Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
spicyyoda17
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby spicyyoda17 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:41 pm

honeybadger12 wrote:Btw what's the over/under on how many +1s for the post congratulating Lavitz on his JS2?


8.5

User avatar
kingsfield69
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:52 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby kingsfield69 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:11 pm

spicyyoda17 wrote:
honeybadger12 wrote:Btw what's the over/under on how many +1s for the post congratulating Lavitz on his JS2?


8.5


14.

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Lavitz » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:56 am

elterrible78 wrote:
banjo wrote:What are the initial impressions on JS1-JS2 conversions? Looks pretty good to me, with a couple of really weird/notable exceptions. I know that JS joked about turning away a future president...maybe she's trying to pull it off?


This would explain Lavitz's current status with the school.

Lol, thanks but no thanks.

Anyway, I'm just glad nobody's going around raising expectations that I'll definitely get admi--
kingsfield69 wrote:
spicyyoda17 wrote:
honeybadger12 wrote:Btw what's the over/under on how many +1s for the post congratulating Lavitz on his JS2?


8.5


14.

Spoke too soon :lol:

User avatar
leebs2
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:09 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby leebs2 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:45 pm

Any movement today? Or is today an interview day?

Anonymous4444
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:41 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Anonymous4444 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:51 pm

leebs2 wrote:Any movement today? Or is today an interview day?


this used to be my post but ive given up checking my email for the js1 im too worn out....

User avatar
kingsfield69
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:52 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby kingsfield69 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:16 pm

Anonymous4444 wrote:
leebs2 wrote:Any movement today? Or is today an interview day?


this used to be my post but ive given up checking my email for the js1 im too worn out....


Lavitz ... what say you, prophet? Is today all about the scheduled interviews, or will some calls go out this evening?

T14urm
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:47 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby T14urm » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:22 pm

Does anyone know if you submitted your app 11/1 and went complete 11/13, around what time should you expect to hear back from Harvard?

edamame
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:25 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby edamame » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:37 pm

T14urm wrote:Does anyone know if you submitted your app 11/1 and went complete 11/13, around what time should you expect to hear back from Harvard?


+1

I'd like to know the answer, as well. Submitted a bit before 11/20 and went complete 12/3.

User avatar
kingsfield69
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:52 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby kingsfield69 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:43 pm

edamame wrote:
T14urm wrote:Does anyone know if you submitted your app 11/1 and went complete 11/13, around what time should you expect to hear back from Harvard?


+1

I'd like to know the answer, as well. Submitted a bit before 11/20 and went complete 12/3.


Unfortunately, the cycle has not followed a clear pattern in this regard. The first group of applicants went complete around 10/10 and began hearing back in early November. After that first wave, the turn time has been less predictable, with some receiving interview invitations within 24 hours of file completion and others hearing only a deafening silence. Speculating, I think it depends on two things: the timing of your application relative to a "round" of review activity, and how strongly your file resonates with initial reviewers.

But honestly, no one can answer this.

User avatar
hanners7
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:41 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby hanners7 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:47 pm

Had a great chat with KB this morning! She's lovely.

But now it's time to wait some more... Fingers crossed for us all!

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby helix23 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:02 pm

Anonymous4444 wrote:
leebs2 wrote:Any movement today? Or is today an interview day?


this used to be my post but ive given up checking my email for the js1 im too worn out....


+1

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby helix23 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:34 pm

I find this lack of movement disturbing.

User avatar
trojandave
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby trojandave » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:43 pm

helix23 wrote:I find this lack of movement disturbing.


It's a trap?

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby helix23 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:45 pm

trojandave wrote:
helix23 wrote:I find this lack of movement disturbing.


It's a trap?


:lol: let's hope not

User avatar
sabanist
Posts: 573
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:48 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby sabanist » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:49 pm

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but there is an email reminder that goes out the day before your JS1. Expect it so that when you see that HLS emailed you, you don't panic and go, "Oh god, this is where they realize they made a mistake and rescind their offer" like a certain someone did...

Fingers crossed for chaos on Friday! :D

User avatar
efresh88
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:19 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby efresh88 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:01 pm

does anyone know how you pronounce Dean Martha Minow last name?

User avatar
kingsfield69
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:52 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby kingsfield69 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:02 pm

sabanist wrote:Don't know if this has been mentioned, but there is an email reminder that goes out the day before your JS1. Expect it so that when you see that HLS emailed you, you don't panic and go, "Oh god, this is where they realize they made a mistake and rescind their offer" like a certain someone did...

Fingers crossed for chaos on Friday! :D


+1.

hannahk
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:21 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby hannahk » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:08 pm

efresh88 wrote:does anyone know how you pronounce Dean Martha Minow last name?


Minow like the fish.

T14urm
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:47 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby T14urm » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:14 pm

kingsfield69 wrote:
edamame wrote:
T14urm wrote:Does anyone know if you submitted your app 11/1 and went complete 11/13, around what time should you expect to hear back from Harvard?


+1

I'd like to know the answer, as well. Submitted a bit before 11/20 and went complete 12/3.


Unfortunately, the cycle has not followed a clear pattern in this regard. The first group of applicants went complete around 10/10 and began hearing back in early November. After that first wave, the turn time has been less predictable, with some receiving interview invitations within 24 hours of file completion and others hearing only a deafening silence. Speculating, I think it depends on two things: the timing of your application relative to a "round" of review activity, and how strongly your file resonates with initial reviewers.

But honestly, no one can answer this.


:shock: Wow people have been receiving interview invites within 24 hours of completion?! Thats insane! Well I'm definitely not one of those people lol.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby shntn » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:21 pm

kingsfield69 wrote:
sabanist wrote:Don't know if this has been mentioned, but there is an email reminder that goes out the day before your JS1. Expect it so that when you see that HLS emailed you, you don't panic and go, "Oh god, this is where they realize they made a mistake and rescind their offer" like a certain someone did...

Fingers crossed for chaos on Friday! :D


+1.

Is that the current prediction for people who had JS1s this week?

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby digifly » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:25 pm

It's quiet...too quiet.

wisteria
Posts: 285
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:43 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby wisteria » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:27 pm

edamame wrote:
T14urm wrote:Does anyone know if you submitted your app 11/1 and went complete 11/13, around what time should you expect to hear back from Harvard?


+1

I'd like to know the answer, as well. Submitted a bit before 11/20 and went complete 12/3.


I'm still waiting for my file to be complete. Submitted 11/19. Ugh....

User avatar
sabanist
Posts: 573
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:48 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby sabanist » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:51 pm

T14urm wrote: :shock: Wow people have been receiving interview invites within 24 hours of completion?! Thats insane! Well I'm definitely not one of those people lol.

There were a handful, me included, who got invites within 48 hours of completion via status checker. Same day for email.
Bear in mind, these completions came the Monday after Thanksgiving, so it's possible that our apps were actually complete before the break but weren't updated in the system. That's my theory anyway.

shntn wrote:Is that the current prediction for people who had JS1s this week?

Speculation as far as I know, but some folks said that this Friday was open (no JS1 spots). I don't remember seeing any open times on it either, but I was an afternoon JS1 invite so the morning crowd might know for sure.

User avatar
spicyyoda17
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby spicyyoda17 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:52 pm

sabanist wrote:Don't know if this has been mentioned, but there is an email reminder that goes out the day before your JS1. Expect it so that when you see that HLS emailed you, you don't panic and go, "Oh god, this is where they realize they made a mistake and rescind their offer" like a certain someone did...

Fingers crossed for chaos on Friday! :D


As much as I am hoping for this, I feel like Friday would be such a quick turn-around, especially considering that people are interviewing tomorrow in addition to yesterday and today.

On the other hand, with interviews occurring M-F next week, I wonder if they actually will provide us some JS2 love on Friday before the next "wave."

Anonymous4444
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:41 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Anonymous4444 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:00 pm

spicyyoda17 wrote:
sabanist wrote:Don't know if this has been mentioned, but there is an email reminder that goes out the day before your JS1. Expect it so that when you see that HLS emailed you, you don't panic and go, "Oh god, this is where they realize they made a mistake and rescind their offer" like a certain someone did...

Fingers crossed for chaos on Friday! :D


As much as I am hoping for this, I feel like Friday would be such a quick turn-around, especially considering that people are interviewing tomorrow in addition to yesterday and today.

On the other hand, with interviews occurring M-F next week, I wonder if they actually will provide us some JS2 love on Friday before the next "wave."


Can someone with a js1 check the schedule and comment on the likelihood of more js1?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”