Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
kingsfield69
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:52 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby kingsfield69 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:28 pm

Life intense
A life, in tens
Tenths of hope
Adrift the waves of men.

Separating apart
A pain of the heart
Gathered again
In a haven, to mend.

Signed,
Mr. Harvard Hopeful, c/o JS0

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby slawww » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:37 pm

kingsfield69 wrote:Life intense
A life, in tens
Tenths of hope
Adrift the waves of men.

Separating apart
A pain of the heart
Gathered again
In a haven, to mend.

Signed,
Mr. Harvard Hopeful, c/o JS0


I didn't apply to Harvard (I wish, haha), but I wanted to see you lucky ones talk about, & that was pretty damn awesome.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby helix23 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:24 pm

kingsfield69 wrote:Life intense
A life, in tens
Tenths of hope
Adrift the waves of men.

Separating apart
A pain of the heart
Gathered again
In a haven, to mend.

Signed,
Mr. Harvard Hopeful, c/o JS0


Well done, sir

User avatar
kingsfield69
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:52 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby kingsfield69 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:33 pm

helix23 wrote:
kingsfield69 wrote:Life intense
A life, in tens
Tenths of hope
Adrift the waves of men.

Separating apart
A pain of the heart
Gathered again
In a haven, to mend.

Signed,
Mr. Harvard Hopeful, c/o JS0


Well done, sir


:)

brownpride
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 4:01 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby brownpride » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:02 pm

For those that have received JS2s (and those of you for whom my fingers are crossed!), join the HLS Class of 2016 thread:

Harvard Law School Class of 2016

User avatar
ScratchableItch
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:10 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ScratchableItch » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:26 pm

Had my interview today, and it went pretty well I thought. My interviewer was really easy to talk to!

M458
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby M458 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:29 pm

I just sent my app
Now the wait really begins
I abhor haikus

User avatar
honeybadger12
Posts: 270
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:40 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby honeybadger12 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:30 pm

I've been mia on here but also just had my JS1 today so time for the nervous waiting haha. Congrats to everyone with JS2s and best of luck to everyone else!!

Anonymous4444
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:41 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Anonymous4444 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:48 pm

Sounds like today they finished up the js1s and didn't send out any new js1s. Tomorrow?

User avatar
kingsfield69
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:52 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby kingsfield69 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:51 pm

Anonymous4444 wrote:Sounds like today they finished up the js1s and didn't send out any new js1s. Tomorrow?



Sweet Jesus I hope you're right.

User avatar
harveyfan
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:36 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby harveyfan » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:29 pm

Checking in.

I'm below the 25th for LSAT and above 25th for GPA, so Harvard is definitely a reach.

Figured I'd apply and see what happens.

User avatar
sabanist
Posts: 573
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:48 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby sabanist » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:15 pm

Image

Image

User avatar
sinfiery
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby sinfiery » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:20 pm

sabanist wrote:Image

Goodluck on JSs!

Cherries2013
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:33 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Cherries2013 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:25 pm

Can anyone who has tracked the J1/J2 schedule over the last few cycles opine on how they differ from this one?

It seems like only auto-admits have gotten JS1s at this point - people who have both high GPAs and LSATs (with many/most above the 75th for both).

When I look back at past cycles it seems that people with lower scores (though still around the medians) had also heard around this time. Or am I just imagining things?

It's getting so hard not to become depressed about my chances...but it's still so early in the game (right?)

User avatar
sabanist
Posts: 573
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:48 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby sabanist » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:31 pm

Thanks sf :)
I spent a good minute running around my living room in circles, trying not to squeal while my roommate skypes with a friend.


Cherries2013 wrote:Can anyone who has tracked the J1/J2 schedule over the last few cycles opine on how they differ from this one?

It seems like only auto-admits have gotten JS1s at this point - people who have both high GPAs and LSATs (with many/most above the 75th for both).

When I look back at past cycles it seems that people with lower scores (though still around the medians) had also heard around this time. Or am I just imagining things?

It's getting so hard not to become depressed about my chances...but it's still so early in the game (right?)

Yes, it's early. I wouldn't be surprised if the volatility of this cycle (with the major dips in LSAT numbers) is pushing law schools - even HLS - to nab the above-medians/75% while they can in order to get a picture of what their medians will look like for this class before tackling the rest.
Keep in mind, this was just the first round. There is plenty of time left.

"Relax," says sabanist within a day of totally snapping. :wink:

Anonymous4444
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:41 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Anonymous4444 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:50 pm

sabanist wrote:Thanks sf :)
I spent a good minute running around my living room in circles, trying not to squeal while my roommate skypes with a friend.


Cherries2013 wrote:Can anyone who has tracked the J1/J2 schedule over the last few cycles opine on how they differ from this one?

It seems like only auto-admits have gotten JS1s at this point - people who have both high GPAs and LSATs (with many/most above the 75th for both).

When I look back at past cycles it seems that people with lower scores (though still around the medians) had also heard around this time. Or am I just imagining things?

It's getting so hard not to become depressed about my chances...but it's still so early in the game (right?)

Yes, it's early. I wouldn't be surprised if the volatility of this cycle (with the major dips in LSAT numbers) is pushing law schools - even HLS - to nab the above-medians/75% while they can in order to get a picture of what their medians will look like for this class before tackling the rest.
Keep in mind, this was just the first round. There is plenty of time left.

"Relax," says sabanist within a day of totally snapping. :wink:




Lol I agree I'm 172 with above 75th gpa and haven't heard yet so I'm praying that your right.

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3096
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Lavitz » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:51 pm

Cherries2013 wrote:Can anyone who has tracked the J1/J2 schedule over the last few cycles opine on how they differ from this one?

It seems like only auto-admits have gotten JS1s at this point - people who have both high GPAs and LSATs (with many/most above the 75th for both).

When I look back at past cycles it seems that people with lower scores (though still around the medians) had also heard around this time. Or am I just imagining things?

It's getting so hard not to become depressed about my chances...but it's still so early in the game (right?)

I think it's about the same as previous cycles. I remember seeing one cycle where the initial JS1s all had ridiculously high LSATs to the point where the median was 177. If anything, I feel like the GPA floor has softened a bit since outlookingin got a JS2 with a GPA below 3.8. I don't think I've ever seen that happen before for a non-URM so early in the cycle.

So I would say there's plenty reason to remain optimistic.

Anonymous4444
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:41 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Anonymous4444 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:33 am

At this point ID be happy for an interview from Chicago.

somebody. interview. me. now.

User avatar
kingsfield69
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:52 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby kingsfield69 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:48 am

I sure hope for some additional JS1 movement today. I don't think I can take another day of poetry.

User avatar
banjo
Posts: 1345
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby banjo » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:18 pm

JSWON!
edit: 176/3.76, complete 10/10
Last edited by banjo on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joeycrack
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:43 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby joeycrack » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:20 pm

What time?

User avatar
leebs2
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:09 am

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby leebs2 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:20 pm

JS1!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
banjo
Posts: 1345
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby banjo » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:21 pm

joeycrack wrote:What time?

like five minutes ago - 176/3.76

User avatar
spicyyoda17
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby spicyyoda17 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:25 pm

JS1 - boom baby!

172/4.0, submitted mid September.

User avatar
Kionaltski
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:23 pm

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Kionaltski » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:26 pm

JS1 invite. Pretty excited. submitted 9/16 went complete 10/11 stats in box




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: brinicolec, lawnerd87, Long shot hero, mike90018, Purple Post It Note, Yahoo [Bot] and 17 guests