Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
whatisthewhat

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby whatisthewhat » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:02 pm

i'm betting on lavitz and elterrible getting calls soon; a lot of people aren't working today. (especially pulling for you, gpa twin lavitz.)

to put some money on this, i will spend $50 on hot pink shoes i can't wear out of the house (because they are totally ridiculous) but love this week if either of you doesn't get in before or on this coming Friday.

Lavitz

Postby Lavitz » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:46 pm

elterrible78 wrote:I'm taking the total lack of reporting as a positive sign. Probably nobody in the office today. We should both probably stop thinking so much about this.

Easier said than done, right?

That's what I was thinking.

Starships wrote:The fact that we have not one but two 178's on this board who haven't gotten in after JS1's scares the ever-loving sh@t out of me

Lol, sorry. My bad :wink:

whatisthewhat wrote:i'm betting on lavitz and elterrible getting calls soon; a lot of people aren't working today. (especially pulling for you, gpa twin lavitz.)

to put some money on this, i will spend $50 on hot pink shoes i can't wear out of the house (because they are totally ridiculous) but love this week if either of you doesn't get in before or on this coming Friday.

Thanks for the vote bet of confidence. :)

haveahat

Postby haveahat » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:44 am

Lavitz, you may not have a JS2 yet, but you have a whole lot of TLSers pulling for you! Good luck, I'm sure the agony of this wait will be a distant memory next week when you get your call! :D :D

Lavitz

Postby Lavitz » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:33 am

haveahat wrote:Lavitz, you may not have a JS2 yet, but you have a whole lot of TLSers pulling for you! Good luck, I'm sure the agony of this wait will be a distant memory next week when you get your call! :D :D

All this attention is starting to embarrass me lol. Thank you. :)

I'm trying not to get my hopes up but I'm crossing my fingers for Monday, which also happens to be my birthday. If there were ever a time to call me...

JedBartlett

Postby JedBartlett » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:28 am

Lavitz wrote:
haveahat wrote:Lavitz, you may not have a JS2 yet, but you have a whole lot of TLSers pulling for you! Good luck, I'm sure the agony of this wait will be a distant memory next week when you get your call! :D :D

I'm trying not to get my hopes up but I'm crossing my fingers for Monday, which also happens to be my birthday. If there were ever a time to call me...

Maybe they saw that your birthday is Monday and decided to wait on calling you until then. :)

haveahat

Postby haveahat » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:32 am

JedBartlett wrote:
Lavitz wrote:

Maybe they saw that your birthday is Monday and decided to wait on calling you until then. :)

Agreed! It seems cruel to make you wait right now but that would be hands-down the best birthday present ever!

vman21

Postby vman21 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:14 am

<('.'<)
Last edited by vman21 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MengqiJD

Postby MengqiJD » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:26 am

vman21 wrote:
haveahat wrote:Lavitz, you may not have a JS2 yet, but you have a whole lot of TLSers pulling for you! Good luck, I'm sure the agony of this wait will be a distant memory next week when you get your call!

+1

+1

elterrible78

Postby elterrible78 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:54 am

haveahat wrote:
JedBartlett wrote:
Lavitz wrote:

Agreed! It seems cruel to make you wait right now but that would be hands-down the best birthday present ever!

+1

Lavitz

Postby Lavitz » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:25 am

JedBartlett wrote:Maybe they saw that your birthday is Monday and decided to wait on calling you until then. :)

Well, if they thought it would be nice of them to wait until my birthday because I'd be happier, their plan is backfiring massively :lol:

No, but seriously, I considered that possibility way back when shadowofjazz reported that the UVA dean wished him a happy birthday in his admit call. So I knew that at least some schools take note of it, but I didn't think it would actually influence the decision on when to call. I was tempted to ask them during my interview not to do anything like waiting until my birthday to admit me, but decided that it sounded way too presumptuous.

But now that it's reached this point, I do kind of hope that was the plan. And maybe they thought it was silly to leave only one call for Monday, so they thought, "Hey, let's leave these elterrible, trombalontana, and demos people for Monday too." :lol:

Again, trying to downplay my own expectations, but we'll see what happens.

I also hope more JS1s come out Monday because I feel bad for everyone who went complete in October freaking out because they haven't gotten one yet.

trombalontana

Post removed.

Postby trombalontana » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:29 am

Post removed.
Last edited by trombalontana on Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JedBartlett

Postby JedBartlett » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:55 pm

To people who had JS2: Any idea when we can expect to recieve our admissions packets?

haveahat

Postby haveahat » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:16 am

JedBartlett wrote:To people who had JS2: Any idea when we can expect to recieve our admissions packets?

JS mentioned it in my phone call, but I was concentrating too much on forming complete sentences and not fainting to really pay a great deal of attention. I remember it sounding like she had it all ready and would be sending it soon after the phone call. I expect to get something next week. Another school I talked to this week said they didn't have the packets ready and to expect them sometime mid-December, but it sounded like Harvard was planning on sending theirs last week or this upcoming week.

Lavitz

Postby Lavitz » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:19 am

haveahat wrote:
JedBartlett wrote:To people who had JS2: Any idea when we can expect to recieve our admissions packets?

JS mentioned it in my phone call, but I was concentrating too much on forming complete sentences and not fainting to really pay a great deal of attention. I remember it sounding like she had it all ready and would be sending it soon after the phone call. I expect to get something next week. Another school I talked to this week said they didn't have the packets ready and to expect them sometime mid-December, but it sounded like Harvard was planning on sending theirs last week or this upcoming week.

Also, it should say something like "admissions binder sent" under mailings in your status checker once they send it.

JedBartlett

Postby JedBartlett » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:19 am

haveahat wrote:

Haha, I did the same thing (asked JS) and I was so excited I also didn't hear what she said.

JedBartlett

Postby JedBartlett » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:20 am

Lavitz wrote:
haveahat wrote:

Also, it should say something like "admissions binder sent" under mailings in your status checker once they send it.

You are right; it was sent! Thank you Lavitz. You are the man.

joeycrack

Postby joeycrack » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:45 pm

JS1s today? What's the chances?

helix23

Postby helix23 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:51 pm

joeycrack wrote:JS1s today? What's the chances?

Gonna be Lavitz for a moment and say that based on last years thread, it looks like JS1s came out the Tuesday after Thanksgiving weekend. But, small sample size, blah blah blah.

kingsfield69

Postby kingsfield69 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:53 pm

joeycrack wrote:JS1s today? What's the chances?

JS has proven impervious to prediction this cycle. I have fallen back on sheer hope devoid of attempts to reason.

sabanist

Postby sabanist » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:37 pm

Day 19. Winter is coming, and my hopes of rescue dwindle like my food supplies. I send up flares every night, hoping that someone - anyone - will save me from the Application Received Forest, yet here I still remain. Alone. Sometimes I think I hear voices in the wind at night. Jaaaay Essssssss Twooooooooo, they cry. They wake me from what precious little sleep I manage, forcing me back into the cold, cruel reality of pre-completion. I am beginning to accept my fate; it claws at me like my hunger pangs. I am lost, and so is my application.

elterrible78

Postby elterrible78 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:46 pm

sabanist wrote:Day 19. Winter is coming, and my hopes of rescue dwindle like my food supplies. I send up flares every night, hoping that someone - anyone - will save me from the Application Received Forest, yet here I still remain. Alone. Sometimes I think I hear voices in the wind at night. Jaaaay Essssssss Twooooooooo, they cry. They wake me from what precious little sleep I manage, forcing me back into the cold, cruel reality of pre-completion. I am beginning to accept my fate; it claws at me like my hunger pangs. I am lost, and so is my application.

Ha! I don't know whether to laugh or cry. You're definitely not alone, though :D

Yukos

Postby Yukos » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:46 pm

sabanist wrote:Day 19. Winter is coming, and my hopes of rescue dwindle like my food supplies. I send up flares every night, hoping that someone - anyone - will save me from the Application Received Forest, yet here I still remain. Alone. Sometimes I think I hear voices in the wind at night. Jaaaay Essssssss Twooooooooo, they cry. They wake me from what precious little sleep I manage, forcing me back into the cold, cruel reality of pre-completion. I am beginning to accept my fate; it claws at me like my hunger pangs. I am lost, and so is my application.

lsatprepguy

Postby lsatprepguy » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:50 pm

excellent :D

kingsfield69

Postby kingsfield69 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:53 pm

This is the best post of the cycle. Thus far. As desperation broadens and intensifies, there will be others.

banjo

Postby banjo » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:01 pm

Don't worry, you'll make it out, and so will Richard Parker.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”