Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby WhiteyCakes » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:52 am

Chickensoup wrote:Yeah, we'll see. Did your status date change? Also, what time did people receive their decisions yesterday?


Nothing yet....I think people started posting around mid-day yesterday or early afternoon? I'm too lazy to look through the back pages

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby shntn » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:58 am

WhiteyCakes wrote:
Chickensoup wrote:Yeah, we'll see. Did your status date change? Also, what time did people receive their decisions yesterday?


Nothing yet....I think people started posting around mid-day yesterday or early afternoon? I'm too lazy to look through the back pages

Got mine just before noon.

BigZuck
Posts: 10853
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby BigZuck » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:21 am

Chickensoup wrote:
BigZuck wrote:Lol @ the selfishness, entitlement, and first world problems ITT.

Submitted one of the first days apps opened, around both medians, no status update and no decision yet. Zero fucks given. Seems like they are just doing the autoadmits who would never attend in a million years first, then they will get to the lower numbers that might actually attend. I expect to play the waiting game for another month at least but I could be wrong.


Really unnecessary snark. No one is acting entitled, just excited.


People who are autoadmits at higher ranked schools are frustrated they don't have their acceptance yet and people who are CCN locks are upset they won't be offered a full ride to a school they would never actually attend (though I'm just assuming that, I could be wrong). Not sure what else to call it besides entitlement.

Anyway, congrats to the admits and relax waiters, decisions should be coming soon enough.

User avatar
Chickensoup
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Chickensoup » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:43 am

BigZuck wrote:
Chickensoup wrote:
BigZuck wrote:Lol @ the selfishness, entitlement, and first world problems ITT.

Submitted one of the first days apps opened, around both medians, no status update and no decision yet. Zero fucks given. Seems like they are just doing the autoadmits who would never attend in a million years first, then they will get to the lower numbers that might actually attend. I expect to play the waiting game for another month at least but I could be wrong.


Really unnecessary snark. No one is acting entitled, just excited.


People who are autoadmits at higher ranked schools are frustrated they don't have their acceptance yet and people who are CCN locks are upset they won't be offered a full ride to a school they would never actually attend (though I'm just assuming that, I could be wrong). Not sure what else to call it besides entitlement.

Anyway, congrats to the admits and relax waiters, decisions should be coming soon enough.


It's always good to have that first T14 out of the way. Can't blame people for being a little anxious.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby shntn » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:48 am

Chickensoup wrote:It's always good to have that first T14 out of the way. Can't blame people for being a little anxious.

Well this post is just inviting whatever follows.

User avatar
Chickensoup
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Chickensoup » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:49 am

shntn wrote:
Chickensoup wrote:It's always good to have that first T14 out of the way. Can't blame people for being a little anxious.

Well this post is just inviting whatever follows.


Huh?

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby shntn » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:52 am

Chickensoup wrote:
shntn wrote:
Chickensoup wrote:It's always good to have that first T14 out of the way. Can't blame people for being a little anxious.

Well this post is just inviting whatever follows.


Huh?

Talking about having "that first T14 out of the way" doesn't do much to dispel the entitled thing. Just saying.

BigZuck
Posts: 10853
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby BigZuck » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:56 am

shntn wrote:
Chickensoup wrote:It's always good to have that first T14 out of the way. Can't blame people for being a little anxious.

Well this post is just inviting whatever follows.


You. I like you.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:56 am

BigZuck wrote:
shntn wrote:
Chickensoup wrote:It's always good to have that first T14 out of the way. Can't blame people for being a little anxious.

Well this post is just inviting whatever follows.


You. I like you.

:roll:

User avatar
Chickensoup
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Chickensoup » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:57 am

shntn wrote:
Chickensoup wrote:
shntn wrote:
Chickensoup wrote:It's always good to have that first T14 out of the way. Can't blame people for being a little anxious.

Well this post is just inviting whatever follows.


Huh?

Talking about having "that first T14 out of the way" doesn't do much to dispel the entitled thing. Just saying.


It's not being entitled. You work hard, you get good numbers, you expect admission to a top school. If you don't get it, then fuck law school. You should be smart enough to do something better.

User avatar
fips tedora
Posts: 3735
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby fips tedora » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:01 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
shntn wrote:
Chickensoup wrote:It's always good to have that first T14 out of the way. Can't blame people for being a little anxious.

Well this post is just inviting whatever follows.


You. I like you.

:roll:

Lol at the relevance of the shitty TLS sayings thread in the Lounge.

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Crowing » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:07 pm

BigZuck wrote:
Chickensoup wrote:
BigZuck wrote:Lol @ the selfishness, entitlement, and first world problems ITT.

Submitted one of the first days apps opened, around both medians, no status update and no decision yet. Zero fucks given. Seems like they are just doing the autoadmits who would never attend in a million years first, then they will get to the lower numbers that might actually attend. I expect to play the waiting game for another month at least but I could be wrong.


Really unnecessary snark. No one is acting entitled, just excited.


People who are autoadmits at higher ranked schools are frustrated they don't have their acceptance yet and people who are CCN locks are upset they won't be offered a full ride to a school they would never actually attend (though I'm just assuming that, I could be wrong). Not sure what else to call it besides entitlement.

Anyway, congrats to the admits and relax waiters, decisions should be coming soon enough.


I think a lot of people would take a full ride at Cornell over CCN sticker. I know I would (I'm not saying I'm in a position to make that choice though).

User avatar
Rahviveh
Posts: 2271
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Rahviveh » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:09 pm

Chickensoup wrote:
It's not being entitled. You work hard, you get good numbers, you expect admission to a top school. If you don't get it, then fuck law school. You should be smart enough to do something better.


+1

If you have the numbers, the schools should want YOU, not the other way around. Tough shit for them if they don't take you and have to find another way to maintain their medians. After all we are the ones paying exorbitant amounts to attend.

JedBartlett
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:13 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby JedBartlett » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:10 pm

New First World Problems Meme

"Applied to Cornell Law School."

[Imagine "crying face" girl]

"Haven't received a decision yet in early October!"

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:10 pm

ChampagnePapi wrote:
Chickensoup wrote:
It's not being entitled. You work hard, you get good numbers, you expect admission to a top school. If you don't get it, then fuck law school. You should be smart enough to do something better.


+1

If you have the numbers, the schools should want YOU, not the other way around. Tough shit for them if they don't take you and have to find another way to maintain their medians. After all we are the ones paying exorbitant amounts to attend.

You (and I am literally talking about you specifically with your awesome numbers) shouldn't go to a non-YSH without a full scholly.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby shntn » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:34 pm

Crowing wrote:
BigZuck wrote:People who are autoadmits at higher ranked schools are frustrated they don't have their acceptance yet and people who are CCN locks are upset they won't be offered a full ride to a school they would never actually attend (though I'm just assuming that, I could be wrong). Not sure what else to call it besides entitlement.

Anyway, congrats to the admits and relax waiters, decisions should be coming soon enough.


I think a lot of people would take a full ride at Cornell over CCN sticker. I know I would (I'm not saying I'm in a position to make that choice though).

Yup, I'd definitely consider it. Scholarship money is a major consideration for me, and I wouldn't have applied to a school I wouldn't be okay with attending at the right price.

Chickensoup wrote:It's not being entitled. You work hard, you get good numbers, you expect admission to a top school. If you don't get it, then fuck law school. You should be smart enough to do something better.

You're preaching to the choir here on expecting returns on all the hard work I've put in over the years. I was just saying to take care of your phrasing or people can get quite huffy. Trust me on this point...I'm something of an expert.

User avatar
Chickensoup
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Chickensoup » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:46 pm

You're preaching to the choir here on expecting returns on all the hard work I've put in over the years. I was just saying to take care of your phrasing or people can get quite huffy. Trust me on this point...I'm something of an expert.


Fuck people who get "huffy" on TLS. The amount of pseudo-outrage on this forum is disgusting.

User avatar
danitt
Posts: 1984
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby danitt » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:51 pm

Chickensoup wrote:
You're preaching to the choir here on expecting returns on all the hard work I've put in over the years. I was just saying to take care of your phrasing or people can get quite huffy. Trust me on this point...I'm something of an expert.


Fuck people who get "huffy" on TLS. The amount of pseudo-outrage on this forum is disgusting.

So would this be real outrage or pseudo-outrage? I can't tell.

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby WhiteyCakes » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:07 pm

well this thread went to hell :lol:

User avatar
Chickensoup
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Chickensoup » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:25 pm

No decision yet. I'm sure it won't come this week.

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby shifty_eyed » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:30 pm

shntn wrote: I was just saying to take care of your phrasing or people can get quite huffy. Trust me on this point...I'm something of an expert.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
iMisto
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby iMisto » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:34 pm

No word for Yours Truly yet.

JedBartlett
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:13 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby JedBartlett » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:55 pm

Guys, stop obsessively checking your statuses and go do something useful with your time. The email will come eventually and checking your statuses over and over and over again won't make it come any faster.

User avatar
06102016
Posts: 13466
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby 06102016 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:04 pm

..

User avatar
Chickensoup
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Chickensoup » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:06 pm

JedBartlett wrote:Guys, stop obsessively checking your statuses and go do something useful with your time. The email will come eventually and checking your statuses over and over and over again won't make it come any faster.


You sure? I heard that the more you check your status, the faster the decision comes. I heard the person who checks it the most times gets a full ride.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], hwwong, sre08 and 18 guests