University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
StylinNProfilin
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby StylinNProfilin » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:56 am

johnsbren wrote:got an acceptance email late last night. status checker says admitted 1/17. Anyone know how long it takes them to send packets, or do they usually mention scholarships in the email?


My acceptance package was mailed the next day after getting the call. Scholarship information is usually mailed a week later.

NoChainz
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 10:15 am

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby NoChainz » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:34 pm

nm
Last edited by NoChainz on Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Philosophizer
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:17 am

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Philosophizer » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:10 pm

curious66 wrote:
Philosophizer wrote:So, during my acceptance call, I was told to look for something from the financial aid office in 7-10 days (I think; the word scholarship wasn't specifically mentioned). Today, 9 days later, I received the "why choose UT" letter.

Maybe I am paranoid, but I worry that this is somehow in lieu of a scholarship offer. Did any of you scholarship recipients receive this letter as well? If so, did it come first, followed by the offer? Or were they together?

Best wishes,
The Overanalyst


This is the scoop I hear from UT: IF you have at least a 168 and a GPA over 3.65ish, you will be eligible about $12K in merit scholarship. The scale goes up from there .. mostly based on LSAT.
So, based on your numbers, you can sortof guess where you will fall.


Thanks, curious. I am a splitter, so there's no telling, I guess. I should probably just be thankful to be admitted.

grapefruits
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:13 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby grapefruits » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:43 pm

Philosophizer wrote:
curious66 wrote:
Philosophizer wrote:So, during my acceptance call, I was told to look for something from the financial aid office in 7-10 days (I think; the word scholarship wasn't specifically mentioned). Today, 9 days later, I received the "why choose UT" letter.

Maybe I am paranoid, but I worry that this is somehow in lieu of a scholarship offer. Did any of you scholarship recipients receive this letter as well? If so, did it come first, followed by the offer? Or were they together?

Best wishes,
The Overanalyst


This is the scoop I hear from UT: IF you have at least a 168 and a GPA over 3.65ish, you will be eligible about $12K in merit scholarship. The scale goes up from there .. mostly based on LSAT.
So, based on your numbers, you can sortof guess where you will fall.


Thanks, curious. I am a splitter, so there's no telling, I guess. I should probably just be thankful to be admitted.


That's what they want you to think. Give it some time, but don't make any decisions until you've at least requested a scholarship. They aren't going to rescind your offer because you asked. FWIW, 171, 3.72, $120,000.

User avatar
michaelm55
Posts: 235
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:52 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby michaelm55 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:52 pm

:shock:

BigZuck
Posts: 10854
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby BigZuck » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:13 pm

michaelm55 wrote::shock:


What happened???

Btw visited Austin this weekend. It was amazing. I honestly can't imagine my quality of life being better at any of the other schools I have been admitted to.

User avatar
mitvahbaby
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:31 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby mitvahbaby » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:04 am

hey y'all, so is the phone call a universal thing? I'm abroad and just realized I have an un-updated number listed on my file. Already received emails first hinting that I'd been accepted (Facebook group, Alumni connections, etc) then got the official "you're in" from the fresh law e-mail... I guess I've been waiting for a package or something, do they typically Fedex stuff?
Thanks! btw I'm 165/3.87 out of state resident.

TEXAS91
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:37 am

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby TEXAS91 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:24 pm

Are most people who are held over from ED notified in April or earlier?

viksn1
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:52 am

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby viksn1 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:00 pm

Just admitted via phone call!! Applied December 13th after an unsolicited fee waiver.

Philosophizer
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:17 am

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Philosophizer » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:23 pm

viksn1 wrote:Just admitted via phone call!! Applied December 13th after an unsolicited fee waiver.


Congrats!

patricksouthern
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:12 am

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby patricksouthern » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:49 pm

viksn1 wrote:Just admitted via phone call!! Applied December 13th after an unsolicited fee waiver.


Congrats! Probably a dumb question, but did the call come from an Austin number? I just got a call a bit ago from a number I didn't recognize and I couldn't answer (was on the phone with someone else). I ask because I applied around the same time as you and got the same unsolicited fee waiver.

User avatar
teiswei
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby teiswei » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:55 pm

patricksouthern wrote:
viksn1 wrote:Just admitted via phone call!! Applied December 13th after an unsolicited fee waiver.


Congrats! Probably a dumb question, but did the call come from an Austin number? I just got a call a bit ago from a number I didn't recognize and I couldn't answer (was on the phone with someone else). I ask because I applied around the same time as you and got the same unsolicited fee waiver.

No VM? Call back.

patricksouthern
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:12 am

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby patricksouthern » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:04 pm

teiswei wrote:
patricksouthern wrote:
viksn1 wrote:Just admitted via phone call!! Applied December 13th after an unsolicited fee waiver.


Congrats! Probably a dumb question, but did the call come from an Austin number? I just got a call a bit ago from a number I didn't recognize and I couldn't answer (was on the phone with someone else). I ask because I applied around the same time as you and got the same unsolicited fee waiver.

No VM? Call back.


It was a random marketing call. :(

arrggg
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:39 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby arrggg » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:09 pm

BigZuck wrote:
michaelm55 wrote::shock:


What happened???

Btw visited Austin this weekend. It was amazing. I honestly can't imagine my quality of life being better at any of the other schools I have been admitted to.


Yup Austin is an awesome city. Pretty affordable and there's plenty of stuff to do, and boy do I miss smoked brisket.

User avatar
fruitoftheloom
Posts: 395
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:38 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby fruitoftheloom » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:22 pm

uGGGGH. Submitted 11/20 and no updates. My app can't be THAT fucked up because NYU accepted me :( I think my numbers are competitive. Texas - I <3 you and would go there with a good scholarship. LET ME IN.

Chaucer1343
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:22 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Chaucer1343 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:40 pm

I applied 1/4 and have not received a status checker. Moreover, my information has not been put into the system (I did the request password/ EID process on the status checker website). Anyone else in a similar situation?

jackbauer10
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:12 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby jackbauer10 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:57 pm

Chaucer1343 wrote:I applied 1/4 and have not received a status checker. Moreover, my information has not been put into the system (I did the request password/ EID process on the status checker website). Anyone else in a similar situation?


same boat.

User avatar
mg7
Posts: 237
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:15 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby mg7 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:07 am

jackbauer10 wrote:
Chaucer1343 wrote:I applied 1/4 and have not received a status checker. Moreover, my information has not been put into the system (I did the request password/ EID process on the status checker website). Anyone else in a similar situation?


same boat.

+1 I didn't have to do the request password thing for my EID because I went there for undergrad and already had that info, but when I log in it just says "Your application has been received but is not in the system yet" or something similar to that.

User avatar
johnsbren
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:54 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby johnsbren » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:56 am

packet came today. no scholarship offer whatsoever. pretty disappointing. 168 3.7 pretty good softs... I don't really get it :( But I'd much rather go U Washington and stay local anyhow!

User avatar
timeandspace11
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby timeandspace11 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:42 am

IN!!! Just got the call this this afternoon. I was asleep so they left a voicemail. I applied around 12/21. I'm surprised a decision came back so quickly. I had been rejected by NU and UVA today so the call definitely improved my mood. I know my numbers are not that high for them but if I could get some $$$ that would be awesome.

Numbers in profile.

User avatar
timeandspace11
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby timeandspace11 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:43 am

johnsbren wrote:packet came today. no scholarship offer whatsoever. pretty disappointing. 168 3.7 pretty good softs... I don't really get it :( But I'd much rather go U Washington and stay local anyhow!


Are you sure scholarship money comes with the admissions packet and not later on?

User avatar
fruitoftheloom
Posts: 395
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:38 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby fruitoftheloom » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:39 pm

WOOHOO!!!! Accepted today via phone call! YES!

User avatar
Jaqen
Posts: 947
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:23 am

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Jaqen » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:08 pm

fruitoftheloom wrote:WOOHOO!!!! Accepted today via phone call! YES!


Congrats!!! :mrgreen:

mommalee
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:05 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby mommalee » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:11 pm

timeandspace11 wrote:
johnsbren wrote:packet came today. no scholarship offer whatsoever. pretty disappointing. 168 3.7 pretty good softs... I don't really get it :( But I'd much rather go U Washington and stay local anyhow!


Are you sure scholarship money comes with the admissions packet and not later on?


They scholarship letter comes after the acceptance packet. Wait a week or two.

Princess Consuela
Posts: 486
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:53 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Princess Consuela » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:13 pm

My app went complete in December, but I have now signed up for the February LSAT. Does anyone know if they will wait for my Feb LSAT before making a decision? I'm kind of surprised I haven't been denied yet, so I'm hoping they'll wait (and that I improve in February).




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Christinabruin, ewan0707, neptunian and 8 guests