Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
jcan91
Posts: 224
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby jcan91 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:08 pm

Sent my app in at 11pm November 5th. STILL being verified. Oh Cornell....y u no like me...:(

arklaw13
Posts: 1703
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:36 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby arklaw13 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:27 pm

jcan91 wrote:Sent my app in at 11pm November 5th. STILL being verified. Oh Cornell....y u no like me...:(


Mine went in November 6th and I'm still being verified as well.

rakeshow
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:26 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby rakeshow » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:54 pm

I was told that they aim to get the status tracker updated to complete by the end of this week for all EA applicants. so basically once we go "complete", any time from then til christmas is fair game for the next update? and the next update will come as an email notification of acceptance/rejection?

rakeshow
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:26 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby rakeshow » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:08 pm

basically what im wondering is if there is any point in using the status checker once it is complete

User avatar
venus
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:48 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby venus » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:09 pm

rakeshow wrote:basically what im wondering is if there is any point in using the status checker once it is complete

Yes. My status checker changed to "Congratulations! You are admitted!" before I got the acceptance email from them.

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ph5354a » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:40 pm

My app just went complete! There is hope! I have this message at the top, which was not there before, so I guess that's a good way to check if your application is being processed as EA.

"Your application is complete and will be forwarded to the Admissions Committee for review. You will receive a decision of either admit, reserve, or deny by mid-to-late December.

Over time you may notice that your current status date will change even though your current status does not. These changes mean that your application is moving through our internal review process."

User avatar
jcan91
Posts: 224
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby jcan91 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:08 pm

Status changed to 'holding for future lsat score....' Does this mean my acceptance is riding on December's LSAT? (That will be my second take).

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby shntn » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:39 pm

jcan91 wrote:Status changed to 'holding for future lsat score....' Does this mean my acceptance is riding on December's LSAT? (That will be my second take).

If you're signed up for the December test, I think it's safe to say yes.

User avatar
trobriander
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:26 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby trobriander » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:38 pm

Hi everyone! New at TLS. To everyone still waiting for a decision - it really helps with the stress to stop checking your status checker. I got a surprise email a couple weeks ago and I didn't even have time to freak out before I saw the "Congratulations, you're admitted." To everyone who's been admitted and/or really likes Cornell... I visited over the summer and I'm still on the fence. What do you like best about Cornell/Ithaca? And would you pick it over schools like GULC?

User avatar
jcan91
Posts: 224
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby jcan91 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:11 am

shntn wrote:
jcan91 wrote:Status changed to 'holding for future lsat score....' Does this mean my acceptance is riding on December's LSAT? (That will be my second take).

If you're signed up for the December test, I think it's safe to say yes.


Nice to know there's no pressure...ha...:(. Oh well, what will be will be.

karich
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:33 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby karich » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:29 am

None of that que sera ish. You have a month. Figure out where you're weak and kill it.

User avatar
iMisto
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby iMisto » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:25 am

trobriander wrote: To everyone who's been admitted and/or really likes Cornell... I visited over the summer and I'm still on the fence. What do you like best about Cornell/Ithaca? And would you pick it over schools like GULC?


It's Cornell.

I'd pick it over GULC any day - take a look at those employment numbers. At GULC, you're competing with a monster-sized class, and, IMO a tarnished reputation for being a JD mill (but that's prob. only matters to TLSers w/ no lives).

I'd take a serious look at the employment numbers, decide where you want to work (def. NYC?), where'd you'd be happiest living (city/small town), and what kind of experience you want to have (giant school/small school).

User avatar
John_rizzy_rawls
Posts: 3477
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:44 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:30 am

iMisto wrote:
trobriander wrote: To everyone who's been admitted and/or really likes Cornell... I visited over the summer and I'm still on the fence. What do you like best about Cornell/Ithaca? And would you pick it over schools like GULC?


It's Cornell.

I'd pick it over GULC any day - take a look at those employment numbers. At GULC, you're competing with a monster-sized class, and, IMO a tarnished reputation for being a JD mill (but that's prob. only matters to TLSers w/ no lives).

I'd take a serious look at the employment numbers, decide where you want to work (def. NYC?), where'd you'd be happiest living (city/small town), and what kind of experience you want to have (giant school/small school).


2013-2014 applicant/lurker here. Just dropping in to say Cornell and Ithaca are awesome.

Best of luck to everyone. Lurker out.
Last edited by John_rizzy_rawls on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
bananapudding88
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bananapudding88 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:09 pm

Just got my first status update since going complete! Nervous, but excited it's started! How much time generally passes between each status update before they reach a decision?

User avatar
jcan91
Posts: 224
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby jcan91 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:05 pm

karich wrote:None of that que sera ish. You have a month. Figure out where you're weak and kill it.


A week and a half really, but duly noted my friend. The killing, it will occur.

JohnMarshall17
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:52 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby JohnMarshall17 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:12 pm

So I am still at "received" as of 11/9. Should I call?

arklaw13
Posts: 1703
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:36 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby arklaw13 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:51 pm

I submitted November 6th and just went complete today. Finally...I was starting to get antsy.

demarco5
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:37 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby demarco5 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:33 pm

When do we think we'll see some more acceptances?

User avatar
efresh88
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:19 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby efresh88 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:56 pm

Just got accepted via email today! Here are my stats and status update dates:

3.87/ 160, 165 URM MA

Submit: 11/2
Complete:11/6
Updates: 11/15 and 11/19
Accepted 11/20

Good luck to everyone!

thatjuanguy
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:05 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby thatjuanguy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:59 pm

efresh88 wrote:Just got accepted via email today! Here are my stats and status update dates:

3.87/ 160, 165 URM MA

Submit: 11/2
Complete:11/6
Updates: 11/15 and 11/19
Accepted 11/20

Good luck to everyone!


Congrats! Though this info does not bode well for me haha

User avatar
iMisto
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby iMisto » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:45 pm

efresh88 wrote:Just got accepted via email today! Here are my stats and status update dates:

3.87/ 160, 165 URM MA

Submit: 11/2
Complete:11/6
Updates: 11/15 and 11/19
Accepted 11/20

Good luck to everyone!



That was a very quick process.... :oops:

comeonletsgo
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:20 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby comeonletsgo » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:13 pm

trobriander wrote:To everyone who's been admitted and/or really likes Cornell... I visited over the summer and I'm still on the fence. What do you like best about Cornell/Ithaca? And would you pick it over schools like GULC?


I would pick Cornell over GULC based on the employment stats. I've also lived in DC and am tired of it so there's that.

User avatar
HBBJohnStamos
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:13 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby HBBJohnStamos » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:20 am

John_rizzy_rawls wrote:2013-2014 applicant/lurker here. Is it odd/idiotic that I want to work in Los Angeles (USC undergrad, non-profit work and all connections here, LA born and raised) but that Cornell is one of my three absolute dream schools? The idea of quiet and beautiful Ithaca... next cycle couldn't come soon enough.

Best of luck to everyone. Lurker out.


There are plenty of Californians here with the exact same mindset, FWIW.

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby dproduct » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:46 am

HBBJohnStamos wrote:
John_rizzy_rawls wrote:2013-2014 applicant/lurker here. Is it odd/idiotic that I want to work in Los Angeles (USC undergrad, non-profit work and all connections here, LA born and raised) but that Cornell is one of my three absolute dream schools? The idea of quiet and beautiful Ithaca... next cycle couldn't come soon enough.

Best of luck to everyone. Lurker out.


There are plenty of Californians here with the exact same mindset, FWIW.


One right here!

User avatar
John_rizzy_rawls
Posts: 3477
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:44 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:56 am

.
Last edited by John_rizzy_rawls on Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”