Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
rakeshow
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:26 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby rakeshow » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:25 pm

Gisney wrote:So is everyone who applied EA already complete? I'm not and was wondering if I should email them since the 15th is approaching.


been stuck at "verifying materials" or whatever. pretty sure we're fine though

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ph5354a » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:48 pm

rakeshow wrote:
Gisney wrote:So is everyone who applied EA already complete? I'm not and was wondering if I should email them since the 15th is approaching.


been stuck at "verifying materials" or whatever. pretty sure we're fine though


Same here. I might shoot them an email on the 15th if nothing has changed by then just to make sure nothing's wrong, but I'm not worried.

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby dproduct » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:03 am

ph5354a wrote:
rakeshow wrote:
Gisney wrote:So is everyone who applied EA already complete? I'm not and was wondering if I should email them since the 15th is approaching.


been stuck at "verifying materials" or whatever. pretty sure we're fine though


Same here. I might shoot them an email on the 15th if nothing has changed by then just to make sure nothing's wrong, but I'm not worried.


Don't worry guys, I'm in the same boat. I have a feeling they got inundated with applications post-October LSAT for EA. I'm sure we'll get some movement this week.

Gisney
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Gisney » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:14 am

dproduct wrote:
ph5354a wrote:
rakeshow wrote:
Gisney wrote:So is everyone who applied EA already complete? I'm not and was wondering if I should email them since the 15th is approaching.


been stuck at "verifying materials" or whatever. pretty sure we're fine though


Same here. I might shoot them an email on the 15th if nothing has changed by then just to make sure nothing's wrong, but I'm not worried.


Don't worry guys, I'm in the same boat. I have a feeling they got inundated with applications post-October LSAT for EA. I'm sure we'll get some movement this week.


Well no worries now that I know I am not alone. I thought it unlikely that they were missing anything from my applications since other schools have had no problem. Well here is for some completes this week!

rakeshow
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:26 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby rakeshow » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:59 pm

are we supposed to submit a deans certification form by the 15th?

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby shntn » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:00 pm

rakeshow wrote:are we supposed to submit a deans certification form by the 15th?

Not as a general rule for the application itself. For me anyway, the Dean's Letter comes later, if and when I accept their offer. There might be some C&F reasons why they'd need it sooner, but someone else can maybe speak to that.

karich
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:33 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby karich » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:03 pm

They want a dean's certification if you have ever been on academic probation or have any other kind of actions taken by your school against you. If you answer yes to that CF question then your application will not be complete until they get your cert.

thatjuanguy
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:05 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby thatjuanguy » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:04 pm

Updated to 11/12 today... Anyone else w me? Submitted on 10/13, previous update 11/6

User avatar
TheThriller
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby TheThriller » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:06 pm

thatjuanguy wrote:Updated to 11/12 today... Anyone else w me? Submitted on 10/13, previous update 11/6


Still at 11/6 here

User avatar
Mr. Elshal
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Mr. Elshal » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:18 pm

TheThriller wrote:
thatjuanguy wrote:Updated to 11/12 today... Anyone else w me? Submitted on 10/13, previous update 11/6


Still at 11/6 here


I submitted 10/28, updated on 11/6, and then again today to 11/12

User avatar
iMisto
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby iMisto » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:32 pm

10/8 still....

comeonletsgo
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:20 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby comeonletsgo » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:37 pm

i updated today as well. i went complete on 11/02 i think. WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!?!?!?!?

EDIT: submitted 10/26, went complete 11/02 (or 11/01), and then updated again today

onionz
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:22 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby onionz » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:43 pm

comeonletsgo wrote:i updated today as well. i went complete on 11/02 i think. WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!?!?!?!?

EDIT: submitted 10/26, went complete 11/02 (or 11/01), and then updated again today


It looks like Cornell cleaned up the top section of the status today for a bunch of applications. Small change, but now they split it up into 3 separate paragraphs instead of one-large paragraph (probably unnoticed by most of us)

comeonletsgo
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:20 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby comeonletsgo » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:47 pm

onionz wrote:
comeonletsgo wrote:i updated today as well. i went complete on 11/02 i think. WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!?!?!?!?

EDIT: submitted 10/26, went complete 11/02 (or 11/01), and then updated again today


It looks like Cornell cleaned up the top section of the status today for a bunch of applications. Small change, but now they split it up into 3 separate paragraphs instead of one-large paragraph (probably unnoticed by most of us)


oh god how anti-climactic

User avatar
mtrrw
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:05 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby mtrrw » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:57 pm

comeonletsgo wrote:
onionz wrote:
comeonletsgo wrote:i updated today as well. i went complete on 11/02 i think. WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!?!?!?!?

EDIT: submitted 10/26, went complete 11/02 (or 11/01), and then updated again today


It looks like Cornell cleaned up the top section of the status today for a bunch of applications. Small change, but now they split it up into 3 separate paragraphs instead of one-large paragraph (probably unnoticed by most of us)


oh god how anti-climactic


My header was rearranged as well, but with no status update. I'm then guessing that there was some other movement on your app. Still sitting pretty at 10/19 after a 9/28 complete.

comeonletsgo
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:20 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby comeonletsgo » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:00 pm

mtrrw wrote:
comeonletsgo wrote:
onionz wrote:
comeonletsgo wrote:i updated today as well. i went complete on 11/02 i think. WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!?!?!?!?

EDIT: submitted 10/26, went complete 11/02 (or 11/01), and then updated again today


It looks like Cornell cleaned up the top section of the status today for a bunch of applications. Small change, but now they split it up into 3 separate paragraphs instead of one-large paragraph (probably unnoticed by most of us)


oh god how anti-climactic


My header was rearranged as well, but with no status update. I'm then guessing that there was some other movement on your app. Still sitting pretty at 10/19 after a 9/28 complete.


hopefully under review then with a decision soon! i see you were a philosophy major, too. best of luck to you!! hopefully we will both hear some good news soon

User avatar
iMisto
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby iMisto » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:10 pm

^ if they've made decisions, why wouldn't they tell us? I'm about to drive to Ithaca and test those suicide nets.

User avatar
mtrrw
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:05 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby mtrrw » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:20 pm

comeonletsgo wrote:
mtrrw wrote:
comeonletsgo wrote:
comeonletsgo wrote:i updated today as well. i went complete on 11/02 i think. WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!?!?!?!?

EDIT: submitted 10/26, went complete 11/02 (or 11/01), and then updated again today


It looks like Cornell cleaned up the top section of the status today for a bunch of applications. Small change, but now they split it up into 3 separate paragraphs instead of one-large paragraph (probably unnoticed by most of us)


My header was rearranged as well, but with no status update. I'm then guessing that there was some other movement on your app. Still sitting pretty at 10/19 after a 9/28 complete.


hopefully under review then with a decision soon! i see you were a philosophy major, too. best of luck to you!! hopefully we will both hear some good news soon


Thanks, same to you!

thatjuanguy
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:05 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby thatjuanguy » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:35 pm

I feel like my header has always been 3 paragraphs lol

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby dproduct » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:03 pm

Since they pushed the EA submissions date back... I assume the November 15th complete deadline is a little soft...?

I'm still getting verified and it has been since November 1st.

rakeshow
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:26 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby rakeshow » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:48 pm

dproduct wrote:Since they pushed the EA submissions date back... I assume the November 15th complete deadline is a little soft...?

I'm still getting verified and it has been since November 1st.


yeah I think the date isn't absolute. I was under the impression that they would contact you if there are any issues?

TunnelVision
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:12 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby TunnelVision » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:02 pm

Submitted everything on 11/1 and Cornell is the only school I haven't gone complete at yet... I'm under review already at most of the other schools. I hope Cornell pushes that deadline back a bit because I really want to hear back by the end of next month lol

User avatar
Mdenis1
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:06 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Mdenis1 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:40 am

Regarding the Dean Scholarships invitation: from what I've read on this thread (I might be wrong because obviously not all law school applivants come to TLS forums but still) I think you need at leastba 169 LSAT to receive the invitation to apply? I don't think I saw anyone with 168 or less getting one.

comeonletsgo
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:20 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby comeonletsgo » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:49 pm

comeonletsgo wrote:i updated today as well. i went complete on 11/02 i think. WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!?!?!?!?

EDIT: submitted 10/26, went complete 11/02 (or 11/01), and then updated again today


status date updated again today...

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby slawww » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:53 pm

comeonletsgo wrote:
comeonletsgo wrote:i updated today as well. i went complete on 11/02 i think. WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!?!?!?!?

EDIT: submitted 10/26, went complete 11/02 (or 11/01), and then updated again today


status date updated again today...


Same, this is my second update in the past couple of days




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: elcamino4, Google [Bot], hellohalo, JordanLaw15, Kaziende, MSNbot Media and 11 guests