Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
vzapana

Silver

Re: Harvard c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Post by vzapana » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:10 pm

ph5354a wrote:
ph5354a wrote:Just to make sure I'm reading the OP graphs right --the last round of JS 1s (actual interviews, not requests, I'm assuming) seem to be around the first of April, and then they start up again at the end of May, which I'm assuming is for candidates off the WL. So if we haven't heard anything by the end of March, then we're probably looking at a ding or WL, and WL comes out at the end of April/early May.

Does this sound about right?
Not to distract from the js2-waiters and the counterrevolution going on, but can any other js0 confirm this for me? I need to do some expectations-management here.

To me, it reads that the second week of April is when the JS1s stop temporarily, and the last week of May is when they continue

rehsalt

New

Post by rehsalt » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:11 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:If we just sit around and do nothing someone else will overtake us and we'll be #3. The exact same thing happened to us in the USNWR rankings.
That, my friend, is the difference between the WUSTL thread and this thread. We don't care if someone thinks we're #2 or #3. This is Harvard.

kingsfield69

Bronze

Post by kingsfield69 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:13 pm

rehsalt wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:If we just sit around and do nothing someone else will overtake us and we'll be #3. The exact same thing happened to us in the USNWR rankings.
That, my friend, is the difference between the WUSTL thread and this thread. He don't care if someone thinks we're #2 or #3. He is Lavitz.
Last edited by kingsfield69 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:13 pm

rehsalt wrote:
That, my friend, is the difference between the WUSTL thread and this thread. We don't care if someone thinks we're #2 or #3. This is Harvard.
My bad, but I like the confidence!

GertrudeR

New

Post by GertrudeR » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:15 pm

Ya'll definitely did a good job of keeping the thread alive...by any means necessary. I woke up and saw that the thread was two pages longer and was terrified to check my inbox thinking for sure there was a bloodbath.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lak90

New

Post by lak90 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:55 pm

When you guys got JS1s, did anything chance on your application status check?

carboncopyx

Silver

Post by carboncopyx » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:55 pm

lak90 wrote:When you guys got JS1s, did anything chance on your application status check?
Not prior to receiving the e-mail. But a few days later, there will be something like "Interview Scheduled" under the mailing list.

vzapana

Silver

Post by vzapana » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:01 pm

T minus 2 hours until my prediction comes true (or not)

broadstreet11

Bronze

Post by broadstreet11 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:03 pm

vzapana wrote:T minus 2 hours until my prediction comes true (or not)
Do we expect the pulls from the held pile to start next week?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

danielr

Bronze

Post by danielr » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:25 pm

rehsalt wrote:
OH hrm hrm! Let us all swirl our snifters full of cognac simultaneously in a counter-clockwise motion, and smirk at one another knowingly because this is Hahvahd, and we will all one day be masters of the universe.

Pull the crimson-colored stick out of your ass and learn how to take a joke, you stuck up motherfucker.

vzapana

Silver

Post by vzapana » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:27 pm

danielr wrote:
rehsalt wrote:
OH hrm hrm! Let us all swirl our snifters full of cognac simultaneously in a counter-clockwise motion, and smirk at one another knowingly because this is Hahvahd, and we will all one day be masters of the universe.

Pull the crimson-colored stick out of your ass and learn how to take a joke, you stuck up motherfucker.
I thought he was being tongue-in-cheek

twinkletoes16

Silver

Post by twinkletoes16 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:28 pm

vzapana wrote:
danielr wrote:
rehsalt wrote:

I thought he was being tongue-in-cheek

he was.

well that escalated quickly...

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:30 pm

Please forgive danielr, commoners lack the mental fortitude to understand what is, to us, a simple joke.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kingsfield69

Bronze

Post by kingsfield69 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:34 pm

danielr wrote:
rehsalt wrote:

Your post implies seething resentment of Harvard. If that's the case, you should consider not trying to go there. And also, consider not posting here. This has been about the most civil and well-behaved forum I've seen. Please don't trash it with this kind of BS.

cwid1391

Bronze

Post by cwid1391 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:38 pm

danielr wrote:
rehsalt wrote:

danielr

Bronze

Post by danielr » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:40 pm

kingsfield69 wrote:
danielr wrote:
rehsalt wrote:

Your post implies seething resentment of Harvard. If that's the case, you should consider not trying to go there. And also, consider not posting here. This has been about the most civil and well-behaved forum I've seen. Please don't trash it with this kind of BS.
Really, it's more of a resentment (not necessarily "seething") of an attitude that often accompanies people who go, or who want to go, to Harvard. If that's the culture there, then yeah, I guess I resent it.

If rehsalt was in fact joking, then ignore my over-sensitive remarks.

.........wannabelawstudent for new OP of Harvard thread! Who's with us?!

ManOfTheMinute

Gold

Post by ManOfTheMinute » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:45 pm

I go to bed and this thread turns into a shit show. Jesus.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bosmer88

Bronze

Post by bosmer88 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:46 pm

Why are people trying to overthrow Lavitz? He seems nice enough.

jselson

Platinum

Post by jselson » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:48 pm

danielr wrote:Really, it's more of a resentment (not necessarily "seething") of an attitude that often accompanies people who go, or who want to go, to Harvard. If that's the culture there, then yeah, I guess I resent it.

Man, you're on the wrong side of a lot of things.

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:49 pm

All of this squabbling is trivial compared to some more important matters we have at hand. I think I will take an early tea time to help quell my anticipation.

kingsfield69

Bronze

Post by kingsfield69 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:52 pm

danielr wrote:
Really, it's more of a resentment (not necessarily "seething") of an attitude that often accompanies people who go, or who want to go, to Harvard. If that's the culture there, then yeah, I guess I resent it.

Fair enough on the first point, and I believe he was joking. FWIW, I have seen ZERO haughtiness in my dealings with HLS professors, staff, or current students ... and in fact, the HLS embrace has been exceptionally warm.

On the second point, the soil of this thread has been disproportionately nourished with the blood of a few patriots...and Lavitz is one of them. I cannot sign on to any plan triggering his abdication.

:-)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:54 pm

kingsfield69 wrote:
Fair enough on the first point, and I believe he was joking. FWIW, I have seen ZERO haughtiness in my dealings with HLS professors, staff, or current students ... and in fact, the HLS embrace has been exceptionally warm.

On the second point, the soil of this thread has been disproportionately nourished with the blood of a few patriots...and Lavitz is one of them. I cannot sign on to any plan triggering his abdication.

It was merely a suggestion and once I became aware of the people's dislikings to the suggestion, I withdrew my support. Here's to Lavitz! Here Here!

ManOfTheMinute

Gold

Post by ManOfTheMinute » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:55 pm

kingsfield69 wrote:
danielr wrote:

I've seen laughs of haughtiness in my dealings... they refuse to admit me because "I'm not good enough" or something!

Lavitz

Gold

Post by Lavitz » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:59 pm

Lolwut just happened?

Calm down guys, don't let anyone WUSTL your jimmies.

danielr

Bronze

Post by danielr » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:59 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:All of this squabbling is trivial compared to some more important matters we have at hand. I think I will take an early tea time to help quell my anticipation.
Will you be enjoying scones as well, sir?

Also, it looks like you have effected, yet again, another failed coup of OP. When they take you to the guillotine, don't say I never tried to support you.

@kingsfield: I'm sure you're right. I only know a few Harvard grads (one HLS grad), but they are all pretty down to earth.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”