Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
applemaroon
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby applemaroon » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:28 am

.
Last edited by applemaroon on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Lar-ties
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:57 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Lar-ties » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:33 am

applemaroon wrote:ugh guys, shut it down.

Also, can we get some wild speculations going about when the next round of JS2s will occur? :mrgreen:


Fridays have consistently shown movement - good, bad, and ugly. I can't imagine nothing happens tomorrow (that's a double-negative - it means something will happen).

MacB
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:26 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby MacB » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:37 am

Lar-ties wrote:
applemaroon wrote:ugh guys, shut it down.

Also, can we get some wild speculations going about when the next round of JS2s will occur? :mrgreen:


Fridays have consistently shown movement - good, bad, and ugly. I can't imagine nothing happens tomorrow (that's a double-negative - it means something will happen).



You mean you can not imagine that anything will not happen? :mrgreen:

Really though, w/ JS2s on Monday, I have to imagine that the movement this Friday might be more toward the bad and ugly end of the spectrum. :oops:

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2737
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby TripTrip » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:44 am

Lar-ties wrote:Fridays have consistently shown movement - good, bad, and ugly. I can't imagine nothing happens tomorrow (that's a double-negative - it means something will happen).

The above argument is flawed in that it presumes without providing justification that what one imagines to be true will indeed become true.

User avatar
Lar-ties
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:57 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Lar-ties » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:50 am

TripTrip wrote:
Lar-ties wrote:Fridays have consistently shown movement - good, bad, and ugly. I can't imagine nothing happens tomorrow (that's a double-negative - it means something will happen).

The above argument is flawed in that it presumes without providing justification that what one imagines to be true will indeed become true.


Though it has the advantage of not just being based on one's thoughts, but also on an observable pattern.

MacB wrote:
Really though, w/ JS2s on Monday, I have to imagine that the movement this Friday might be more toward the bad and ugly end of the spectrum. :oops:


Unfortunately, I think this line of thinking makes a lot of sense.

bbsg
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:07 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bbsg » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:07 pm

Checking in with the post-JS1 waiters now.

one_by_one
Posts: 277
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:10 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby one_by_one » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:22 pm

.
Last edited by one_by_one on Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
applemaroon
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby applemaroon » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:26 pm

.
Last edited by applemaroon on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sd1234
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:20 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby sd1234 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:34 pm

applemaroon wrote:
Lar-ties wrote:
MacB wrote:
Really though, w/ JS2s on Monday, I have to imagine that the movement this Friday might be more toward the bad and ugly end of the spectrum. :oops:


Unfortunately, I think this line of thinking makes a lot of sense.



I'M SCARED. Someone come hold me :cry:


better that than harvard holding you! badum ching :p

but realistically, theres no way decisions for JS1s that happened this week come out later in the same week...right?

User avatar
Lar-ties
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:57 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Lar-ties » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:39 pm

sd1234 wrote:
applemaroon wrote:
Lar-ties wrote:
MacB wrote:
Really though, w/ JS2s on Monday, I have to imagine that the movement this Friday might be more toward the bad and ugly end of the spectrum. :oops:


Unfortunately, I think this line of thinking makes a lot of sense.



I'M SCARED. Someone come hold me :cry:


better that than harvard holding you! badum ching :p

but realistically, theres no way decisions for JS1s that happened this week come out later in the same week...right?


Right.

User avatar
trojandave
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby trojandave » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:43 pm

Let's shake things up a bit. Since tomorrow is Good Friday, does that mean there may be movement... TODAY??

User avatar
applemaroon
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby applemaroon » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:46 pm

.
Last edited by applemaroon on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Lar-ties
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:57 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Lar-ties » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:03 pm

applemaroon wrote:
trojandave wrote:Let's shake things up a bit. Since tomorrow is Good Friday, does that mean there may be movement... TODAY??


Cannot deal with this right now...


Deep breaths.

User avatar
Jcastro1
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:45 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Jcastro1 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:04 pm

checking in. Complete 01/31, radio silence since then.

At this point, just hoping for WL since consensus seems to be no more JS1s

User avatar
trojandave
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby trojandave » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:06 pm

Jcastro1 wrote:checking in. Complete 01/31, radio silence since then.

At this point, just hoping for WL since consensus seems to be no more JS1s


Whose consensus is that??

User avatar
Lar-ties
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:57 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Lar-ties » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:08 pm

trojandave wrote:
Jcastro1 wrote:checking in. Complete 01/31, radio silence since then.

At this point, just hoping for WL since consensus seems to be no more JS1s


Whose consensus is that??


The Moral Majority. Haven't you been watching the news?

TrustInMusic
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:39 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby TrustInMusic » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:15 pm

As a logic nerd who just got off of class doing polyadic predicate calculus with identity symbolizations exercises, I thoroughly enjoyed the logic discussion above. Quantifier negation for the win.

User avatar
trojandave
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby trojandave » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:18 pm

Lar-ties wrote:
trojandave wrote:
Jcastro1 wrote:checking in. Complete 01/31, radio silence since then.

At this point, just hoping for WL since consensus seems to be no more JS1s


Whose consensus is that??


The Moral Majority. Haven't you been watching the news?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDBlqu6KF4k

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:21 pm

TrustInMusic wrote:As a logic nerd who just got off of class doing polyadic predicate calculus with identity symbolizations exercises, I thoroughly enjoyed the logic discussion above. Quantifier negation for the win.


As an idiot, I understood every third word.

User avatar
Lar-ties
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:57 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Lar-ties » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:26 pm

I have posted 99 times.

User avatar
Lar-ties
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:57 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Lar-ties » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:28 pm

Image

And now I can do this :D

MacB
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:26 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby MacB » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:33 pm

Best 100th post ever? I think so, haha.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby helix23 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:35 pm

MacB wrote:Best 100th post ever? I think so, haha.


"I have posted 99 times."

really made history with that one...

User avatar
jselson
Posts: 6337
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:51 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby jselson » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:01 pm

trojandave wrote:
Lar-ties wrote:
trojandave wrote:
Jcastro1 wrote:checking in. Complete 01/31, radio silence since then.

At this point, just hoping for WL since consensus seems to be no more JS1s


Whose consensus is that??


The Moral Majority. Haven't you been watching the news?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDBlqu6KF4k


This song makes want to put Green Day in the same league as Smash Mouth and Nickelback.

TrustInMusic
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:39 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby TrustInMusic » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:42 pm

ManOfTheMinute wrote:
TrustInMusic wrote:As a logic nerd who just got off of class doing polyadic predicate calculus with identity symbolizations exercises, I thoroughly enjoyed the logic discussion above. Quantifier negation for the win.


As an idiot, I understood every third word.


Every discipline needs its share of pedantic vocabulary.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cephaschen, Mia93, simplypara588, vho1791, wishywashy and 23 guests