Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Mr. Elshal
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Mr. Elshal » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:50 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:Do we know how many (IF any) below 25th % GPA above median LSAT people have gotten JS1s?

Or are they just waiting to ding us?


This is me and I got JS2. Don't worry, there is definitely hope

ETA in case you don't want to have to go to my profile, I'm 3.72 and 175

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby twinkletoes16 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:54 pm

Mr. Elshal wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:Do we know how many (IF any) below 25th % GPA above median LSAT people have gotten JS1s?

Or are they just waiting to ding us?


This is me and I got JS2. Don't worry, there is definitely hope



YAYYYYYYY THANK YOU

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby twinkletoes16 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:55 pm

Mr. Elshal wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:Do we know how many (IF any) below 25th % GPA above median LSAT people have gotten JS1s?

Or are they just waiting to ding us?


This is me and I got JS2. Don't worry, there is definitely hope

ETA in case you don't want to have to go to my profile, I'm 3.72 and 175



i already creeped you no worries. you have +.02 and +1 on me but let's hope Hahvahd gets desperate enough and JS1s me in few months. I'll wait (:


Edit: you're a URM. damnit.
Last edited by twinkletoes16 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSP12
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:58 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby LSP12 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:56 pm

JS blog post about "hold season" --LinkRemoved--


Also - do rejection emails come out in waves? Should more be expected today?
Last edited by LSP12 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Presidentjlh
Posts: 868
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:07 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Presidentjlh » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:57 pm

Lol they invited me to apply.

Even I know what the decision would be, I don't need to pay $120 to find that out.

EDIT: Also, good luck to all applying there, and a huge congrats to those who have been accepted.
Last edited by Presidentjlh on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby WhiteyCakes » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:59 pm

LSP12 wrote:JS blog post about "hold season" --LinkRemoved--

Does anyone know if you receive an email notifying you of hold status or is it simply inferred from a lack of rejection?

Also - do rejection emails come out in waves? Should more be expected today?


Sounds like you get notified via email

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ph5354a » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:00 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:
Mr. Elshal wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:Do we know how many (IF any) below 25th % GPA above median LSAT people have gotten JS1s?

Or are they just waiting to ding us?


This is me and I got JS2. Don't worry, there is definitely hope

ETA in case you don't want to have to go to my profile, I'm 3.72 and 175



i already creeped you no worries. you have +.02 and +1 on me but let's hope Hahvahd gets desperate enough and JS1s me in few months. I'll wait (:


I have a lower GPA than you both, but this gives me hope. Just getting on the WL would be fun for me. Getting off the WL would also be fun. Dreams.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby helix23 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:00 pm

LSP12 wrote:JS blog post about "hold season" --LinkRemoved--

Does anyone know if you receive an email notifying you of hold status or is it simply inferred from a lack of rejection?

Also - do rejection emails come out in waves? Should more be expected today?


from your own link bro: "This week we started sending notices to students whose files have been complete for several months, but who hadn’t heard from us yet."

kfischm1
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:41 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby kfischm1 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:20 pm

Just read the blog post.

So If I submitted the first week the application opened in September and haven't received a JS1 or an email this week with a hold/rejection, maybe there is hope for a J1 after all still?

I find it weird that only one person in this forum has posted a rejection/hold. Seems that they usually come out in waves.

housebro13
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:12 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby housebro13 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:21 pm

kfischm1 wrote:Just read the blog post.

So If I submitted the first week the application opened in September and haven't received a JS1 or an email this week with a hold/rejection, maybe there is hope for a J1 after all still?

I find it weird that only one person in this forum has posted a rejection/hold. Seems that they usually come out in waves.


+1
Last edited by housebro13 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
danitt
Posts: 1984
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby danitt » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:22 pm

kfischm1 wrote:Just read the blog post.

So If I submitted the first week the application opened in September and haven't received a JS1 or an email this week with a hold/rejection, maybe there is hope for a J1 after all still?

I find it weird that only one person in this forum has posted a rejection/hold. Seems that they usually come out in waves.

I think I just had the wonderful distinction of being the first. Dubious honor but apparently the only one they're willing to give me.

User avatar
carboncopyx
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby carboncopyx » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:23 pm

kfischm1 wrote:I find it weird that only one person in this forum has posted a rejection/hold. Seems that they usually come out in waves.

To be fair, after I was deferred from early admission for my UG, I crawled into bed and hid under the covers for the rest of the day. Getting online to inform people of the movement was not a consideration at all.

User avatar
LSATSCORES2012
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby LSATSCORES2012 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:29 pm

kfischm1 wrote:Just read the blog post.

So If I submitted the first week the application opened in September and haven't received a JS1 or an email this week with a hold/rejection, maybe there is hope for a J1 after all still?

I find it weird that only one person in this forum has posted a rejection/hold. Seems that they usually come out in waves.

Someone reported in on LSN, too, but it does seem to be a pretty small wave. http://lawschoolnumbers.com/thespecs

kfischm1
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:41 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby kfischm1 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:30 pm

carboncopyx wrote:
kfischm1 wrote:I find it weird that only one person in this forum has posted a rejection/hold. Seems that they usually come out in waves.

To be fair, after I was deferred from early admission for my UG, I crawled into bed and hid under the covers for the rest of the day. Getting online to inform people of the movement was not a consideration at all.



Valid point. I myself wouldn't be eager to get online and update either, but I just figured a couple more posts would have trickled in here by now given the OCD nature of a lot of us TLSers on here. :-)

User avatar
zoidberg86
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:05 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby zoidberg86 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:48 pm

There's that hold email I was expecting. Applied in September.


User avatar
moonman157
Posts: 1039
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:26 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby moonman157 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:52 pm

Also got the Hold email! Not even remotely surprised, at least I wasn't rejected haha. I take it this is the equivalent of the waitlist? And how much waitlist movement has HLS had in the past?

User avatar
risa
Posts: 466
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:03 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby risa » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:55 pm

[nevermind, I went and posted this in the "held" thread]

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby helix23 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:55 pm

moonman157 wrote:Also got the Hold email! Not even remotely surprised, at least I wasn't rejected haha. I take it this is the equivalent of the waitlist? And how much waitlist movement has HLS had in the past?


Harvard waitlists so they are not equivalent. I think you can be held, then waitlisted. I am not really sure what the real substantive difference is.

User avatar
zoidberg86
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:05 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby zoidberg86 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:58 pm

helix23 wrote:
moonman157 wrote:Also got the Hold email! Not even remotely surprised, at least I wasn't rejected haha. I take it this is the equivalent of the waitlist? And how much waitlist movement has HLS had in the past?


Harvard waitlists so they are not equivalent. I think you can be held, then waitlisted. I am not really sure what the real substantive difference is.


A big difference is you'll get a Held decision by "late Spring", where as a WL might not hear back until August.*

*I speak from personal experience as I was held --> WL --> rejected last year

User avatar
carboncopyx
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby carboncopyx » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:59 pm

Wormfather wrote:And that story had a happy ending anyway. :P

Definitely, haha. It confirmed that a Hold/Deferral is still infinitely better than a Rejection.

From the admissions blog: "Every year a significant portion of our admitted 1Ls will have received a hold notice at some point in the admissions process." There are worse things in life than having to wait a little bit longer for that HLS acceptance, I think. :wink:

User avatar
broadstreet11
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:34 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby broadstreet11 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:03 pm

Okay so no hold or rejection, but no JS1. Good news? Or am I just stuck in Harvard limbo.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby helix23 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:04 pm

broadstreet11 wrote:Okay so no hold or rejection, but no JS1. Good news? Or am I just stuck in Harvard limbo.


you have a 178. your JS1 is out there.

User avatar
lsatprepguy
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:04 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby lsatprepguy » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:08 pm

broadstreet11 wrote:Okay so no hold or rejection, but no JS1. Good news? Or am I just stuck in Harvard limbo.

i'm in the same place. complete approx 10/10, submitted last week of September

vzapana
Posts: 530
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:54 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby vzapana » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:08 pm

To the applicants who received hold emails: did any of you send apps in October or later?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AZnative, iluvlawschool, ramp_999 and 12 guests