cycle this time around (I suspect that's why they are doing interviews).

User avatar
JXander
Posts: 960
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 am

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby JXander » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:42 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:...they seem to be trying to avoid the yield problem of last cycle this time around (I suspect that's why they are doing interviews).

What does this mean? Would you mind elaborating?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AZnative, BobBoblaw, ellielaw, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Nickel94, nslaw123, pillowsoftcurls, potterotter, ReadyToStart, sonyco and 16 guests