Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby helix23 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:14 pm

darn Living Social e-mails keep getting me excited

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby WhiteyCakes » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:16 pm

helix23 wrote:darn Living Social e-mails keep getting me excited


+1...moment of panic whenever the email notification dings. I haven't been this bad since my 1st acceptance

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby helix23 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:25 pm

WhiteyCakes wrote:
helix23 wrote:darn Living Social e-mails keep getting me excited


+1...moment of panic whenever the email notification dings. I haven't been this bad since my 1st acceptance


this. I need to close my gmail or I won't be productive for the rest of the day.

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Lavitz » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:26 pm

Thanks guys. Right now it looks like the only two options are Monday and Thursday. You also get to choose between "HLS Interviewer" and "HLS Interviewer" lol.

helix23 wrote:Gotta prepare myself to be disappointed. Do they usually interview WLs?

I mean, if they put you on the WL and then decide they may want to admit you, they have to interview you first. They may also interview you, WL you, then accept you later.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby helix23 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:34 pm

Lavitz wrote:Thanks guys. Right now it looks like the only two options are Monday and Thursday. You also get to choose between "HLS Interviewer" and "HLS Interviewer" lol.

helix23 wrote:Gotta prepare myself to be disappointed. Do they usually interview WLs?

I mean, if they put you on the WL and then decide they may want to admit you, they have to interview you first. They may also interview you, WL you, then accept you later.



I'd go with HLS Interviewer.

But yeah, I'm ready to be WLed. whatever happens happens.

Congrats again.

User avatar
RSterling
Posts: 358
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby RSterling » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:39 pm

Can those who got the e-mail post their complete dates? And numbers wouldn't hurt if you're feeling up to it.

User avatar
Kionaltski
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:23 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Kionaltski » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:46 pm

Lavitz wrote:I need to start checking my e-mail before responding...

JS1 :shock:

Numbers etc. in profile

Congrats Lavitz and titanfan!

User avatar
venus
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:48 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby venus » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:52 pm

Congrats and good luck!

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Lavitz » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:53 pm

Kionaltski wrote:Congrats Lavitz and titanfan!

Thanks! I'm sure you'll get one soon!

RSterling wrote:Can those who got the e-mail post their complete dates? And numbers wouldn't hurt if you're feeling up to it.

Went complete 10/10. Numbers and LSN link are in profile.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby helix23 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:55 pm

Just saw this in last year's thread:

KB1 in my junk email

User avatar
spicyyoda17
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby spicyyoda17 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:02 pm

helix23 wrote:Just saw this in last year's thread:

KB1 in my junk email


And now we all go furiously check our spam folders!

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby helix23 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:07 pm

spicyyoda17 wrote:
helix23 wrote:Just saw this in last year's thread:

KB1 in my junk email


And now we all go furiously check our spam folders!


haha yup. Just a bunch of "enlarge it" emails and one from University of New Hampshire School of Law

User avatar
Kionaltski
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:23 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Kionaltski » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:17 pm

It's pretty late in the day. I think we can just assume they're won't be anything until tomorrow and have a great halloween!

User avatar
titansfan
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:44 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby titansfan » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:18 pm

haveahat wrote:Mind sharing when you went complete?


Sure -- my app went complete on 10/25.

taf889
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:51 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby taf889 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:31 pm

congrats to yall, that's awesome! Does anyone know how often interview request waves come out generally? As in, if i submitted and went complete a couple weeks ago, are my chances shot?

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby helix23 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:36 pm

taf889 wrote:congrats to yall, that's awesome! Does anyone know how often interview request waves come out generally? As in, if i submitted and went complete a couple weeks ago, are my chances shot?


Looking at last year's thread there didn't seem to be a correlation.

User avatar
banjo
Posts: 1345
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby banjo » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:46 pm

Congrats guys! At least the rest of us (if we are so lucky) will know a bit more about what to expect.

User avatar
Kionaltski
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:23 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Kionaltski » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:23 pm

taf889 wrote:congrats to yall, that's awesome! Does anyone know how often interview request waves come out generally? As in, if i submitted and went complete a couple weeks ago, are my chances shot?

I don't think so. They probably have a stack that they go through slowly to make sure they're not overbooked. Last year, they sent out some thursday, some the next monday, a little here and there.

JedBartlett
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:13 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby JedBartlett » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:23 pm

I went complete on the 11th. Nothing yet.

Can the rest of you say when you went complete? Thanks :).

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby helix23 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:26 pm

JedBartlett wrote:I went complete on the 11th. Nothing yet.

Can the rest of you say when you went complete? Thanks :).


Not sure if you are only asking those who got JS1, but I went complete 10/10

User avatar
elterrible78
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:09 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby elterrible78 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:43 pm

Good luck to those who have already received invitations! I just sent an innocent e-mail asking them to change the e-mail address they have on file for me. That post about the KB1 going into someone's spam folder freaked me out, especially because U Chicago apparently sent a couple e-mails to me at my old address that fell into a black hole.

Nerves again...

VasaVasori
Posts: 573
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:36 pm

Post removed.

Postby VasaVasori » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:46 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by VasaVasori on Sun May 10, 2015 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hopeful16
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:58 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby hopeful16 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:52 pm

I also got a JS1! I submitted on 9/29, went complete on 10/10, and got an interview email at 3:42 today. Good luck to everyone else!

User avatar
trojandave
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby trojandave » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:03 pm

Congrats to all who got a JS1 today! Can you share what email address it came from? I'm going to set up a filter to make sure there's no way that sucker goes to spam

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Lavitz » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:08 pm

Thanks again everyone! I decided to sign up for a Thursday morning slot, so I won't be able to provide details on Monday. Hopefully someone else can. :)

hopeful16 wrote:I also got a JS1! I submitted on 9/29, went complete on 10/10, and got an interview email at 3:42 today. Good luck to everyone else!

Congrats and good luck, hopeful!

trojandave wrote:Congrats to all who got a JS1 today! Can you share what email address it came from? I'm going to set up a filter to make sure there's no way that sucker goes to spam

jdadmiss@law.harvard.edu




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], henryyou and 7 guests