Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
spicyyoda17
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby spicyyoda17 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:03 pm

Anonymous4444 wrote:
spicyyoda17 wrote:
sabanist wrote:Don't know if this has been mentioned, but there is an email reminder that goes out the day before your JS1. Expect it so that when you see that HLS emailed you, you don't panic and go, "Oh god, this is where they realize they made a mistake and rescind their offer" like a certain someone did...

Fingers crossed for chaos on Friday! :D


As much as I am hoping for this, I feel like Friday would be such a quick turn-around, especially considering that people are interviewing tomorrow in addition to yesterday and today.

On the other hand, with interviews occurring M-F next week, I wonder if they actually will provide us some JS2 love on Friday before the next "wave."


Can someone with a js1 check the schedule and comment on the likelihood of more js1?


This has been done already.

JS1s M-F next week. More JS1s the following week (I think on 2, maybe 3, days).

Translation: more JS1 love on the way!

I'm guessing the invites for next week will come out tomorrow and Friday.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby helix23 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:04 pm

Anonymous4444 wrote:
spicyyoda17 wrote:
sabanist wrote:Don't know if this has been mentioned, but there is an email reminder that goes out the day before your JS1. Expect it so that when you see that HLS emailed you, you don't panic and go, "Oh god, this is where they realize they made a mistake and rescind their offer" like a certain someone did...

Fingers crossed for chaos on Friday! :D


As much as I am hoping for this, I feel like Friday would be such a quick turn-around, especially considering that people are interviewing tomorrow in addition to yesterday and today.

On the other hand, with interviews occurring M-F next week, I wonder if they actually will provide us some JS2 love on Friday before the next "wave."


Can someone with a js1 check the schedule and comment on the likelihood of more js1?


Thought you were done speculating, dawg?

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby shntn » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:06 pm

spicyyoda17 wrote:
JS1s M-F next week. More JS1s the following week (I think on 2, maybe 3, days).

Translation: more JS1 love on the way!

I'm guessing the invites for next week will come out tomorrow and Friday.

Either all the Friday appointments are booked next week, or it's just Monday-Thursday.

And it's Monday, Tuesday, Thursday the following week, all with lots of availability.

User avatar
spicyyoda17
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby spicyyoda17 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:07 pm

shntn wrote:
spicyyoda17 wrote:
JS1s M-F next week. More JS1s the following week (I think on 2, maybe 3, days).

Translation: more JS1 love on the way!

I'm guessing the invites for next week will come out tomorrow and Friday.

Either all the Friday appointments are booked next week, or it's just Monday-Thursday.

And it's Monday, Tuesday, Thursday the following week, all with lots of availability.


Thanks for the correction. Well with that new info, I predict JS1 invites TH and FR this week.

And then a wave of JS2 love to take place a week from Friday (on 12/14) for those JS1s interviewed this week.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby shntn » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:08 pm

spicyyoda17 wrote:

And then a wave of JS2 love to take place a week from Friday (on 12/14) for those JS1s interviewed this week.

NO! You're wrong! We'll hear this Friday, not next!






Except you're completely right. LOL @ two-day turnaround.

User avatar
kingsfield69
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:52 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby kingsfield69 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:44 pm

Lavitz' final post on this thread after receiving his Yale acceptance phone call:

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
kingsfield69
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:52 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby kingsfield69 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:54 pm

shntn wrote:
spicyyoda17 wrote:

And then a wave of JS2 love to take place a week from Friday (on 12/14) for those JS1s interviewed this week.

NO! You're wrong! We'll hear this Friday, not next!


Except you're completely right. LOL @ two-day turnaround.


Sorta feels to me like they are at full throttle right now. A few JS2s this Friday for those who were comparatively easy decisions would not be surprising to me.

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Lavitz » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:42 pm

kingsfield69 wrote:Lavitz' final post on this thread after receiving his Yale acceptance phone call:

--ImageRemoved--

lolwut. I haven't even applied to Yale yet

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby twinkletoes16 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:47 pm

Want to go complete soooo bad so I can at least pray for a JS1.


How long did it take for people to go complete after "application received"? I'm sure this has been answered...just don't want to go through 50+ pages.

User avatar
kingsfield69
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:52 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby kingsfield69 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:49 pm

Lavitz wrote:
kingsfield69 wrote:Lavitz' final post on this thread after receiving his Yale acceptance phone call:


lolwut. I haven't even applied to Yale yet


Well, you should. Just trying to keep you chuckling while you await the inevitable JS2. :D

User avatar
sinfiery
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby sinfiery » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:50 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:Want to go complete soooo bad so I can at least pray for a JS1.


How long did it take for people to go complete after "application received"? I'm sure this has been answered...just don't want to go through 50+ pages.

10 whole days.

Those were better times...

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby twinkletoes16 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:51 pm

sinfiery wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:Want to go complete soooo bad so I can at least pray for a JS1.


How long did it take for people to go complete after "application received"? I'm sure this has been answered...just don't want to go through 50+ pages.

10 whole days.

Those were better times...



Rock and a hard place.

So they received 12/3, can hope for 12/13 and then there's JS1 slots that next week of 12/16-22? PLEEEEAAASSEEE.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby helix23 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:55 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:Want to go complete soooo bad so I can at least pray for a JS1.


How long did it take for people to go complete after "application received"? I'm sure this has been answered...just don't want to go through 50+ pages.


Around 24 days

User avatar
kingsfield69
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:52 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby kingsfield69 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:07 pm

helix23 wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:Want to go complete soooo bad so I can at least pray for a JS1.


How long did it take for people to go complete after "application received"? I'm sure this has been answered...just don't want to go through 50+ pages.


Around 24 days


+1.

User avatar
leebs2
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:09 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby leebs2 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:09 am

Are JS interviews being done today?

User avatar
yarsten
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby yarsten » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:24 am

leebs2 wrote:Are JS interviews being done today?


Yep, I have mine today. Turns out I seriously regret scheduling my interview late in the week as I haven't slept in four days.

User avatar
leebs2
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:09 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby leebs2 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:29 am

yarsten wrote:
leebs2 wrote:Are JS interviews being done today?


Yep, I have mine today. Turns out I seriously regret scheduling my interview late in the week as I haven't slept in four days.

I know the feeling!! Good luck!!

I assume this quashes speculation about JS2 today...

User avatar
leebs2
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:09 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby leebs2 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:52 am

yarsten wrote:
leebs2 wrote:Are JS interviews being done today?


Yep, I have mine today. Turns out I seriously regret scheduling my interview late in the week as I haven't slept in four days.

Are you being interviewed by JS or KB?

User avatar
yarsten
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby yarsten » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:09 pm

leebs2 wrote:
yarsten wrote:
leebs2 wrote:Are JS interviews being done today?


Yep, I have mine today. Turns out I seriously regret scheduling my interview late in the week as I haven't slept in four days.

Are you being interviewed by JS or KB?


Looks like KB.

User avatar
leebs2
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:09 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby leebs2 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:10 pm

yarsten wrote:
leebs2 wrote:
yarsten wrote:
leebs2 wrote:Are JS interviews being done today?


Yep, I have mine today. Turns out I seriously regret scheduling my interview late in the week as I haven't slept in four days.

Are you being interviewed by JS or KB?


Looks like KB.

I wonder if JS is doing interviews today at all. Anybody??

User avatar
Mr. Elshal
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Mr. Elshal » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:17 pm

yarsten wrote:
leebs2 wrote:
yarsten wrote:
leebs2 wrote:Are JS interviews being done today?


Yep, I have mine today. Turns out I seriously regret scheduling my interview late in the week as I haven't slept in four days.

Are you being interviewed by JS or KB?


Looks like KB.


By the way, mine said it was supposed to be KB but they showed up late and I ended up with JS. She was awesome, so I'm happy, but I was caught off guard for a moment.

They were all offline for a while before my interview, though, so it may have been a matter of KB being late from lunch or something.

Good luck!

User avatar
kingsfield69
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:52 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby kingsfield69 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:18 pm

leebs2 wrote:I wonder if JS is doing interviews today at all. Anybody??


I think you are on to something. Not necessarily that she'll put her hands on a phone, but perhaps she is taking some time to finalize decisions. Feels to me like they're in full swing now ... anything is possible.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby shntn » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:26 pm

Mr. Elshal wrote:
By the way, mine said it was supposed to be KB but they showed up late and I ended up with JS.

+1

User avatar
leebs2
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:09 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby leebs2 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:29 pm

kingsfield69 wrote:
leebs2 wrote:I wonder if JS is doing interviews today at all. Anybody??


I think you are on to something. Not necessarily that she'll put her hands on a phone, but perhaps she is taking some time to finalize decisions. Feels to me like they're in full swing now ... anything is possible.

The "anything is possible" just juiced me up......

User avatar
spicyyoda17
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby spicyyoda17 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:32 pm

shntn wrote:
Mr. Elshal wrote:
By the way, mine said it was supposed to be KB but they showed up late and I ended up with JS.

+1


Mine said JS but it was KB.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”