Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:50 pm

iMisto wrote:
elterrible78 wrote:
iMisto wrote:Deferred.

I kinda feel like killing myself. :cry:


Really really sorry. But deferred is not rejected...keep the faith.


Thanks... I know. Just feel shitty. I told them they were my first choice, so I'm not sure how else to convince them. :/

By maintaining a positive attitude and doing as well as you can! Are you still in undergrad?

User avatar
GirlStop
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:49 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby GirlStop » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:53 pm

iMisto wrote:
elterrible78 wrote:
iMisto wrote:Deferred.

I kinda feel like killing myself. :cry:


Really really sorry. But deferred is not rejected...keep the faith.


Thanks... I know. Just feel shitty. I told them they were my first choice, so I'm not sure how else to convince them. :/


Logged on just to send some encouragement your way! It's all going to work out in your favor, Misto. There is going to be a lot of movement this cycle and you'll be in before you know it. Keep your head up! It's going to be okay :-)

User avatar
moonman157
Posts: 1039
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:26 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby moonman157 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:53 pm

is there any chance we hear back before feb 1st?

User avatar
SaintsTheMetal
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:08 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby SaintsTheMetal » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:53 pm

Also deferred to RD. I think it is not too surprising they are deferring a lot of people. Probably just want to see how the entire cycle shakes out for them instead of admitting tons of people in December.

I'm definitely happier to be deferred than WLed.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby shntn » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:55 pm

iMisto wrote:Deferred.

I kinda feel like killing myself. :cry:

You'll be fine, boo. <3

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby shifty_eyed » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:59 pm

iMisto wrote:Deferred.

I kinda feel like killing myself. :cry:

I know how much you wanted this, so I'm really sorry to hear this.

Deferred =/= rejection, so don't give up yet! This applies to all deferees btw :)

guinness1547
Posts: 585
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:13 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby guinness1547 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:01 pm

moonman157 wrote:is there any chance we hear back before feb 1st?

God I hope so. I can't deal with that kind of wait.

User avatar
gate08
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:06 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby gate08 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:06 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:
iMisto wrote:Deferred.

I kinda feel like killing myself. :cry:

I know how much you wanted this, so I'm really sorry to hear this.

Deferred =/= rejection, so don't give up yet! This applies to all deferees btw :)


This. I think it's a much better sign to be deferred, obviously they're interested and want to look at everyone's applications in context. My last update was 11/7, so I suspect I may be joining the ranks soon. At least we're in good company!

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Crowing » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:14 pm

Did we ever come to a consensus about what kind of an e-mail to send them?

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:18 pm

Crowing wrote:Did we ever come to a consensus about what kind of an e-mail to send them?

When I'm in your shoes next week, I'm going to send a short and cordial email basically saying thanks for not rejecting me and to expect an update of my transcript and another LOR in January.

User avatar
feralinfant
Posts: 887
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:54 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby feralinfant » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:29 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
Crowing wrote:Did we ever come to a consensus about what kind of an e-mail to send them?

When I'm in your shoes next week, I'm going to send a short and cordial email basically saying thanks for not rejecting me and to expect an update of my transcript and another LOR in January.


this seems like a decent plan. except ive been out of school so im not exactly going to have new transcripts or anything. I think im going to send one short email now and then let the chips fall where they may.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby helix23 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:45 pm

iMisto wrote:Deferred.

I kinda feel like killing myself. :cry:


chin up dawg

thatjuanguy
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:05 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby thatjuanguy » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:47 pm

Deferred as well.

I was planning on touring next week and I am still going to. I know at some schools this can be viewed favorably by admissions, any one know specifically if this is the case at Cornell?

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:48 pm

thatjuanguy wrote:Deferred as well.

I was planning on touring next week and I am still going to. I know at some schools this can be viewed favorably by admissions, any one know specifically if this is the case at Cornell?

Probably. It seems like they're REALLY insecure about the whole Ithaca being a frozen hellscape thing.

User avatar
LSATSCORES2012
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby LSATSCORES2012 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:58 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
thatjuanguy wrote:Deferred as well.

I was planning on touring next week and I am still going to. I know at some schools this can be viewed favorably by admissions, any one know specifically if this is the case at Cornell?

Probably. It seems like they're REALLY insecure about the whole Ithaca being a frozen hellscape thing.

In my "Why Cornell," three sentences I was like, "after four years in South Florida, I think I'm ready for a cold climate like Ithaca's."

I hope they don't take it as sarcasm... because I was serious.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:59 pm

LSATSCORES2012 wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
thatjuanguy wrote:Deferred as well.

I was planning on touring next week and I am still going to. I know at some schools this can be viewed favorably by admissions, any one know specifically if this is the case at Cornell?

Probably. It seems like they're REALLY insecure about the whole Ithaca being a frozen hellscape thing.

In my "Why Cornell," three sentences I was like, "after four years in South Florida, I think I'm ready for a cold climate like Ithaca's."

I hope they don't take it as sarcasm... because I was serious.

Same. People don't understand how refreshing four seasons are to Floridians.

rakeshow
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:26 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby rakeshow » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:30 pm

wow, an explosion of posts today... looks like a lot of deferrals :( keep your head up everyone!
is this normal for cornell EA?

User avatar
geary86
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:09 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby geary86 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:48 pm

also deferred to RD... :?
At least glad I'm not an outright rejection...

User avatar
iMisto
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby iMisto » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:53 pm

Thanks for the support! :oops: I'm def. going to work on getting in a good LOCI, an updated resume, and possibly another LOR.

No longer in UG, Sunny - so no future grades.

Good luck, everybody!

guinness1547
Posts: 585
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:13 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby guinness1547 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:58 pm

Anyone know how these deferrals have translated into decisions in previous years? Better than a WL, I'm assuming, but I dunno.

User avatar
FortunaGubernans
Posts: 150
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:37 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby FortunaGubernans » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:02 pm

Deferred as well! I wish we could start a club or something. Get T-shirts.

User avatar
moonman157
Posts: 1039
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:26 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby moonman157 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:06 pm

FortunaGubernans wrote:Deferred as well! I wish we could start a club or something. Get T-shirts.


I'm seriously tempted to start a thread just for us...

User avatar
iMisto
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby iMisto » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:25 pm

moonman157 wrote:
FortunaGubernans wrote:Deferred as well! I wish we could start a club or something. Get T-shirts.


I'm seriously tempted to start a thread just for us...


Do ittttttt. 8)

User avatar
HBBJohnStamos
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:13 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby HBBJohnStamos » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:28 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:Same. People don't understand how refreshing four seasons are to Floridians.


Even if one of those seasons lasts for 5-6 months? :lol:

rakeshow
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:26 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby rakeshow » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:32 pm

is being deferred to RD essentially the same as someone with your stats submitting in january?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”