Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
trojandave

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby trojandave » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:21 pm

digifly wrote:Image

You know what that picture needs?

DINOSAURS!

TrustInMusic

Postby TrustInMusic » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:23 pm

Sorry about the dings, guys. I had no idea this was happening when I corresponded with JS this afternoon :shock:

Luckily most of you have very good options. The cycle is almost over! :lol:

MacB

Postby MacB » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:24 pm

TrustInMusic wrote:Sorry about the dings, guys. I had no idea this was happening when I corresponded with JS this afternoon :shock:

I'm wondering, is this analogous to the last red spike on the chart of last year's cycle... or the second to last? :?

masked kavana

Postby masked kavana » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:25 pm

Lavitz wrote:Mhmm. OP goes down with the thread I guess. :lol:

O captain! My captain!

toothbrush

Postby toothbrush » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:25 pm

TrustInMusic wrote:Sorry about the dings, guys. I had no idea this was happening when I corresponded with JS this afternoon :shock:

WTF DONT SAY THAT I DONT ACTUALLY WANT TO GO TO LAW SCHOOL YET

Jcastro1

Postby Jcastro1 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:41 pm

Jan 31 complete here. 4.03/169 not a peep since. Wonder why my rejection is taking so long to come?

ObviousAlias

Postby ObviousAlias » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:58 pm

Has the JS1 well dried up?

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:19 pm

ObviousAlias wrote:Has the JS1 well dried up?

The well of applicants who have had JS1s or the well of JS1s available to JS0s?

Actually, it doesn't matter. Neither have dried up.

MyNameIsFlynn!

Postby MyNameIsFlynn! » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:38 pm

MacB wrote:

I'm wondering, is this analogous to the last red spike on the chart of last year's cycle... or the second to last? :?

At this point I'm operating under the assumption that last year's chart doesn't have much relevance to our cycle. The size of last week's ding batch was large and this one is even larger - 16 people on LSN so far. Compare that to last year, where each of the March/April spikes had fewer than 10 dings, and it looks like they're doing things a little differently this year. But just based on the fact that we're so far out from late April/the WL, wouldn't be surprised to see one final ding batch that culls out the heard. And the survivors will get the privilege of riding the WL.

You should take this post for what it's worth though (nothing) because at this point I don't have anything else to do except idle speculation.

ETA: Also, interesting observation looking at the Held spreadsheet: of the peeps who were dinged today, none listed their undergrad as an Ivy. Maybe some validity to the earlier discussion?

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:45 pm

MyNameIsFlynn! wrote:
MacB wrote:

At this point I'm operating under the assumption that last year's chart doesn't have much relevance to our cycle. The size of last week's ding batch was large and this one is even larger - 16 people on LSN so far. Compare that to last year, where each of the March/April spikes had fewer than 10 dings, and it looks like they're doing things a little differently this year. But just based on the fact that we're so far out from late April/the WL, wouldn't be surprised to see one final ding batch that culls out the heard. And the survivors will get the privilege of riding the WL.

You should take this post for what it's worth though (nothing) because at this point I don't have anything else to do except idle speculation.

ETA: Also, interesting observation looking at the Held spreadsheet: of the peeps who were dinged today, none listed their undergrad as an Ivy. Maybe some validity to the earlier discussion?

You are either the most informed TLS newb ever or an on-topic megaposter who switched accounts.

Personally, I prefer to imagine the former.

Anonymous4444

Postby Anonymous4444 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:51 pm

You are either the most informed TLS newb ever or an on-topic megaposter who switched accounts.

Personally, I prefer to imagine the former.[/quote]

yes

helix23

Postby helix23 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:57 pm

TripTrip wrote:
MyNameIsFlynn! wrote:
MacB wrote:

would've been perfect if he spelled herd right

MyNameIsFlynn!

Postby MyNameIsFlynn! » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:57 pm

TripTrip wrote:
MyNameIsFlynn! wrote:
MacB wrote:

T-t-thank yyou. L-l-ett me just put it like this: m-my d-da-a-dd is a great chef, and makes s-s-s-ome grea-tt stuff. M-mak-es me very active and a-alert. That is ww-why I pick things up so qiuck-kly. Basically my d-dad is a h-h-ero.

Lavitz

Postby Lavitz » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:06 pm

MyNameIsFlynn! wrote:At this point I'm operating under the assumption that last year's chart doesn't have much relevance to our cycle. The size of last week's ding batch was large and this one is even larger - 16 people on LSN so far. Compare that to last year, where each of the March/April spikes had fewer than 10 dings, and it looks like they're doing things a little differently this year. But just based on the fact that we're so far out from late April/the WL, wouldn't be surprised to see one final ding batch that culls out the heard. And the survivors will get the privilege of riding the WL.

JS did say before the cycle began that she expected it to be more similar to the cycle two years ago than last year's cycle. Last year was weird because they kept switching admissions directors.

As for your last point, I don't know, I'm still here and I'm way down on the prestige scale. Then again, that could be because--as everyone has been sure to point out--I am the captain :wink: Thanks, everyone.

txdude45

Postby txdude45 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:11 pm

MyNameIsFlynn! wrote:T-t-thank yyou. L-l-ett me just put it like this: m-my d-da-a-dd is a great chef, and makes s-s-s-ome grea-tt stuff. M-mak-es me very active and a-alert. That is ww-why I pick things up so qiuck-kly. Basically my d-dad is a h-h-ero.

i see what you did there

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:12 pm

Lavitz wrote:As for your last point, I don't know, I'm still here and I'm way down on the prestige scale. Then again, that could be because--as everyone has been sure to point out--I am the captain :wink: Thanks, everyone.

+1, and I'm not the captain. Can I be your Gilligan?

Lavitz

Postby Lavitz » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:14 pm

TripTrip wrote:
Lavitz wrote:As for your last point, I don't know, I'm still here and I'm way down on the prestige scale. Then again, that could be because--as everyone has been sure to point out--I am the captain :wink: Thanks, everyone.

Then you get the thread named after you. I see what you did there.

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:16 pm

Lavitz wrote:
TripTrip wrote:

Then you get the thread named after you. I see what you did there.

That only happens if we get marooned. In Cambridge.

ObviousAlias

Postby ObviousAlias » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:25 am

TripTrip wrote:
ObviousAlias wrote:Has the JS1 well dried up?

The well of applicants who have had JS1s or the well of JS1s available to JS0s?

Actually, it doesn't matter. Neither have dried up.

You give me hope.

Hnin26

Postby Hnin26 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:17 am

Just wondering, how many out there still stuck on JS0 planet?

"So say we all."

CyanIdes Of March

Postby CyanIdes Of March » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:53 am

edit
Last edited by CyanIdes Of March on Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vincent

Postby Vincent » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:27 am

Hnin26 wrote:Just wondering, how many out there still stuck on JS0 planet?

"So say we all."

You're not alone; (I'm in that held pile without a JS1 as well

Searchparty

Postby Searchparty » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:07 am

MyNameIsFlynn! wrote:
MacB wrote:

Also, maybe those with Ivy UGs are just more likely to have had better softs? Not because they went to Ivy, but maybe because those who end up at Ivy are just more likely to have softs (ie I'm not trying to say Ivy UGs just throw softs at you)

WhiteyCakes

Postby WhiteyCakes » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:22 am

First ding of the cycle! Deuces, Harvard.

wert3813

Postby wert3813 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:52 am

Searchparty wrote:
MyNameIsFlynn! wrote:
MacB wrote:

Also, maybe those with Ivy UGs are just more likely to have had better softs? Not because they went to Ivy, but maybe because those who end up at Ivy are just more likely to have softs (ie I'm not trying to say Ivy UGs just throw softs at you)

60,000 Ivy UG at any given time. 40,000 at OSU, one state school. Sheer numbers suggest their must be some preferential treatment. (Not saying there shouldn't be.)

WhiteyCakes, yesterday I assume?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”