Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
kfischm1
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:41 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby kfischm1 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:44 pm

Congrats to all JS1s!

Though I admit I am super jealous and trying not to lose hope that one day I will be among you chosen few!

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby az21833 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:55 pm

Checking in! 171/4.0.

Submitted today after the dec LSAT score.

Chances are very low with the late application and a prior 167, but I figure you only live once right? What the hell haha. A couple questions for those who know the ins and outs of this process..

1) Does everybody who gets in have a JS1 prior? Does everybody with a JS1 get in?

2) No merit $ at Harvard for anybody right?

3) What time of turn around are we seeing from complete - under review - JS1? 2/3 months? So March/April for me if I am selected?

4) How do we find out about JS1 and acceptance, are they both emails? I ask because I am still stranded by Sandy and essentially getting no snail mail - thanks to futile USPS mail forwarding

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Yukos » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:08 pm

az21833 wrote:Checking in! 171/4.0.

Submitted today after the dec LSAT score.

Chances are very low with the late application and a prior 167, but I figure you only live once right? What the hell haha. A couple questions for those who know the ins and outs of this process..

1) Does everybody who gets in have a JS1 prior? Does everybody with a JS1 get in?

2) No merit $ at Harvard for anybody right?

3) What time of turn around are we seeing from complete - under review - JS1? 2/3 months? So March/April for me if I am selected?

4) How do we find out about JS1 and acceptance, are they both emails? I ask because I am still stranded by Sandy and essentially getting no snail mail - thanks to futile USPS mail forwarding


1) Interviewing is necessary but not sufficient for an acceptance (conditional logic is probably the only thing I'll ever remember from my LSAT studying). ETA: It's been estimated that interviewing ≈70% chance of acceptance.

2) No. They offer need-based aid, but even the largest need-based offers require you to take out some amount of loans.

3) Not sure about complete to under review, and UR->JS1 varies wildly. It took me three months to get a JS1 but others got one in less than a week (and I'm sure there's others who were early-October completes who will gets JS1 invites in the coming weeks). As far as I know, if you don't receive a JS2 within a few weeks of your JS1 it means you're being held (someone correct me if you got a JS2 well after your JS1).

4) JS1 invitation is an email, JS2 is, by definition, a phone call. I'm sure there's some snail mail package that arrives later but someone who's been accepted will have to confirm that.

Hope this helps and good luck!

06162014123
Posts: 213
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:40 pm

.

Postby 06162014123 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:11 pm

.
Last edited by 06162014123 on Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby shntn » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:20 pm

az21833 wrote:1) Does everybody who gets in have a JS1 prior? Does everybody with a JS1 get in?

fhweailufnersiuglaerlufnaweliufaerlufbewausbflaewsrnbfo;aweishfuw]a'esg;w'he

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

User avatar
bellagio
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:08 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bellagio » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:29 pm

Congrats to the news JS1's! My chances here were close to none anyways, so I'm just happy for those who are one step closer :D

Anonymous4444
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:41 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Anonymous4444 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:31 pm

Eh
Last edited by Anonymous4444 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby az21833 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:35 pm

do you guys think lsat median at hls will drop to 172 this year? if so, may have a shot.

lulz
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:15 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby lulz » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:39 pm

In today via phone call. No JS1. 178/3.72. 3rd generation Exeter>P>HLS, probably explains why I didn't have an interview. Good luck to everyone else.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby shntn » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:41 pm

lulz wrote:In today via phone call. No JS1. 178/3.72. 3rd generation Exeter>P>HLS, probably explains why I didn't have an interview. Good luck to everyone else.

Uh

User avatar
John_rizzy_rawls
Posts: 3477
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:44 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:49 pm

lulz wrote:In today via phone call. No JS1. 178/3.72. 3rd generation Exeter>P>HLS, probably explains why I didn't have an interview. Good luck to everyone else.


141. Retake.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby helix23 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:53 pm

John_rizzy_rawls wrote:
lulz wrote:In today via phone call. No JS1. 178/3.72. 3rd generation Exeter>P>HLS, probably explains why I didn't have an interview. Good luck to everyone else.


141. Retake.


yeah that was weak

questcertainty
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:39 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby questcertainty » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:55 pm

lulz wrote:In today via phone call. No JS1. 178/3.72. 3rd generation Exeter>P>HLS, probably explains why I didn't have an interview. Good luck to everyone else.


Well, I guess somebody’s got to keep the old coffers full; our need-based aid depends on it. Anyway, it’s not like s/he’s not a deserving candidate, at least by raw numbers. So, congrats!

User avatar
John_rizzy_rawls
Posts: 3477
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:44 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:58 pm

questcertainty wrote:
lulz wrote:In today via phone call. No JS1. 178/3.72. 3rd generation Exeter>P>HLS, probably explains why I didn't have an interview. Good luck to everyone else.


Well, I guess somebody’s got to keep the old coffers full; our need-based aid depends on it. Anyway, it’s not like s/he’s not a deserving candidate, at least by raw numbers. So, congrats!


Dude...
Image

User avatar
domino
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:51 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby domino » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:04 pm

lulz wrote:In today via phone call. No JS1. 178/3.72. 3rd generation Exeter>P>HLS, probably explains why I didn't have an interview. Good luck to everyone else.


i get that this is not real but was still mildly depressing

User avatar
sabanist
Posts: 573
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:48 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby sabanist » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:12 pm

Yukos wrote:4) JS1 invitation is an email, JS2 is, by definition, a phone call. I'm sure there's some snail mail package that arrives later but someone who's been accepted will have to confirm that.

Yes, you get a snail mail package of admissions info and your certification form (and a bumper sticker to boot) after your JS2.

questcertainty
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:39 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby questcertainty » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:13 pm

domino wrote:
lulz wrote:In today via phone call. No JS1. 178/3.72. 3rd generation Exeter>P>HLS, probably explains why I didn't have an interview. Good luck to everyone else.


i get that this is not real but was still mildly depressing


Yeah, I totally missed that (obviously).

lulz
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:15 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby lulz » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:22 pm

domino wrote:
lulz wrote:In today via phone call. No JS1. 178/3.72. 3rd generation Exeter>P>HLS, probably explains why I didn't have an interview. Good luck to everyone else.


i get that this is not real but was still mildly depressing



I don't really get worried about skepticism over the internet. I'm guessing it's the lack of an interview that's suspect here. I realize the point of this forum is to give people an idea of what to expect etc., and I can give everyone my anonymous internet assurance that I'm not lying/have nothing to gain from doing so etc., but people will take that as they will.

If anyone cares, I know of three other people admitted without interviews. All of them were HLS legacy. An Exeter classmate of mine was admitted this cycle, sans interview, with a 172.

Obviously it's difficult to believe that anyone in my situation exists, let alone posts on TLS.

But, really, do what you can to take your mind off things. Sorry, I guess.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby shntn » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:24 pm

lulz wrote:
domino wrote:
lulz wrote:In today via phone call. No JS1. 178/3.72. 3rd generation Exeter>P>HLS, probably explains why I didn't have an interview. Good luck to everyone else.


i get that this is not real but was still mildly depressing



I don't really get worried about skepticism over the internet. I'm guessing it's the lack of an interview that's suspect here. I realize the point of this forum is to give people an idea of what to expect etc., and I can give everyone my anonymous internet assurance that I'm not lying/have nothing to gain from doing so etc., but people will take that as they will.

If anyone cares, I know of three other people admitted without interviews. All of them were HLS legacy. An Exeter classmate of mine was admitted this cycle, sans interview, with a 172.

Obviously it's difficult to believe that anyone in my situation exists, let alone posts on TLS.

But, really, do what you can to take your mind off things. Sorry, I guess.

I'll have to hop on Facebook or the alumni directory and see if any of my Exeter classmates have had similar luck.

User avatar
Mdenis1
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:06 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Mdenis1 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:28 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:
sinfiery wrote:
facile princeps wrote:Image

I know these are exceptions but they give me hope. Thank you for this!

~1/3th the class will be filled after Feb from applicants applying before Jan1st if LSN is an accurate depiction.



I'm interested to see if H will keep their giant class size or keep their medians. I feel like they can't do both this cycle.


You're reading my thoughts. That's exactly what I was wondering. Especially since they slipped to no 3. on USNWR last year, I guess they hope to climb up to no.2 again and not keeping their medians would probably prevent them to do so.

lulz
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:15 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby lulz » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:29 pm

shntn wrote:
lulz wrote:
domino wrote:
lulz wrote:In today via phone call. No JS1. 178/3.72. 3rd generation Exeter>P>HLS, probably explains why I didn't have an interview. Good luck to everyone else.


i get that this is not real but was still mildly depressing



I don't really get worried about skepticism over the internet. I'm guessing it's the lack of an interview that's suspect here. I realize the point of this forum is to give people an idea of what to expect etc., and I can give everyone my anonymous internet assurance that I'm not lying/have nothing to gain from doing so etc., but people will take that as they will.

If anyone cares, I know of three other people admitted without interviews. All of them were HLS legacy. An Exeter classmate of mine was admitted this cycle, sans interview, with a 172.

Obviously it's difficult to believe that anyone in my situation exists, let alone posts on TLS.

But, really, do what you can to take your mind off things. Sorry, I guess.

I'll have to hop on Facebook or the alumni directory and see if any of my Exeter classmates have had similar luck.


Exeter '07

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby shntn » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:30 pm

'06, which means we probably at least know of each other.

lulz
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:15 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby lulz » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:33 pm

shntn wrote:'06, which means we probably at least know of each other.


I boarded, so I'd have to agree. PM if you need to, but I'm off here for now.

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Yukos » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:34 pm

Public school '07 4 lyfe.

User avatar
danitt
Posts: 1984
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby danitt » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:38 pm

Yukos wrote:Public school '07 4 lyfe.

Outed as a poor.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: amberb94, dreamer_13, NotAGolfer, nslaw123, Snowjon and 17 guests