Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ph5354a » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:37 pm

chickpea wrote:Jut received the hold email. Surprised I wasn't rejected outright!


You live to see another day, chickpea, congrats!

This also means they've started holding January applicants, which is interesting...

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby twinkletoes16 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:40 pm

Held. Finally.


to be honest i've learned a lot about myself during LS admissions cycle, and one of those things is that I don't like the East Coast or the cold. So Berkeley/USC/UCLA here I come! 8)

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Lavitz » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:44 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:Held. Finally.


to be honest i've learned a lot about myself during LS admissions cycle, and one of those things is that I don't like the East Coast or the cold. So Berkeley/USC/UCLA here I come! 8)

Sorry to hear that.

Does that mean you're withdrawing from some of the East Coast schools?

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby twinkletoes16 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:45 pm

Lavitz wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:Held. Finally.


to be honest i've learned a lot about myself during LS admissions cycle, and one of those things is that I don't like the East Coast or the cold. So Berkeley/USC/UCLA here I come! 8)

Sorry to hear that.

Does that mean you're withdrawing?



Nah ill wait it out, but putting Harvard out of my mind and focusing on getting $$$ from my Cali schools. Likely withdrawing from other cold lower t-14s soon though :lol:

User avatar
VeeD101
Posts: 333
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:49 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby VeeD101 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:46 pm

tbh I am shocked at being held. I should have been rejected outright with my numbers, especially when I look at the graphs on LSN. I am way below both medians, especially if LSAT scores are averaged. I guess I should feel good about myself? confused.

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Lavitz » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:50 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:Nah ill wait it out, but putting Harvard out of my mind and focusing on getting $$$ from my Cali schools. Likely withdrawing from other cold lower t-14s soon though :lol:

Hence the reason I ninja edited my post. I'm guessing Cornell is about to get the axe then. :lol:

TrustInMusic
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:39 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby TrustInMusic » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:53 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:Held. Finally.


to be honest i've learned a lot about myself during LS admissions cycle, and one of those things is that I don't like the East Coast or the cold. So Berkeley/USC/UCLA here I come! 8)


It's weird they took so long to hold your app
Nice to know that theyre finishing up with the dec apps and moving on to jan ones

User avatar
bosmer88
Posts: 417
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:07 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bosmer88 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:03 pm

I have received nothing. I am guessing a future ding? Every time my phone dings for a new email, it feels like a mini heart attack.

User avatar
porch
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby porch » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:11 pm

Held.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby helix23 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:13 pm

All new holds feel free to check in and join your brothers in the held thread: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=201914

User avatar
Cicero76
Posts: 1276
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:41 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Cicero76 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:15 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:Held. Finally.


to be honest i've learned a lot about myself during LS admissions cycle, and one of those things is that I don't like the East Coast or the cold. So Berkeley/USC/UCLA here I come! 8)


Noooooooooooooooooooo :(

User avatar
chickpea
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby chickpea » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:15 pm

ph5354a wrote:
chickpea wrote:Jut received the hold email. Surprised I wasn't rejected outright!


You live to see another day, chickpea, congrats!

This also means they've started holding January applicants, which is interesting...


Thanks ph! Being held is actually kind of a relief. I was worried H would ding me before the admissions officers has a chance to look at my new LSAT score.

Congrats on Columbia by the way!

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ph5354a » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:18 pm

chickpea wrote:
ph5354a wrote:
chickpea wrote:Jut received the hold email. Surprised I wasn't rejected outright!


You live to see another day, chickpea, congrats!

This also means they've started holding January applicants, which is interesting...


Thanks ph! Being held is actually kind of a relief. I was worried H would ding me before the admissions officers has a chance to look at my new LSAT score.

Congrats on Columbia by the way!


Thanks! Did you take the February LSAT?

oscar11cheelsea
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:55 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby oscar11cheelsea » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:19 pm

Had my JS1 today, like everyone's said she's simply an awesome person and makes u feel really comfortable though not sure I did all that well and it was really short relatively speaking, is that a sign of demise?

User avatar
wildeone
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:28 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby wildeone » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:24 pm

Held. JS1 week of 1/20. And the wait continues...

User avatar
chickpea
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby chickpea » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:25 pm

ph5354a wrote:
chickpea wrote:
ph5354a wrote:
chickpea wrote:Jut received the hold email. Surprised I wasn't rejected outright!


You live to see another day, chickpea, congrats!

This also means they've started holding January applicants, which is interesting...


Thanks ph! Being held is actually kind of a relief. I was worried H would ding me before the admissions officers has a chance to look at my new LSAT score.

Congrats on Columbia by the way!


Thanks! Did you take the February LSAT?


Yup!

User avatar
wert3813
Posts: 1408
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby wert3813 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:42 pm

Js1!!

If you need dates and stats dm me

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby 04102014 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:43 pm

wert3813 wrote:Js1!!

If you need dates and stats dm me


Fuck I want a JS1

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ph5354a » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:44 pm

wert3813 wrote:Js1!!

If you need dates and stats dm me


SO THEY'RE SENDING OUT JS1's TODAY!!! Congrats!!

vzapana
Posts: 530
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:54 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby vzapana » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:44 pm

wert3813 wrote:Js1!!

If you need dates and stats dm me


Congrats!!!

And to those were held, hang in there!

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby 04102014 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:45 pm

So do they normally send JS1s out en masse or in waves?

vzapana
Posts: 530
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:54 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby vzapana » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:46 pm

ohpobrecito wrote:So do they normally send JS1s out en masse or in waves?


My js1 came as part of a wave, but I don't know if that's the case for all js1s.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby helix23 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:49 pm

wert3813 wrote:Js1!!

If you need dates and stats dm me


congrats! damn they're really hustling today.

User avatar
Audeamus
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Audeamus » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:50 pm

vzapana wrote:
ohpobrecito wrote:So do they normally send JS1s out en masse or in waves?


My js1 came as part of a wave, but I don't know if that's the case for all js1s.


I suspect that as the cycle begins to wind down and people withdraw and make deposits, JS1s will become more of a trickle. Oh course, that's entirely speculative.

User avatar
Mr. Elshal
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Mr. Elshal » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:50 pm

Twinkle and AZ (and also everyone else, but especially you), I'm really sorry to hear that you got held, but hopefully they'll come back to you, begging on hands and knees for you to come to Harvard. And if when that day comes, I really hope you say yes. I'd enjoy being in school with you.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”