Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
facile princeps

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby facile princeps » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:21 pm

elterrible78 wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote:I have a confession to make...

I really really hope I get into Harvard.

I really, really hope you do too, bud.

Postby 1239152 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:31 pm

Last edited by 1239152 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vzapana

Postby vzapana » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:34 pm

so did i. weird e-mail to say the least.

Dasani7

Postby Dasani7 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:35 pm

I got that email too and was like :shock: . *confused*

coldweather

Postby coldweather » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:35 pm

Last edited by coldweather on Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

helix23

Postby helix23 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:36 pm

congrats guys! super jealous!

tsr92

Postby tsr92 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:37 pm

coldweather wrote:It was sent in error. I received the same letter and have not applied.

Same. Plus an e-mail from the women's law association, but at least they didn't mention anything about acceptances.

helix23

Postby helix23 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:38 pm

coldweather wrote:It was sent in error. I received the same letter and have not applied.

taking a page out of cooley's book!

shntn

Postby shntn » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:38 pm

helix23 wrote:

Makes sense that the top two schools in the nation would use similar admissions tactics.

KanyeShrug

Postby KanyeShrug » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:40 pm

Got the same email. I'm rattled. Wasn't going to apply, but I think I'll throw one in on the good omen now.

helix23

Postby helix23 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:40 pm

shntn wrote:
helix23 wrote:

Makes sense that the top two schools in the nation would use similar admissions tactics.

:lol: 180

coldweather

Postby coldweather » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:41 pm

Hope no one withdrew their apps elsewhere due to the email!

vzapana

Postby vzapana » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:41 pm

the latino law students association sent a less confusing e-mail. here's an excerpt:

As you think about attending law school, we encourage you to consider Harvard Law School. We offer this letter as an invitation for you to contact us with any questions about attending Harvard.

As current law students, we vividly remember the process and the many questions we had in applying to law school. Many of these questions concerned the rigorous academic environment and the level of diversity of ideas and cultures within the law school. Many of us currently attending were pleasantly surprised by the variety of backgrounds, ideas, and cultures at HLS.

The Law School attracts exceptional Latina/o students who bring a diversity of opinions and experiences to the Harvard community. La Alianza, HLS's Latina/o student organization, seeks to provide a forum for sharing and building upon this diversity of experience, and to represent the needs of our current, future, and past students. The organization aims to ensure that Latina/o students merge successfully into the social, academic, and professional life at Harvard. We accomplish this by encouraging the formation of close relationships among students and sponsoring a variety of events and programs aimed at academic support, community building, professional guidance, and cultural awareness. The members of La Alianza, like the general student body, represent a range of academic, professional, and personal interests. Members participate in a wide array of student organizations, journals, and other extracurricular activities, such as the Harvard Law Review, the Harvard Legal Aid Bureau, the International Law Students Association, the Harvard Immigration Project, the Board of Student Advisers, the Latino Law Review, and a score of other activities that enhance the Harvard community.

This upcoming year will be an exciting one for us. We are involved with planning the Harvard Latino Alumni Reunion this fall as well as a number of other networking opportunities for our members. We also sponsor events focused on academic and professional development, often in the form of talks or panels by leaders in the legal field, to help you succeed both in law school and in your future career. We realize that all work and no play is no fun, so, we also organize many social events, from fall and winter retreats to salsa dances and happy hours, to help you get to know us and build a fun and caring community here at HLS.

vzapana

Postby vzapana » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:42 pm

coldweather wrote:Hope no one withdrew their apps elsewhere due to the email!

Last edited by vzapana on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:43 pm

I got the gay one from Lambda.

100% a mistake. But I'll frame it anyway.

coldweather

Postby coldweather » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:47 pm

bernaldiaz

Postby bernaldiaz » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:49 pm

elterrible78 wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:How'd the Monday JS1s go?

Do you have yours scheduled yet?

Yeah I'm scheduled towards the end of the week. Was going to grab Monday but then I decided against it, just to have a little more time to prepare and just in case anyone here who had their JS1 early in the week helped shed light on how the interview had changed, especially w/r/t what type of questions she asks to fill those extra ten minutes.

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:57 pm

"While this message in no way ensures your admission, we encourage you to apply. Every year, we end up admitting students who never thought they had a chance at getting into Harvard."

The only way I would have a chance at admission is if the entire board took bath salts before reading my application.

vzapana

Postby vzapana » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:00 pm

E-mail from JS:

The Law School Admissions Council has informed me that you may be considering law school this year. I invite you to take a closer look at Harvard Law School and the unparalleled opportunities that are available here.

HLS is a dynamic, vibrant, and energetic place to study the law. HLS is home to the world's most intellectually interesting and diverse law faculty, leading an incredible array of courses, seminars, and reading groups, which cover every major substantive area of legal study. Our size is our greatest strength. For example, Harvard Law School offers over 430 courses and small reading groups (132 with enrollments of fewer than 25 students), 30+ clinical areas, and over 100 student organizations ranging from the Scales of Justice (our a cappella group) to journals like the Environmental Law Review. In addition, Harvard's focus on public service and international legal studies means that our students have an impact on many communities.

Admission to Harvard Law School is highly competitive, but each application receives individual consideration by our team of faculty members and admissions officers. We believe that a student body with a wide range of experiences, interests, and backgrounds helps to create the best teaching and learning environment imaginable. While this message in no way ensures your admission, we encourage you to apply. Every year, we end up admitting students who never thought they had a chance at getting into Harvard.

Please visit Harvard Law School online at http://www.law.harvard.edu to explore the extensive resources and opportunities available to J.D. students, or follow the links below for more information on specific topics that interest you.

Sincerely,
Jessica Soban
Assistant Dean and Chief Admissions Officer

anteater1

Postby anteater1 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:06 pm

vzapana wrote:And the e-mails keep coming!

E-mail from JS:

The Law School Admissions Council has informed me that you may be considering law school this year. I invite you to take a closer look at Harvard Law School and the unparalleled opportunities that are available here.

HLS is a dynamic, vibrant, and energetic place to study the law. HLS is home to the world's most intellectually interesting and diverse law faculty, leading an incredible array of courses, seminars, and reading groups, which cover every major substantive area of legal study. Our size is our greatest strength. For example, Harvard Law School offers over 430 courses and small reading groups (132 with enrollments of fewer than 25 students), 30+ clinical areas, and over 100 student organizations ranging from the Scales of Justice (our a cappella group) to journals like the Environmental Law Review. In addition, Harvard's focus on public service and international legal studies means that our students have an impact on many communities.

Admission to Harvard Law School is highly competitive, but each application receives individual consideration by our team of faculty members and admissions officers. We believe that a student body with a wide range of experiences, interests, and backgrounds helps to create the best teaching and learning environment imaginable. While this message in no way ensures your admission, we encourage you to apply. Every year, we end up admitting students who never thought they had a chance at getting into Harvard.

Please visit Harvard Law School online at http://www.law.harvard.edu to explore the extensive resources and opportunities available to J.D. students, or follow the links below for more information on specific topics that interest you.

Sincerely,
Jessica Soban

Why they would even send me that email even if it were automated is baffling. I'd have to be Obama's son to get in with my stats :?

trojandave

Postby trojandave » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:07 pm

E-mail from JS:

Sincerely,
Jessica Soban

A JS-.5 - congrats!

bananapudding88

Postby bananapudding88 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:10 pm

trojandave wrote:

E-mail from JS:

Sincerely,
Jessica Soban

A JS-.5 - congrats!

Haha +1

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:10 pm

What does the email mean? At first I thought it was a joke from a friend.

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:11 pm

anteater1 wrote:

E-mail from JS:

Sincerely,
Jessica Soban

Why they would even send me that email even if it were automated is baffling. I'd have to be Obama's son to get in with my stats :?

I'm honored JS may have taken 30 seconds to merge my email from an Excel document.

helix23

Postby helix23 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:18 pm

Br3v wrote:What does the email mean? At first I thought it was a joke from a friend.

YP

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”