Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
elorica8
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:24 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby elorica8 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:55 pm

Hello All,

Forgive the fact that I'm posting a question that has likely been answered thousands of times over elsewhere. I have my JS1 coming up on Thursday. Any tips? Could anyone share what questions they got? Thanks so much!

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2740
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby TripTrip » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:59 pm

elorica8 wrote:Hello All,

Forgive the fact that I'm posting a question that has likely been answered thousands of times over elsewhere. I have my JS1 coming up on Thursday. Any tips? Could anyone share what questions they got? Thanks so much!

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=200887

carbonara
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:58 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby carbonara » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:52 pm

Rejected -- it was a long shot with my GPA. Oh well -- good other options out there. Best of luck to everyone remaining.

lsat_180
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:42 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby lsat_180 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:53 pm

Does anyone know at what point a final decision (excluding waitlists that stretch out into the summer sometimes) must be made by HLS on one's application? For instance, do they usually have all decisions out by a certain point in March or April when the admitted students weekend is?

User avatar
Audeamus
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Audeamus » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:56 pm

carbonara wrote:Rejected -- it was a long shot with my GPA. Oh well -- good other options out there. Best of luck to everyone remaining.


sorry to hear that :( if you don't mind, when did you go complete?

User avatar
wildeone
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:28 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby wildeone » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:57 pm

carbonara wrote:Rejected -- it was a long shot with my GPA. Oh well -- good other options out there. Best of luck to everyone remaining.


Sorry to hear that. Did you find out today?

carbonara
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:58 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby carbonara » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:10 pm

Audeamus wrote:
carbonara wrote:Rejected -- it was a long shot with my GPA. Oh well -- good other options out there. Best of luck to everyone remaining.


sorry to hear that :( if you don't mind, when did you go complete?


Can't recall exactly but I applied on day one, and it was pretty shortly thereafter. No major delays; probably sometime in October. JS1 in early January.

wildeone -- yes, today, via email

spyke123
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 2:41 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby spyke123 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:13 pm

carbonara wrote:
Audeamus wrote:
carbonara wrote:Rejected -- it was a long shot with my GPA. Oh well -- good other options out there. Best of luck to everyone remaining.


sorry to hear that :( if you don't mind, when did you go complete?


Can't recall exactly but I applied on day one, and it was pretty shortly thereafter. No major delays; probably sometime in October. JS1 in early January.

wildeone -- yes, today, via email


Sorry to hear that

Wow another post js1 ding. I'm scared..

User avatar
wildeone
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:28 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby wildeone » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:25 pm

carbonara wrote:
Audeamus wrote:
carbonara wrote:Rejected -- it was a long shot with my GPA. Oh well -- good other options out there. Best of luck to everyone remaining.


sorry to hear that :( if you don't mind, when did you go complete?


Can't recall exactly but I applied on day one, and it was pretty shortly thereafter. No major delays; probably sometime in October. JS1 in early January.

wildeone -- yes, today, via email


Like you said, plenty of options! Might be seeing you at Columbia? :)

User avatar
wert3813
Posts: 1408
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby wert3813 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:19 pm

lsat_180 wrote:Does anyone know at what point a final decision (excluding waitlists that stretch out into the summer sometimes) must be made by HLS on one's application? For instance, do they usually have all decisions out by a certain point in March or April when the admitted students weekend is?


Without checking I believe for HYS this date is generally between April 20th and May 3rd.

vzapana
Posts: 530
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:54 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby vzapana » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:24 pm

wert3813 wrote:
lsat_180 wrote:Does anyone know at what point a final decision (excluding waitlists that stretch out into the summer sometimes) must be made by HLS on one's application? For instance, do they usually have all decisions out by a certain point in March or April when the admitted students weekend is?


Without checking I believe for HYS this date is generally between April 20th and May 3rd.


It'd surprise me if they announce that late. Their asws are all around 4/20, and I imagine they'd try to get as many admitted students as possible to attend the event. This means that they would probably issue the vast majority of offers in early/mid-April. (People already in law school, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.)

spyke123
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 2:41 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby spyke123 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:53 pm

pretty quiet today.. so looks like JS1 scheduled almost everyday this week? = no JS2s?

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby az21833 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:59 pm

i still think tomorrow or Thursday will be the big day.

User avatar
trojandave
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby trojandave » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:00 pm

spyke123 wrote:pretty quiet today.. so looks like JS1 scheduled almost everyday this week? = no JS2s?


They do JS1s almost every day anyway. Don't worry about that. They make JS2 calls on the same day they do JS1s all the time

User avatar
Teflon_Don
Posts: 474
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:04 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Teflon_Don » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:52 pm

Here's hoping to a call from HLS tomorrow. Surprised no JS2s heard today

bbsg
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:07 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bbsg » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:01 am

Any idea when the next waves of JS1s will start trickling out?

spyke123
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 2:41 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby spyke123 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:07 am

bbsg wrote:Any idea when the next waves of JS1s will start trickling out?


its been going out several times a week, so you might not have to wait long

User avatar
jselson
Posts: 6337
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:51 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby jselson » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:01 am

I have my JS1 in the morning, getting pretty nervous, gonna keep prepping tonight and get my set-up and outfit down.

User avatar
wildeone
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:28 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby wildeone » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:27 am

jselson wrote:I have my JS1 in the morning, getting pretty nervous, gonna keep prepping tonight and get my set-up and outfit down.


Don't stress! It's just a conversation about you, and no one know your story better than yourself! Get some rest :)

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:30 am

wildeone wrote:
jselson wrote:I have my JS1 in the morning, getting pretty nervous, gonna keep prepping tonight and get my set-up and outfit down.


Don't stress! It's just a conversation about you, and no one know your story better than yourself! Get some rest :)


It is really laid back... If you just focus on the questions the threads say they ask and make sure to be able to tie it into why you want to go to HLS you'll be goods! (I'm post JS1 tho, so I have no credibility)

Also, I think KB usually does Wednesdays.

rock90123
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:20 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby rock90123 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:37 am

I had my JS1 a couple weeks ago, and I recently received a nice award. Do you think it's worth letting them know now with an LOCI, or to wait until after a hold/waitlist? Does anyone send an LOCI before a decision?

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ph5354a » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:41 am

With Columbia finally coming around, I now have renewed hope for a JS1, despite the correlation between these two events being roughly zero. Here's to raising my expectations for the sole purpose of having them destroyed!

User avatar
Cicero76
Posts: 1276
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:41 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Cicero76 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:51 am

rock90123 wrote:I had my JS1 a couple weeks ago, and I recently received a nice award. Do you think it's worth letting them know now with an LOCI, or to wait until after a hold/waitlist? Does anyone send an LOCI before a decision?


I would not personally send a LOCI before a decision.

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby az21833 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:55 am

hmm. more js1s today. GOOD LUCK ALL. dissapointment for us waiters

rock90123
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:20 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby rock90123 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:24 pm

Cicero76 wrote:
rock90123 wrote:I had my JS1 a couple weeks ago, and I recently received a nice award. Do you think it's worth letting them know now with an LOCI, or to wait until after a hold/waitlist? Does anyone send an LOCI before a decision?


I would not personally send a LOCI before a decision.


Thanks for the advice! I'm just worried that my chances will be much worse after a WL, and if it can help me it would be better before the initial decision




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”