University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Paraflam
Posts: 472
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Paraflam » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:31 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:I am going to go insane if I don't get a status checker by the end of this week!!!!

Have you contacted them to make sure they got your app? I submitted 10/25 and got my status checker 11/1.

User avatar
letitloose
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:13 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby letitloose » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:32 pm

I submitted on 11/8, got an "application received" email on 11/9, and I haven't heard a word from them since then.

read2465
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:50 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby read2465 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:35 pm

...
Last edited by read2465 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

husker2012
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:49 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby husker2012 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:38 pm

In today via phone call! Out of state. Submitted late October.

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby shifty_eyed » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:53 pm

letitloose wrote:I submitted on 11/8, got an "application received" email on 11/9, and I haven't heard a word from them since then.


Same. I may call or email if I haven't gotten a status checker by the end of the week, but at least there are others in the same boat!

Congrats to husker and other new admits!

che3055
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:45 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby che3055 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:48 pm

.
Last edited by che3055 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby shifty_eyed » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:50 pm

che3055 wrote:I submitted on 11/7, got an email a few days later, and have been waiting for status checker since. I did the trick where you "forget your password" and log in, so I've been doing that but continually getting an error.

I checked it around noon today and was still getting the error, but checked just now and my status checker is up and running. I'd expect an email will follow soon.



Ooh, good to know! Thanks for posting this :D

User avatar
gate08
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:06 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby gate08 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:11 pm

dsn32 wrote:Just got my scholarship information as well. They were super generous, which I'm pretty pumped about.


Out of curiosity, did it come with your acceptance packet or separately?

mommalee
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:05 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby mommalee » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:49 pm

I got my acceptance packet and there was not financial aid info in there.

User avatar
EttaJ
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:41 am

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby EttaJ » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:54 pm

Merit scholarship information comes about two weeks after the acceptance packet.

User avatar
dsn32
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 3:40 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby dsn32 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:02 pm

gate08 wrote:
dsn32 wrote:Just got my scholarship information as well. They were super generous, which I'm pretty pumped about.


Out of curiosity, did it come with your acceptance packet or separately?


Same as above post, mine came about 10 days after the acceptance. It comes in a small envelope from the financial aid office. Also a nice breakdown of what each scholarship/award they give you is for and how much it's worth.

read2465
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:50 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby read2465 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:20 pm

...
Last edited by read2465 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby shifty_eyed » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:41 pm

I just tried to log in to my status checker with the "forgot my password" trick, but my EID is linked to an old hotmail account (from when I applied to UT in undergrad) that I can't log into anymore. I can't remember the answers to the secret questions (I messed up either "what would you have chosen to name yourself?" or "What was your first pet's name?"), so I guess I'll be waiting until I get an email. :|

read2465
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:50 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby read2465 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:46 pm

...
Last edited by read2465 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby shifty_eyed » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:01 pm

read2465 wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:I just tried to log in to my status checker with the "forgot my password" trick, but my EID is linked to an old hotmail account (from when I applied to UT in undergrad) that I can't log into anymore. I can't remember the answers to the secret questions (I messed up either "what would you have chosen to name yourself?" or "What was your first pet's name?"), so I guess I'll be waiting until I get an email. :|


I have an old one from applying to undergrad too, but then I went through the process as though I didn't have one, and I found out they had assigned me a new one. The old one didn't work anymore, but the new one goes through every time.


I get this message
UT EID May Already Exist
The following UT EID(s) match the information you provided and MAY be yours. Choose ALL UT EIDs you believe are yours.

If you do not believe the UT EID listed below is yours, please contact the following office for assistance:


Law School Admissions
Rm. 2.120 Townes Hall
UT Austin
512-232-1200


And there is only one EID listed. When I click to claim it, it then says
UT EID Possibly Found
You have indicated that the following UT EID MAY be yours:
XXXXXXX
If you know the password for this UT EID, you can log on now.

If you don't know the password for this UT EID, visit the Forgot Password page.

Otherwise, you can return to the UT EID main page.


:?:

BigZuck
Posts: 10873
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby BigZuck » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:53 pm

Why are you guys trying to hack into a status checker that couldn't possibly tell you anything at this point anyway?

mommalee
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:05 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby mommalee » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:16 am

shifty_eyed wrote:
read2465 wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:I just tried to log in to my status checker with the "forgot my password" trick, but my EID is linked to an old hotmail account (from when I applied to UT in undergrad) that I can't log into anymore. I can't remember the answers to the secret questions (I messed up either "what would you have chosen to name yourself?" or "What was your first pet's name?"), so I guess I'll be waiting until I get an email. :|


I have an old one from applying to undergrad too, but then I went through the process as though I didn't have one, and I found out they had assigned me a new one. The old one didn't work anymore, but the new one goes through every time.


I get this message
UT EID May Already Exist
The following UT EID(s) match the information you provided and MAY be yours. Choose ALL UT EIDs you believe are yours.

If you do not believe the UT EID listed below is yours, please contact the following office for assistance:


Law School Admissions
Rm. 2.120 Townes Hall
UT Austin
512-232-1200


And there is only one EID listed. When I click to claim it, it then says
UT EID Possibly Found
You have indicated that the following UT EID MAY be yours:
XXXXXXX
If you know the password for this UT EID, you can log on now.

If you don't know the password for this UT EID, visit the Forgot Password page.

Otherwise, you can return to the UT EID main page.


:?:


So you click on the Forgot Password page and set up a password. I did this a few weeks ago. When the status checker opens up you will see a page that says something to the effect of "your file is not complete" or "this file has not yet been entered". Then when they finally send you the status checker email...mine took about 2.5 weeks...it will tell you your EID and will mention that a password has already been setup for that account. HTH

che3055
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:45 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby che3055 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:43 am

BigZuck wrote:Why are you guys trying to hack into a status checker that couldn't possibly tell you anything at this point anyway?


My "hacked" status checker shows my app as complete. I still haven't received any status checker email, so it seems that the status checkers are up and running before the email goes out.

AZJournalist
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:33 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby AZJournalist » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:47 am

Held this morning via e-mail.

163/4.0
Out of state, non-URM

I'll be sending my updated grades and resume once the semester ends, but if anyone has tips on gaining admission at UT after being held, that would be great! I'll be moving to Austin regardless of the decision, so if I was admitted I would enroll in a heartbeat. Thanks!

User avatar
WokeUpInACar
Posts: 5513
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:11 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby WokeUpInACar » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:58 am

AZJournalist wrote:Held this morning via e-mail.

163/4.0
Out of state, non-URM

I'll be sending my updated grades and resume once the semester ends, but if anyone has tips on gaining admission at UT after being held, that would be great! I'll be moving to Austin regardless of the decision, so if I was admitted I would enroll in a heartbeat. Thanks!

What date did you submit?

AZJournalist
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:33 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby AZJournalist » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:13 am

WokeUpInACar wrote:
AZJournalist wrote:Held this morning via e-mail.

163/4.0
Out of state, non-URM

I'll be sending my updated grades and resume once the semester ends, but if anyone has tips on gaining admission at UT after being held, that would be great! I'll be moving to Austin regardless of the decision, so if I was admitted I would enroll in a heartbeat. Thanks!

What date did you submit?


I submitted 10/23, got a received email 10/25 and a status checker 11/2. Now the status reads "is currently being held for consideration as Regular Decision (an email explaining this status was sent on November 27, 2012)."

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby shifty_eyed » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:22 pm

AZJournalist wrote:Held this morning via e-mail.

163/4.0
Out of state, non-URM

I'll be sending my updated grades and resume once the semester ends, but if anyone has tips on gaining admission at UT after being held, that would be great! I'll be moving to Austin regardless of the decision, so if I was admitted I would enroll in a heartbeat. Thanks!


I hate to state the obvious, but retaking the LSAT would be your best bet. However, you are right at their 25% LSAT, so I do think you have a chance with your current score....... But a few more points and you could get serious money with that GPA!!!!!

AZJournalist
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:33 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby AZJournalist » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:29 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:
AZJournalist wrote:Held this morning via e-mail.

163/4.0
Out of state, non-URM

I'll be sending my updated grades and resume once the semester ends, but if anyone has tips on gaining admission at UT after being held, that would be great! I'll be moving to Austin regardless of the decision, so if I was admitted I would enroll in a heartbeat. Thanks!


I hate to state the obvious, but retaking the LSAT would be your best bet. However, you are right at their 25% LSAT, so I do think you have a chance with your current score....... But a few more points and you could get serious money with that GPA!!!!!


Yeah, you're right about retaking :| I'm definitely planning to retake in June so I can re-apply in next year's cycle if this one doesn't work out, but I'm considering trying for February. Might be too late to affect their decision though.

User avatar
Teflon_Don
Posts: 474
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:04 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Teflon_Don » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:29 pm

Has anyone heard of in-staters getting full rides? What kind of numbers does one need to get serious money? I checked LSN but data on in-state schollies is limited

User avatar
ajclark1992
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:21 pm

Re: University of TEXAS c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby ajclark1992 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:31 pm

Teflon_Don wrote:Has anyone heard of in-staters getting full rides? What kind of numbers does one need to get serious money? I checked LSN but data on in-state schollies is limited


I am an in-stater with 3.8/174, and received a Chancellor's which is worth about 96k




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”