Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
rakeshow
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:26 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby rakeshow » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:32 pm

im just curious.. whats up with cornell?every other school went complete within a matter of days. jsut wondering if theres anything unique about cornell's process or maybe something going on at the school? is it usually like this? i just dont understand

User avatar
remix
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:44 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby remix » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:03 pm

rakeshow wrote:im just curious.. whats up with cornell?every other school went complete within a matter of days. jsut wondering if theres anything unique about cornell's process or maybe something going on at the school? is it usually like this? i just dont understand


There's probably just a huge amount of people who applied EA. We'll all be alright.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby shntn » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:06 pm

remix wrote:
rakeshow wrote:im just curious.. whats up with cornell?every other school went complete within a matter of days. jsut wondering if theres anything unique about cornell's process or maybe something going on at the school? is it usually like this? i just dont understand


There's probably just a huge amount of people who applied EA. We'll all be alright.

That and the extended deadline may have thrown things off a bit. I'm sure they're working through them all as quickly as they can.

User avatar
Gustave
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:41 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Gustave » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:10 pm

Proud to join the ranks. Just submitted.

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ph5354a » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:00 pm

Does anyone know Cornell's policy on applicants taking the December test? Will they review the applicant with just the first score, or do you have to specifically request them to review your application instead of waiting for the second score? Thanks!

User avatar
timeandspace11
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby timeandspace11 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:27 pm

Just submitted my app two days ago. I would love to go to Cornell. My numbers are 3.55 168, so i think I am competitive for acceptance, but I am not predicting much financial aid. The again you never know unless you try.

User avatar
bananapudding88
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bananapudding88 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:46 pm

Been stuck at 11/8 (application complete) for a while now. I wonder if they've started reading my app yet? Would I know?

karich
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:33 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby karich » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:19 pm

Cornell does not change your status to "under review" or anything. It just stays at "complete". However they will change your status date periodically. I would assume this means your application is being reviewed.

User avatar
clouded.memory
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:26 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby clouded.memory » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:38 pm

Just to let everyone know- my current status date changed for the third time on my status checker yesterday, and I received my final (admit) decision today. So it looks like 3 might be the magic number! :)

User avatar
timeandspace11
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby timeandspace11 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:56 pm

clouded.memory wrote:Just to let everyone know- my current status date changed for the third time on my status checker yesterday, and I received my final (admit) decision today. So it looks like 3 might be the magic number! :)


Congrats!!!

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby AlanShore » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:06 pm

congrats to everyone admitted! my status updated to 11/15.. in for the long haul! prob with imisto. :mrgreen:

User avatar
Elahrairah
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:07 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Elahrairah » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:09 pm

Complete at last.

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Crowing » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:06 pm

clouded.memory wrote:Just to let everyone know- my current status date changed for the third time on my status checker yesterday, and I received my final (admit) decision today. So it looks like 3 might be the magic number! :)


I hope it's not 3, because that would mean i'm currently sitting in the "to be WLed/dinged" pile. :lol:

comeonletsgo
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:20 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby comeonletsgo » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:08 pm

Crowing wrote:
clouded.memory wrote:Just to let everyone know- my current status date changed for the third time on my status checker yesterday, and I received my final (admit) decision today. So it looks like 3 might be the magic number! :)


I hope it's not 3, because that would mean i'm currently sitting in the "to be WLed/dinged" pile. :lol:


I had 4 and was accepted -- there's hope!

User avatar
clouded.memory
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:26 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby clouded.memory » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:13 pm

comeonletsgo wrote:
Crowing wrote:
clouded.memory wrote:Just to let everyone know- my current status date changed for the third time on my status checker yesterday, and I received my final (admit) decision today. So it looks like 3 might be the magic number! :)


I hope it's not 3, because that would mean i'm currently sitting in the "to be WLed/dinged" pile. :lol:


I had 4 and was accepted -- there's hope!


I stand corrected (but in this case, I'm glad to be wrong). :D

User avatar
domori
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:49 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby domori » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:09 pm

admitted.

went complete on 10/26. 3.64/170

arklaw13
Posts: 1704
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:36 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby arklaw13 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:43 pm

domori wrote:admitted.

went complete on 10/26. 3.64/170


ED or RD?

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:56 pm

Dylanlj13 wrote:
domori wrote:admitted.

went complete on 10/26. 3.64/170


ED or RD?

THERE IS NO ED

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby shntn » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:14 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
Dylanlj13 wrote:
domori wrote:admitted.

went complete on 10/26. 3.64/170


ED or RD?

THERE IS NO ED

And, again, anyone who applies before the EA deadline is automatically considered EA. So domori (congrats, btw!) was EA the same as everyone else.

arklaw13
Posts: 1704
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:36 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby arklaw13 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:39 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
Dylanlj13 wrote:
domori wrote:admitted.

went complete on 10/26. 3.64/170


ED or RD?

THERE IS NO ED


My bad. Brain=fried

On that note, I think I submitted the day after the EA deadline. Not too happy about that.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:41 pm

Same. They extended it to the 5th, and that's when I submitted, but my status checker says the 6th. Either way, it doesn't really matter.

rakeshow
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:26 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby rakeshow » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:29 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:Same. They extended it to the 5th, and that's when I submitted, but my status checker says the 6th. Either way, it doesn't really matter.


if you submitted by midnight on the 5th, they can see that. you qualify for EA

User avatar
iMisto
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby iMisto » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:30 pm

I'm going to cry myself to sleep.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:30 pm

iMisto wrote:I'm going to cry myself to sleep.

:|

Right there with you. But don't worry! It's early, yet.

User avatar
iMisto
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby iMisto » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:49 am

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
iMisto wrote:I'm going to cry myself to sleep.

:|

Right there with you. But don't worry! It's early, yet.



*hugs*




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: A Lutt, asuddenarborealstop, curry1, jjcorvino, liuwenyu, potatocowpower, Why???, XUMickeal, zot1 and 20 guests