Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
domino

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby domino » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:40 pm

helix23 wrote:
domino wrote:
helix23 wrote:
Worm's point I believe is that the basis of this community (TLS) is to share wisdom, experiences and resources regarding all things law school. Everyone benefits from the collective contributions on this website. If you don't feel like contributing to the pool of data, but want to benefit from others' contributions, fine, but making an account to say "In!" is insignificant and self-serving.

Do you show up at parties and not bring anything? I mean, it is polite to bring stuff, but I guess you don't have to...it just makes you a douche to show up with nothing and eat all the food.

For me a lot of the "food" is being able to hear from and share with other people who are super neurotic about law school admissions. At this point, I have lost friends and quite possibly the love of some family members from talking WAY too much about my applications. Just hearing about others' experiences is part of the draw for me.

Value of this vs. the actual information probably varies by user though.

Was this a counterpoint to what I said? I agree, a lot of the "food" is hearing from and sharing others' experiences (which is what I said). Creating an account to say "In" doesn't do much for me, though. That's not sharing an experience. That's two letters.

I realized this was kind of unclear. I meant that just sharing feelings (which really seems to be what people are doing when they talk about developments in their cycle without numbers) is enough of what I get out of the site that I am okay with it.

MOTM I hope we go to the same school and become friends, probably without knowing each others' online identities. Kind of creepy but I'm open to it.

ETA Please carry on everyone, will add my apologies for digressing.

trojandave

Postby trojandave » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:58 pm

domino wrote:MOTM I hope we go to the same school and become friends, probably without knowing each others' online identities. Kind of creepy but I'm open to it.

--ImageRemoved--

bbsg

Postby bbsg » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:00 pm

Every time this post gets bumped my instinct is "Oh no they're sending out JS1s and my inbox hasn't lit up today!"

But when I look it's just everyone yelling at each other. lol.

helix23

Postby helix23 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:01 pm

bbsg wrote:Every time this post gets bumped my instinct is "Oh no they're sending out JS1s and my inbox hasn't lit up today!"

haha i already got held DGAF lolololol

ManOfTheMinute

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:02 pm

Wormfather wrote:That Worm is such an ass.

Either show me your numbers or [insert something about fascism here].

Truth.

domino wrote:
MOTM I hope we go to the same school and become friends, probably without knowing each others' online identities. Kind of creepy but I'm open to it.

Good to know, I'll keep a look out for anyone who incessantly wants to (a) play dominos (b) order dominos or (c) watch kiera knightley in domino. Sadly though, it seems like you withdrew from SLS - thats not a good start for our friendships since I'm leaning to it!

As I sent this, TrojanDave's post showed up. I LOLed in a conference room full of people in front of whom I shouldn't laugh.

gingerbreadsmouse

Postby gingerbreadsmouse » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:09 pm

trojandave wrote:
domino wrote:MOTM I hope we go to the same school and become friends, probably without knowing each others' online identities. Kind of creepy but I'm open to it.

--ImageRemoved--

haahahahah stop it!

usafgirl

Postby usafgirl » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:52 pm

Had my interview today! Thanks Sabinist and Wormfather for the medicine recommendations! I was still a bit sniffly but my voice was back to normal.

One question KB asked that I hadn't seen posted on here yet was to describe some of the positive and negative aspects of my current job.

Overall, I think it went okay, it was very low threat and KB was very nice.

joiedevivre18

Postby joiedevivre18 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:54 pm

abcde12345 wrote:
stone_fox wrote:
zara23 wrote:
cwid1391 wrote:How many early/mid November applicants are remaining that haven't been dinged, accepted, or held? I can't be the only one.

I also am in this boat without a notification of any kind.

same. i've basically given up all hope.

Early Dec here.

Ditto.

az21833

Postby az21833 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:02 pm

hey guys, im having difficulty thinking of what my GREATEST accomplishment would be. do you guys mind pming me some of your answers so i can have a idea of what type of things they are looking for?

Audeamus

Postby Audeamus » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:10 pm

bbsg wrote:Every time this post gets bumped my instinct is "Oh no they're sending out JS1s and my inbox hasn't lit up today!"

+1

wert3813

Postby wert3813 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:51 pm

az21833 wrote:hey guys, im having difficulty thinking of what my GREATEST accomplishment would be. do you guys mind pming me some of your answers so i can have a idea of what type of things they are looking for?

As lovingly as possible since we are TLS bros and I legitimately like you....

GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE WITH THIS SHIT...

Also, this thread seemed fun today.

ManOfTheMinute

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:07 pm

az21833 wrote:hey guys, im having difficulty thinking of what my GREATEST accomplishment would be. do you guys mind pming me some of your answers so i can have a idea of what type of things they are looking for?

Given I have no accomplishments, I will say "getting into SLS." Anyone wanna make a pool on how many questions I get asked after that? <-- not meant as any kind of bragging to strangers on the internet, I would just find this super amusing.

But honestly, after you get all your responses/kill the interview, give me some tips.

MCFC

Postby MCFC » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:10 pm

ManOfTheMinute wrote:Can we please go back to bitching about being one of the Forgotten, not being the first person in your JS1 class to get a JS2, and how cold HLS is?

Forecast for Friday looks great!!

spyke123

Postby spyke123 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:12 pm

MCFC wrote:
ManOfTheMinute wrote:Can we please go back to bitching about being one of the Forgotten, not being the first person in your JS1 class to get a JS2, and how cold HLS is?

yup... and the dings/holds will come out as usual...

clouded.memory

Postby clouded.memory » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:30 pm

spyke123 wrote:
MCFC wrote:

yup... and the dings/holds will come out as usual...

Please no...

Mr. Elshal

Postby Mr. Elshal » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:36 am

Try to use something that is unique to you or plays to a theme in your application. For example, my app is very business-centered, so the accomplishment I chose is that, despite being a K-JD, I spent a year heading a consulting team for international companies. It flowed smoothly with the rest of my app, it showed that I work hard and have gained unique experience from that, and it was actually an accomplishment I'm very proud of.

If you can say all of these things about an accomplishment, chances are it's your greatest accomplishment. Feel free to PM me if you need a sounding board for your ideas.

twinkletoes16

Postby twinkletoes16 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:39 am

Mr. Elshal wrote:

Try to use something that is unique to you or plays to a theme in your application. For example, my app is very business-centered, so the accomplishment I chose is that, despite being a K-JD, I spent a year heading a consulting team for international companies. It flowed smoothly with the rest of my app, it showed that I work hard and have gained unique experience from that, and it was actually an accomplishment I'm very proud of.

If you can say all of these things about an accomplishment, chances are it's your greatest accomplishment. Feel free to PM me if you need a sounding board for your ideas.

so great accomplishments like being able to fit your fist in your mouth or being able to eat 4 mcchickens in two minutes don't count?

Mr. Elshal

Postby Mr. Elshal » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:43 am

twinkletoes16 wrote:
Mr. Elshal wrote:

so great accomplishments like being able to fit your fist in your mouth or being able to eat 4 mcchickens in two minutes don't count?

I'd be pretty proud of those, they are unique and show a strong work ethic, and they would flow pretty smoothly with the rest of my application.

Either my system is flawed or you just found the perfect answers :D

LSATSCORES2012

Postby LSATSCORES2012 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:44 am

twinkletoes16 wrote:
Mr. Elshal wrote:

Haha :D

I dunno, I always recommend honesty. In my Chicago interview, I said coming out of the closet. I was afraid it was too personal - but I was being honest. I tried to emphasize why it was so hard for me, all the benefits that came from it, and what I learned from it. We'll see how it turned out in a few weeks.

What is something that you've done that you can look back on and can say to yourself that you're very proud of that moment - some sort of obstacle you've overcome, and which has affected you in the future? I'd go with that.

I was also considering discussing my transition from the Florida public schools system to the Colorado school system, but I thought that would be disingenuous and it's probably not a good idea to say that you've had a poor quality of education during an interview...

twinkletoes16

Postby twinkletoes16 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:45 am

Mr. Elshal wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:
Mr. Elshal wrote:

I'd be pretty proud of those, they are unique and show a strong work ethic, and they would flow pretty smoothly with the rest of my application.

Either my system is flawed or you just found the perfect answers :D

i will forever be a JS0 until i get tossed to the side this friday. just brainstorming :twisted:

Cicero76

Postby Cicero76 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:53 am

twinkletoes16 wrote:
i will forever be a JS0 until i get tossed to the side this friday. just brainstorming :twisted:

Stop being hopeless and depressing. I had to wait way longer than you for my JS1, you still have hope!

Mr. Elshal

Postby Mr. Elshal » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:54 am

twinkletoes16 wrote:i will forever be a JS0 until i get tossed to the side this friday. just brainstorming :twisted:

I know it probably doesn't help much but I've been rooting for you. I seriously hope you get your JS1 soon, and your JS2 not long after.

twinkletoes16

Postby twinkletoes16 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:59 am

Cicero76 wrote:
Stop being hopeless and depressing. I had to wait way longer than you for my JS1, you still have hope!

Mr. Elshal wrote:I know it probably doesn't help much but I've been rooting for you. I seriously hope you get your JS1 soon, and your JS2 not long after.

Ah, thanks guys! I'd like just ONE thing in my life to go well right now and this would be fantastic. I'm going to stop posting in this thread until Friday to give me a sanity break, but I will update with any news (good or bad).

sabanist

Postby sabanist » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:00 am

usafgirl wrote:Had my interview today! Thanks Sabinist and Wormfather for the medicine recommendations! I was still a bit sniffly but my voice was back to normal.

One question KB asked that I hadn't seen posted on here yet was to describe some of the positive and negative aspects of my current job.

Overall, I think it went okay, it was very low threat and KB was very nice.

No problem! I hope the zinc helped. Glad to hear your interview went well.

digifly

Postby digifly » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:07 am

twinkletoes16 wrote:
Cicero76 wrote:

Mr. Elshal wrote:I know it probably doesn't help much but I've been rooting for you. I seriously hope you get your JS1 soon, and your JS2 not long after.

Ah, thanks guys! I'd like just ONE thing in my life to go well right now and this would be fantastic. I'm going to stop posting in this thread until Friday to give me a sanity break, but I will update with any news (good or bad).

I'm going to try to adopt this strategy as well before I lose my job thanks to being on TLS all the time!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”