Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Lar-ties
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:57 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Lar-ties » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:02 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:Gah I cant believe Kate Upton is losing to Miranda Kerr


Gotta have something to do with how they are expected to age. I'd take a 40-year-old Kerr seven days a week over a similarly seasoned Upton.

Law applicants are nothing if not pragmatic.

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:05 pm

Lar-ties wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:Gah I cant believe Kate Upton is losing to Miranda Kerr


Gotta have something to do with how they are expected to age. I'd take a 40-year-old Kerr seven days a week over a similarly seasoned Upton.

Law applicants are nothing if not pragmatic.

Prepare to be dinged on Monday.

User avatar
Lar-ties
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:57 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Lar-ties » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:17 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:
Lar-ties wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:Gah I cant believe Kate Upton is losing to Miranda Kerr


Gotta have something to do with how they are expected to age. I'd take a 40-year-old Kerr seven days a week over a similarly seasoned Upton.

Law applicants are nothing if not pragmatic.

Prepare to be dinged on Monday.


To be honest, I was prepared for your JS2 yesterday. Now I don't know what to believe in...

Legallybronzed180
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:50 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Legallybronzed180 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:34 pm

Js2 have not gone out in while
Hoping tomorrow will be good news!!
Or at least sometime this week

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby az21833 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:50 pm

wont be monday

tues/weds likely

gluck all

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2738
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby TripTrip » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:45 pm

Guess what guys; I have an interview with Cornell on Tuesday. I'll let y'all know if they finally spill the beans on the lowlight of my app.

MacB
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:26 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby MacB » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:55 pm

TripTrip wrote:Guess what guys; I have an interview with Cornell on Tuesday. I'll let y'all know if they finally spill the beans on the lowlight of my app.


You should ask. I asked KB why HLS was interested in me beyond my numbers. ...although I have yet to actually find out how that went over. :)

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby az21833 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:50 pm

MacB wrote:
TripTrip wrote:Guess what guys; I have an interview with Cornell on Tuesday. I'll let y'all know if they finally spill the beans on the lowlight of my app.


You should ask. I asked KB why HLS was interested in me beyond my numbers. ...although I have yet to actually find out how that went over. :)


you asked that in your interview as one of your 2/3 questions?

MacB
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:26 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby MacB » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:29 pm

az21833 wrote:
MacB wrote:
TripTrip wrote:Guess what guys; I have an interview with Cornell on Tuesday. I'll let y'all know if they finally spill the beans on the lowlight of my app.


You should ask. I asked KB why HLS was interested in me beyond my numbers. ...although I have yet to actually find out how that went over. :)


you asked that in your interview as one of your 2/3 questions?


Yerp.

I know the right things to do. I generally choose not to do them.

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:31 pm

don't feel bad. I turned down my JS1. I knew my application is stellar and deserves admission but I don't want an interview to hurt my chances.

User avatar
Cicero76
Posts: 1276
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:41 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Cicero76 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:41 am

wannabelawstudent wrote:don't feel bad. I turned down my JS1. I knew my application is stellar and deserves admission but I don't want an interview to hurt my chances.


160. The time I spent believing this was less than one second, so it's not the best troll ever.

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby wannabelawstudent » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:46 am

Cicero76 wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:don't feel bad. I turned down my JS1. I knew my application is stellar and deserves admission but I don't want an interview to hurt my chances.


160. The time I spent believing this was less than one second, so it's not the best troll ever.


Bro I'm the jester. OP hired me to ease the tension. :)

eyfl
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby eyfl » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:33 am

Does anyone know if it's possible to sit at a lecture or something if I'm not admitted yet? I might be in the area sometime in April and figured I might as well do some self-torture by visiting Harvard :lol:

User avatar
carboncopyx
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby carboncopyx » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:11 pm

eyfl wrote:Does anyone know if it's possible to sit at a lecture or something if I'm not admitted yet? I might be in the area sometime in April and figured I might as well do some self-torture by visiting Harvard :lol:

The Admissions Office will tell you to look at the online course catalog and directly e-mail the professor about if they have room for you to sit in on a class. I just told them that I was an admitted student, and they were pretty receptive (the class was also fabulous!), but I don't see why it would work any differently for any other prospective student.

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby az21833 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:40 pm

sooo about those decisions....

User avatar
Lar-ties
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:57 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Lar-ties » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:23 pm

az21833 wrote:sooo about those decisions....


YOU**** say JS2s Tuesday or Wednesday.

I believe you because I want it to be true.

eyfl
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby eyfl » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:39 pm

carboncopyx wrote:
eyfl wrote:Does anyone know if it's possible to sit at a lecture or something if I'm not admitted yet? I might be in the area sometime in April and figured I might as well do some self-torture by visiting Harvard :lol:

The Admissions Office will tell you to look at the online course catalog and directly e-mail the professor about if they have room for you to sit in on a class. I just told them that I was an admitted student, and they were pretty receptive (the class was also fabulous!), but I don't see why it would work any differently for any other prospective student.


Super, thanks! At least I'll be able to tell people that I was there, even if I don't end up admitted this year :roll:

User avatar
applemaroon
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby applemaroon » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:56 pm

What's the protocol if Skype/Internet decides to die in the middle of a JS1? Do we sit tight and wait for them to call us again? Or can we go ahead and call back?

User avatar
Searchparty
Posts: 193
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:22 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Searchparty » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:17 pm

applemaroon wrote:What's the protocol if Skype/Internet decides to die in the middle of a JS1? Do we sit tight and wait for them to call us again? Or can we go ahead and call back?


I would wait just a minute then initiate if they don't.

But who knows. I had an initial JS1 date and someone called me to tell me JS was running late. I waited 45 minutes and finally called the number back just to be told that they "couldn't connect to me" and I'll have to reschedule, but I had to call 45 minutes later in order to find out.

Moral of the story, if she doesn't re-initiate within a minute, you do it.

amonthofsundays
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:36 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby amonthofsundays » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:32 pm

JS2!

User avatar
Lar-ties
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:57 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Lar-ties » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:33 pm

amonthofsundays wrote:JS2!



Just now?

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:34 pm

amonthofsundays wrote:JS2!


VICTORY!

TrustInMusic
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:39 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby TrustInMusic » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:34 pm

amonthofsundays wrote:JS2!


OMG

amonthofsundays
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:36 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby amonthofsundays » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:36 pm

Yea just now. While I was here eating at Philippe's.

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9641
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby jbagelboy » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:37 pm

amonthofsundays wrote:JS2!


CONGRATS!!! amazing




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”