Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
weareyoung16
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:36 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby weareyoung16 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:17 pm

They must be making more calls in the morning - it seems to be a full day thing (at least based on previous years and threads) and they only had half a day today...or maybe it's just wishful thinking
Last edited by weareyoung16 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sinfiery
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby sinfiery » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:17 pm

michlaw wrote:I guess what I'm trying to figure out. Someone said last year 16 of 18 Nov JS1's got in in Nov. Do todays results seem similar? Seems a lot less if they are done calling or maybe people haven't posted the JS2 yet.

Too early to tell.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby helix23 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:17 pm

sinfiery wrote:The sample size is way to small to constitute that reality as anything but mere conjecture.


something that is zealously avoided on these threads

User avatar
sinfiery
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby sinfiery » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:21 pm

helix23 wrote:
sinfiery wrote:The sample size is way to small to constitute that reality as anything but mere conjecture.


something that is zealously avoided on these threads

touche

User avatar
elterrible78
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:09 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby elterrible78 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:23 pm

vman21 wrote:
weareyoung16 wrote:We still have until Friday...doesn't look like too many calls went out today - and it was only in the afternoon.


That seems right....how many JS2 do we have on the forum so far, 5?

any east coasters with JS1+strong #'s who didn't get calls today out there?


East coast here. 3.95 and 178, no call. Keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow.

weareyoung16
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:36 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby weareyoung16 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:23 pm

elterrible78 wrote:
vman21 wrote:
weareyoung16 wrote:We still have until Friday...doesn't look like too many calls went out today - and it was only in the afternoon.


That seems right....how many JS2 do we have on the forum so far, 5?

any east coasters with JS1+strong #'s who didn't get calls today out there?


East coast here. 3.95 and 178, no call. Keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow.



You just restored life in so many of us

michlaw
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:49 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby michlaw » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:27 pm

Did todays JS2's have early interviews? The very first round? Looking for a pattern in the obviously small sample.

Cantthinkof1
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:17 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Cantthinkof1 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:39 pm

michlaw wrote:Did todays JS2's have early interviews? The very first round? Looking for a pattern in the obviously small sample.


Well I didn't get a JS2, but I believe I must have had one of the first JS1's (I believe it was 11/8). My numbers are 4.03/176, but I'm also in the central time zone.

hopeful16
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:58 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby hopeful16 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:51 pm

vman21 wrote:
Has anyone had any changes made to their status on status check / gotten emails yet?

I got an email about an hour ago. I also just checked my status and it has changed to Admitted.

Also, my interview was on 11/8 and it was with JS. As for calling order, maybe the interviewer and the date matter, as well as the geographic location of the interviewee? I have no clue tho lol

I think more calls will go out tomorrow. Lots of strong numbers didn't get calls today.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby helix23 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:57 pm

Here's to hoping more JS1 invites go out

User avatar
PWRFox
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:27 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby PWRFox » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:09 pm

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but did those who were accepted today have interviews with KB? That is, if you received a JS2, did you have a JS1? So if you had a KB1 would you expect to receive a KB2 (not JS2)?

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby helix23 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:13 pm

PWRFox wrote:Sorry if this is a stupid question, but did those who were accepted today have interviews with KB? That is, if you received a JS2, did you have a JS1? So if you had a KB1 would you expect to receive a KB2 (not JS2)?


It's actually Jeff Tedford making all the calls. He was quick in finding new employment.

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Yukos » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:21 pm

helix23 wrote:
PWRFox wrote:Sorry if this is a stupid question, but did those who were accepted today have interviews with KB? That is, if you received a JS2, did you have a JS1? So if you had a KB1 would you expect to receive a KB2 (not JS2)?


It's actually Jeff Tedford making all the calls. He was quick in finding new employment.


Obviously trolling. The Harvard/Cal rivalry is too fierce for anyone to switch sides like that. It's the new Red Sox/Yankees.

absquatulated
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:49 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby absquatulated » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:34 pm

East coaster here -- 171 / 3.94 (not that strong), no call. Hope you Wednesday predictors are right.

User avatar
sabanist
Posts: 573
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:48 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby sabanist » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:49 pm

I thought I recalled someone saying the JS1 schedule now has dates for next Tuesday added, but none on Monday. Could we see Monday JS2s?
There are such lock numbers on here that I have serious doubts that everyone without a call today is WLed.

User avatar
titansfan
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:44 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby titansfan » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:55 pm

No call here, and I interviewed the first day. East coast, [removed stats]
Last edited by titansfan on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3094
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Lavitz » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:14 pm

I'm relieved to see that I'm not the only person who didn't get a call today. In fact, since there are so many of us, I'm absolutely certain that more JS2s are just around the corner.

It actually looks like they're doing the same thing I thought they were doing with the JS1s: sending out a small number of them at first and then following up with a large batch shortly afterward. So I don't know whether we'll see more JS1s or JS2s (or both) tomorrow, but I'm definitely optimistic we'll see more activity soon.

And congrats to the lucky few who got JS2s today! You get to celebrate at least one day before everyone else :)

User avatar
pacifica
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby pacifica » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:20 pm

PWRFox wrote:Sorry if this is a stupid question, but did those who were accepted today have interviews with KB? That is, if you received a JS2, did you have a JS1? So if you had a KB1 would you expect to receive a KB2 (not JS2)?


I got a call from JS but interviewed with KB.

I agree with Lavitz, there's so few today and so many outstanding (in both senses of that word) that it's not really instructive to try to look for patterns.

one_by_one
Posts: 277
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:10 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby one_by_one » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:48 pm

Congrats to admits! And good luck to those waiting, esp Lavitz! :)

I'm not expecting a JS1/KB1 until much later in the cycle, if at all haha

User avatar
elterrible78
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:09 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby elterrible78 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:02 pm

Lavitz wrote:I'm relieved to see that I'm not the only person who didn't get a call today. In fact, since there are so many of us, I'm absolutely certain that more JS2s are just around the corner.

It actually looks like they're doing the same thing I thought they were doing with the JS1s: sending out a small number of them at first and then following up with a large batch shortly afterward. So I don't know whether we'll see more JS1s or JS2s (or both) tomorrow, but I'm definitely optimistic we'll see more activity soon.

And congrats to the lucky few who got JS2s today! You get to celebrate at least one day before everyone else :)


I was thinking about this today, too. I wonder what the purpose of the little wave / big wave would be, if that is in fact the case. I'm thinking social experiment.

JedBartlett
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:13 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby JedBartlett » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:06 pm

Good luck elterrible and everyone else. It feels great to get a JS2 and I'm sure most of you will have the same experience soon. JS really is an extremely nice person.

Best wishes to all of you.

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Yukos » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:46 pm

elterrible78 wrote:
Lavitz wrote:I'm relieved to see that I'm not the only person who didn't get a call today. In fact, since there are so many of us, I'm absolutely certain that more JS2s are just around the corner.

It actually looks like they're doing the same thing I thought they were doing with the JS1s: sending out a small number of them at first and then following up with a large batch shortly afterward. So I don't know whether we'll see more JS1s or JS2s (or both) tomorrow, but I'm definitely optimistic we'll see more activity soon.

And congrats to the lucky few who got JS2s today! You get to celebrate at least one day before everyone else :)


I was thinking about this today, too. I wonder what the purpose of the little wave / big wave would be, if that is in fact the case. I'm thinking social experiment.


It's to go on this thread and watch us suffer.

Demos22
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:52 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Demos22 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:04 pm

helix23 wrote:
PWRFox wrote:Sorry if this is a stupid question, but did those who were accepted today have interviews with KB? That is, if you received a JS2, did you have a JS1? So if you had a KB1 would you expect to receive a KB2 (not JS2)?


It's actually Jeff Tedford making all the calls. He was quick in finding new employment.


Ok, I laughed my ass off when I saw this.

And add me to the solidarity list. JS1 on 11/15, 172/4.1, CST.

User avatar
whatisthewhat
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:47 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby whatisthewhat » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:06 pm

congratulations to everyone with a JS2--that is amazing!! i hope you are enjoying a big splurge or having a lot of fun tonight.

hopefully some more will roll out soon.

just went complete today, so am hoping i can make it as far as you guys who've had an interview.

User avatar
elterrible78
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:09 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby elterrible78 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:12 pm

Yukos wrote:
elterrible78 wrote:
Lavitz wrote:I'm relieved to see that I'm not the only person who didn't get a call today. In fact, since there are so many of us, I'm absolutely certain that more JS2s are just around the corner.

It actually looks like they're doing the same thing I thought they were doing with the JS1s: sending out a small number of them at first and then following up with a large batch shortly afterward. So I don't know whether we'll see more JS1s or JS2s (or both) tomorrow, but I'm definitely optimistic we'll see more activity soon.

And congrats to the lucky few who got JS2s today! You get to celebrate at least one day before everyone else :)


I was thinking about this today, too. I wonder what the purpose of the little wave / big wave would be, if that is in fact the case. I'm thinking social experiment.


It's to go on this thread and watch us suffer.


I can't bitch about it, then, because I would totally do it were I in their positions.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 3 guests