Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Lavitz » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:57 pm

hopeful16 wrote:For this week there are still openings on Thursday and Friday. For next week there are currently openings on Tuesday and Thursday (and there are quite a few).

Specifically, I count 28 availabilities. The night before the second batch of JS1s went out, I counted 27 remaining timeslots for this week. In addition, I think Jessica and Karen can perform interviews simultaneously because the time for which I rescheduled on Tuesday still shows up as available, but only for one of the two "HLS Interviewer"s. At other times, when you toggle between the two, you see they both have available slots at the same time.

Not to make anyone anxious, but I think it's very likely that we could see another batch of JS1 invites go out before the end of the week.

User avatar
pacifica
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby pacifica » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:09 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:
thelawschoolproject wrote:
pacifica wrote:do you guys think there's a chance that JS explicitly asked the interviewees not to disclose the Qs this time around (because they're super intense new ones)?



I doubt this. I feel like the school wants you all to have as much information as possible. Additionally, the interview isn't meant to be a stressful situation. They just want to 1). learn more about you 2). see why you're interested in the school 3). sift out those who just want Harvard for H-Bomb dropping.


Yeah I think people are just curious about how she plans on filling the extra 10 minutes. I certainly am, although will know soon enough :?



haha, yea, thanks bernaldiaz for clearing up what i wrote. definitely a poor attempt at humor out of curiosity than paranoia. Good luck to you and all thursday JS1s!

kcam1991
Posts: 152
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:26 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby kcam1991 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:56 am

OMG Interview email just now

trombalontana
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:24 pm

Post removed.

Postby trombalontana » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:07 am

Post removed.
Last edited by trombalontana on Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
outlookingin
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:08 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby outlookingin » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:08 am

kcam1991 wrote:OMG Interview email just now



woooooooo damn yeah my heart just went through the roof. Went complete sometime around 10/20-25ish, 3.75 / 175, this is the first school I've heard back from. JS1, here we come!!!! I love you TLS, thank you for everything.

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby WhiteyCakes » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:10 am

Congrats to the new JS1s...solid numbers invited tdoay.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby helix23 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:21 am

congrats new JS1s.

trombalontana
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:24 pm

Post removed.

Postby trombalontana » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:24 am

Post removed.
Last edited by trombalontana on Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby WhiteyCakes » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:27 am

trombalontana wrote:
helix23 wrote:congrats new JS1s.

Thanks! There were quite a few interview slots when I signed up...I think more TLSers will be hearing soon.


Boy I hope you are right...missing out on all these JS1s is killing me!

hopeful16
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:58 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby hopeful16 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:28 am

Congrats new JS1s! I just had mine this morning. Interestingly I was not asked "Why Harvard" or "Why Law". I was just asked questions about my personal statement and resume. Then I was asked if I had any questions for the interviewer and I asked some.

User avatar
Kionaltski
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:23 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Kionaltski » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:44 am

WhiteyCakes wrote:
Boy I hope you are right...missing out on all these JS1s is killing me!

+1

cc91
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:35 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby cc91 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:53 am

Kionaltski wrote:o


Agreed! Trying not to worry but it gets more difficult with every round..

cc91
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:35 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby cc91 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:54 am

Kionaltski wrote:
WhiteyCakes wrote:
Boy I hope you are right...missing out on all these JS1s is killing me!

+1


Agreed! Trying not to worry but it gets more difficult with every round..

Anonymous4444
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:41 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Anonymous4444 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:58 am

Lets relax guys even if 100 went out (which I don't think there has) there is still 900+ to go. We will get the interviews soon enough. Keep ur chins up

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby WhiteyCakes » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:00 pm

Anonymous4444 wrote:Lets relax guys even if 100 went out (which I don't think there has) there is still 900+ to go. We will get the interviews soon enough. Keep ur chins up


This is unbelievably sage advice

User avatar
lsatprepguy
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:04 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby lsatprepguy » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:03 pm

still nothing here. crossing my fingers for some more JS1 invites later today. :?

User avatar
elterrible78
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:09 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby elterrible78 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:05 pm

hopeful16 wrote:Congrats new JS1s! I just had mine this morning. Interestingly I was not asked "Why Harvard" or "Why Law". I was just asked questions about my personal statement and resume. Then I was asked if I had any questions for the interviewer and I asked some.


+1.

It was actually an exceptionally pleasant experience!

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bernaldiaz » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:07 pm

elterrible78 wrote:
hopeful16 wrote:Congrats new JS1s! I just had mine this morning. Interestingly I was not asked "Why Harvard" or "Why Law". I was just asked questions about my personal statement and resume. Then I was asked if I had any questions for the interviewer and I asked some.


+1.

It was actually an exceptionally pleasant experience!


Was JS the one actually doing the interviews?

vman21
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:49 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby vman21 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:09 pm

JS1 -- checking in!
interview: tuesday, nov 13
good luck to everyone!
if you want to talk about anything in particular, pm !

User avatar
elterrible78
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:09 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby elterrible78 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:30 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:
elterrible78 wrote:
hopeful16 wrote:Congrats new JS1s! I just had mine this morning. Interestingly I was not asked "Why Harvard" or "Why Law". I was just asked questions about my personal statement and resume. Then I was asked if I had any questions for the interviewer and I asked some.


+1.

It was actually an exceptionally pleasant experience!


Was JS the one actually doing the interviews?


You know, she never actually introduced herself so I had no idea at the time, but yep, it was.

haveahat
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:17 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby haveahat » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:50 pm

JS1 :) and so nervous! Glad to hear the interviews have been pleasant so far!

User avatar
LaMuSayonga
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:55 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby LaMuSayonga » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:57 pm

JS1 invite! Scheduled for next Tuesday. My app went complete on 10/10, so I was getting a bit anxious after missing the first round of invites. Best of luck to everyone!

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby helix23 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:16 pm

WhiteyCakes wrote:
Anonymous4444 wrote:Lets relax guys even if 100 went out (which I don't think there has) there is still 900+ to go. We will get the interviews soon enough. Keep ur chins up


This is unbelievably sage advice



My biggest fear is that TLS represents a negligible amount of applicants and hundreds of JS1s have actually gone out.

And congrats to the newest JS1s!

kcam1991
Posts: 152
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:26 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby kcam1991 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:40 pm

How long was the interview?

User avatar
kingsfield69
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:52 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby kingsfield69 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:50 pm

helix23 wrote:
WhiteyCakes wrote:
Anonymous4444 wrote:Lets relax guys even if 100 went out (which I don't think there has) there is still 900+ to go. We will get the interviews soon enough. Keep ur chins up


This is unbelievably sage advice



My biggest fear is that TLS represents a negligible amount of applicants and hundreds of JS1s have actually gone out.



Agree, TLS representation is skewed toward the right of the curve, but that's also where Harvard lives. The real number is undoubtedly higher than we can see from here, but probably less variance than you theorize.

A comforting thought, if you buy it. Or, I'm just reassuring myself.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”